PDA

View Full Version : Growing hair from short problem

SnoOgGranskog
May 4th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Hey hey everyone, I've made some crappy haircut decisions as of late, but want to grow my hair long again.

The problem is, I have about 2 inches on top, but I had my sides shaved.

Now that I want to regrow, should I just let it grow? Or buzz it all one length?

Thanks much!

SnoOgGranskog
May 4th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Oh, here is me making a dumb face..

It's been about 3-4 weeks since this photo, so its a bit grown in.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w454/LastActionJoe/DSC00006.jpg

Covet
May 4th, 2012, 05:35 PM
I'd buzz it all one length so it'd be even :) good luck!

RadiantNeedle
May 4th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Buzz all over, or have small trims here and there to even out the length as the sides grow out!
Or just let it grow! There's a number of styles going around that feature longer top and front sections, but I don't know if the scene or emo styles are your thang ;)

Tisiloves
May 4th, 2012, 05:48 PM
I'd at least trim the top bit otherwise you'll end upwith a "Jedward" in about a month.

In case you're outside the UK: http://sinchronicitymagazine.com/2012/02/jedward-announce-2012-eurovision-entry/tp://sinchronicitymagazine.com/2012/02/jedward-announce-2012-eurovision-entry/

Just don't go there.

Desdesdes
May 4th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Lol at the Jedward. My son grew out a high and tight and has ended up with a pretty gorgeous natural V hemline. He was shorter than you on top, though. Maybe just grow and see? You can trim anytime.

Congrats on your decision to go long again :happydance:

Miss Catrina
May 4th, 2012, 06:42 PM
What are you trying to grow it out to? If you buzz it to one length, it will eventually turn into a mullet.

arcane
May 4th, 2012, 06:55 PM
I'd let it grow a bit longer and maybe in a month or two do an all over trim to tidy it up.

SnoOgGranskog
May 4th, 2012, 09:13 PM
I change my mind so much I'm not sure if I have the motivation in me to grow it out.

But I want to!

I would like to grow it long long.

here is a picture of me in high school with my long hair.

I want to grow it longer than that.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/223241_6032122215_541122215_294395_8722_n.jpg

sarahbrownie
May 4th, 2012, 09:37 PM
What are you trying to grow it out to? If you buzz it to one length, it will eventually turn into a mullet.

As someone who started at less than an inch, I agree!!! Let it grow as it is. If you think about it, it takes longer for your top to match your sides. You actually have a better start then most of us had! By the time it gets around 3 inches from starting at one length, you have to do several cuts to avoid looking like a mullet.

meeliah
May 4th, 2012, 09:42 PM
I vote for leaving it alone. Men look good with more length on top.

oktobergoud
May 5th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Nooooo don't buzz it!!!

No really, DON'T! It will take so much longer. Now it's longer on top it means you'll have less layers then when you buzz it all. It will take FOREVER before your longer layers on top will be as long as the other layers, if you buzz them it will take even longer! I speak from experience ;)

You will have to even it out one day, but only when it's all longer! So yeah, don't buzz it all, it will only take longer and look more awkward when you grow it out, really...

Siiri
May 5th, 2012, 02:03 AM
As someone who started at less than an inch, I agree!!! Let it grow as it is. If you think about it, it takes longer for your top to match your sides. You actually have a better start then most of us had! By the time it gets around 3 inches from starting at one length, you have to do several cuts to avoid looking like a mullet.

Nooooo don't buzz it!!!

No really, DON'T! It will take so much longer. Now it's longer on top it means you'll have less layers then when you buzz it all. It will take FOREVER before your longer layers on top will be as long as the other layers, if you buzz them it will take even longer! I speak from experience ;)

You will have to even it out one day, but only when it's all longer! So yeah, don't buzz it all, it will only take longer and look more awkward when you grow it out, really...

I grew out from a short pixie which was pretty short on top, and I agree with these. I've still got uneven layers from the pixie cut even though I did trim the mullet a few times.

Venefica
May 5th, 2012, 02:12 AM
I had very short hair when I started to grow it out. I kept trimming at chin length until all of my hair was the same length and then grew it down from there.

Neneka
May 5th, 2012, 03:38 AM
I wouldn't buzz it, juts trim it as it grows if it starts to look weird. :)

SnoOgGranskog
May 6th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Thank you all for your input!

I will definitely leave it alone until I feel necessary to trim things even.

Now I could use a little more help on hair-care.

I don't shampoo every time I shower, because I read it was good to let some of the natural
oils stay in the hair.

But usually after I do shower, It leaves my hair dry and 'poofed'.

Are there better ways of going about this? Btw I'm using Herbal Essences hello hydration 2n1.

Thanks again everyone!

holothuroidea
May 6th, 2012, 03:02 PM
In general, if you want long hair you want to cut it as little as possible. So I would wait and if it starts looking strange you can reassess.

Short hair needs to be washed more often, as there is less length for the oils to coat. You should really be using conditioner, too. You can try a CWC wash which is condition-wash-condition. This works pretty well for most hair types. If your hair is not oily enough to wash every day but gets poofy after a shower you can use just conditioner on in-between days.

jacqueline101
May 6th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I'd buzz it off and grow it all out at the same time.

spidermom
May 6th, 2012, 04:22 PM
I'd just let it grow and get trims to neaten it up from time to time. Since the part that is now short is lower on your head, it will reach lower on your neck more quickly than the top, so really, I think this will all be relatively even with a few trims as it grows.

hairconvictions
May 7th, 2012, 03:15 AM
From how I've seen my husbands hair grow, I'd definitely say leave it and trim it up as you go. The length on the top will give you something to work with during the "awkward stage".

MonaLisa
May 7th, 2012, 03:25 AM
Do not buzz it again lol...you will ahve to do little trims to reshape it along the way anyway...and all one length buzzed, would make it way harder to grow into something that looks like a style..:)
Just grow...good luck!!