PDA

View Full Version : Super Moon on 05-05-2012

Topaz
May 4th, 2012, 11:53 AM
I just wanted to put a shout out to all of you who are trimming with the full moon. Saturday, May 5, 2012 will be the perigee full moon, also known as the Super Moon. It's the moon's closest passage to the earth this year, and therefore being closer it will look larger than usual.

I don't know if trimming on the Super Moon will increase growth rates for those who trim with the full moon --- by that I mean, will it grant us more growth than trimming on a regular full moon would --- but heck, it sure can't hurt to try it.

Also, if it matters, it will be the full moon in Scorpio.

I'll be doing a microtrim tomorrow night just in case it does give me more growth or thickness than a regular full moon. So who's with me? :)

gogirlanime
May 4th, 2012, 11:59 AM
nooooooooooo I wish I could but I'm doing my experiment :( Let's Find Out the Truth! - Does Trimming Make Your Hair Grow Faster - THE EXPERIMENT (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=92802) I guess I'll have to wait until next year :mad:

BeckyAH
May 4th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I just wanted to put a shout out to all of you who are trimming with the full moon. Saturday, May 5, 2012 will be the perigee full moon, also known as the Super Moon. It's the moon's closest passage to the earth this year, and therefore being closer it will look larger than usual.

I don't know if trimming on the Super Moon will increase growth rates for those who trim with the full moon --- by that I mean, will it grant us more growth than trimming on a regular full moon would --- but heck, it sure can't hurt to try it.

Also, if it matters, it will be the full moon in Scorpio.

I'll be doing a microtrim tomorrow night just in case it does give me more growth or thickness than a regular full moon. So who's with me? :)

I'm with you. I need a trim and was aiming for tomorrow, anyway. Less micro than 'inch' for me, but.

Viscountess
May 4th, 2012, 12:30 PM
I will join you! I had a massive shed over the winter due to stress, low iron (on suppliments now) and as a result my waist length hair has massive fairy tail ends that are frankly embarassing.

I need to trim about two inches off to even up the hemline (sob).

misspurdy06
May 4th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Aye!

I read about it earlier today and planned on a micro trim too!

I will be trimming tonight!

Gonna have camera ready!

leslissocool
May 4th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I'm going to a full moon ritual this Saturday! I'm really exited :cheese:.

pepperminttea
May 4th, 2012, 02:27 PM
I'm tempted, but I really don't need a trim quite yet; I'll probably wait for the autumn equinox. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll go stargazing tomorrow night instead. :D Hopefully the sky will be clear enough!

serin blackwood
May 4th, 2012, 02:29 PM
So I just trimmed on the New Moon, which was supposed to encourage growth... are you saying that trimming on the Full Moon is good as well?

auburntressed
May 4th, 2012, 02:34 PM
I'm doing the experiment with gogirlanime. But even if I weren't, I wouldn't be trimming on the super moon. Those of us who trimmed full moon in Leo back in February had a stall in growth afterward, and I decided at that point no more full moon trims until I am at goal.

Lissandria
May 5th, 2012, 12:04 AM
I'm doing the experiment with gogirlanime. But even if I weren't, I wouldn't be trimming on the super moon. Those of us who trimmed full moon in Leo back in February had a stall in growth afterward, and I decided at that point no more full moon trims until I am at goal.

I had slow growth from the full moon in Leo trim also, however bear in mind that Leo is a barren sign and more likely the reason fro a stall in growth that the full moon. Scorpio is a moist, fertile sign.

I think I may just do a teensy little trim tonight. My ends feel meh.

Jing
May 5th, 2012, 03:28 AM
I just wish the skies weren't overcast so I could actually have a look at this thing.

skraprchik
May 5th, 2012, 04:23 AM
That explains why I couldn't stop looking at the moon while walking my dog last night.

Aeltt
May 5th, 2012, 04:32 AM
That explains why I couldn't stop looking at the moon while walking my dog last night.
And why i couldn't fall asleep for the past 2 days.. Heck, if the moon acts on my sleep, then why not on my hair. I need a trim anyway.

hellucy
May 5th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Those of us who trimmed full moon in Leo back in February had a stall in growth afterward, and I decided at that point no more full moon trims until I am at goal.

:applause Thank You. I've just realised that is why my hair has grown so little - my last trim was full moon in Leo back in February - I couldn't figure out what I was doing different that was causing my hair to grow so slow.
Next trim will have to be after the next New Moon.

Viscountess
May 5th, 2012, 11:53 AM
I trimmed about an inch off... then am doing a roots-only henna treatment. Cannot see the moon today because its SNOWING!

Big fluffy flakes of white...

swearnsue
May 5th, 2012, 11:59 AM
No trimming for me but I'll give a couple of good howls at the moon, the dogs will join me and the neighbors will wonder.

MissHair
May 5th, 2012, 01:29 PM
How would hair grow faster with full moon, super moon? Im questioning the method, I simply dont understand HOW it works.

aldasbeke
May 5th, 2012, 01:32 PM

A full moon ritual for hair growth or a full moon ritual in general? I don't know much about that kind of thing, but if it's something that helps with hair growth, why not?

And thanks for the reminder. I'm going to trim right now.

Honeyfall
May 5th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Has anyone else noticed that their hair just grows faster during a full moon, trimming or no? I have, I get a huge growth spurt every month on the full moon. I wake up the next morning and my hair is measurably longer.

Lucky_Lucy
May 5th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I had slow growth from the full moon in Leo trim also, however bear in mind that Leo is a barren sign and more likely the reason fro a stall in growth that the full moon. Scorpio is a moist, fertile sign.

I think I may just do a teensy little trim tonight. My ends feel meh.

I experienced the same thing after the trim in Leo, but I have to say that my hair really got thicker. :D As far as I know, Scorpio moon encourages hair growth so I guess it's a good idea. I don't trim anymore, but I certainly will S&D now, in hope for some much-needed growth! :cheese:

Has anyone else noticed that their hair just grows faster during a full moon, trimming or no? I have, I get a huge growth spurt every month on the full moon. I wake up the next morning and my hair is measurably longer.

I also noticed that! Whenever there's a full moon, my hair just grows a lot all of a sudden. Oh, the powers of Nature! :D

I've always wanted to go to an Esbat ritual, but I've never had the chance(fortunately, I can still do one on my own! :D ). I hope you have fun! :cheese:

AnqeIicDemise
May 5th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Dang. I already trimmed two days ago! :\

Honeyfall
May 5th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Dang. I already trimmed two days ago! :\

So did I! I just couldn't stand my ends anymore. Maybe we could still sneak in a cheeky S&D? ;)

Indigostreams
May 5th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Whelp, I just did a tiny trim off of my bangs. So if it is true that the moon makes your hair grow faster, than I suppose I should see those growing faster than the rest of my hair.

leslissocool
May 5th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I've always wanted to go to an Esbat ritual, but I've never had the chance(fortunately, I can still do one on my own! :D ). I hope you have fun! :cheese:

Thanks! I know it will be awesome!

AnqeIicDemise
May 5th, 2012, 03:14 PM
So did I! I just couldn't stand my ends anymore. Maybe we could still sneak in a cheeky S&D? ;)

Well.. I didn't touch some layers because I am trying to grow them out so I suppose they do benefit of some S&D love. ^.-

PixxieStix
May 5th, 2012, 03:18 PM
I'm doing the "No Trims in 2012" challenge, otherwise I'd totally give this a go! Might be a good night for some S&D though, I haven't picked up my hair scissors in months. :D I'm a mere inch from APL, and with my renewed vigor in my exorcise routine and remembering to take my supplements regularly, I'm hoping for ANY kind of growth spurt, if some trimming (albeit of single hairs) on the full moon helps, I'm all for it.

whitedove
May 5th, 2012, 03:28 PM
My birthsign is scorpio, would it be a added bonus for me to trim, seeing that the moon is in scorpio?

millyaulait
May 5th, 2012, 03:36 PM
I don't follow moon-trimming..

But wowza, that's a pretty moon tonight. :)

patienceneeded
May 5th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Good idea! I may try a small self-trim tonight. My ends need a little trim anyway.

misspurdy06
May 5th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Did a micro trim! Fingers crossed. I hope my hair grows super duper fast!

Fairlight63
May 5th, 2012, 08:15 PM
I am in the trim test to see if your hair really grows faster if you trim it monthly challenge, so I will not trim until next month.

I measured my hair on May 1st. at 39 1/2"
Will trim it on June 1st.
Then measure it again on the July 1st. Hopefully I will be at goal of 40" then.

For the last yr. I have trimmed 1/4" monthly on the New Moon to thicken up my hair - so I will see if there is any difference in growth doing it this way.

patienceneeded
May 5th, 2012, 09:07 PM
I did it! My very first self-trim using Feye's Self Trim method for a U-shaped hem. It was actually really easy and fast. It came out pretty even too. My hair has enough wave to disguise any minor imperfections, which helps I'm sure. I had my husband check and the thought it looked good. Overall I think I cut about 1/4", you can't even tell when my hair is down, which is nice.

Grow hair grow!

OrganicJewel
May 5th, 2012, 09:08 PM
I just micro trimmed my hair tonight :) Hopefully it will work its magic. It looks like this is the last extra good phase for trimming for length this year, according to MM. I'm new at this, so it'll be interesting to see if it has any effect. My DH thoroughly rolled his eyes at the idea of trimming with the moon cycles, lol.

Rennire
May 5th, 2012, 10:00 PM
I joined in too and cut off an inch. Heres hoping!

Also, that is was eerie looking moon! :alien:

Lissandria
May 5th, 2012, 10:17 PM

I was driving last night and had to stop myself from looking at the moon- it was so alluring and beautiful. It is going to be even closer to us tonight here!

:applause Thank You. I've just realised that is why my hair has grown so little - my last trim was full moon in Leo back in February - I couldn't figure out what I was doing different that was causing my hair to grow so slow.
Next trim will have to be after the next New Moon.

The full moon in February was in Leo- trimming at that time was optimal for thickness not growth. Leo is a barren sign which is the reason for the stall in growth, I experienced it myself. Trimming during the full moon itself is not responsible for a growth stall, but rather the sign. The moon right now is in Scorpio which is a fertile sign. Growth from trimming on the 5/5/12 should be increased.

ETA: I microtrimmed, my ends feel amazing now!

AMW
May 5th, 2012, 10:19 PM
I did it too ... Just a tiny little trim! Let's see what happens!

Lady Neeva
May 5th, 2012, 10:48 PM
I didn't notice that there was a thread...until now. I can't see the moon from where I live, should've waited to hack the 4" off !

PurplePenguin
May 5th, 2012, 10:56 PM
I didn't trim my hair today but I did go outside and enjoy the pretty moon for a little while...even though it was rather cloudy :(

AnqeIicDemise
May 5th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Well, today was wash day. I trimmed 1/2 inch on the 2nd and I swear it grew another full inch since then. Might be my imagination, but I'm not complaining. I was mourning the loss for a while.

Avital88
May 6th, 2012, 12:05 AM
i was thinking about it,i saw the moon on friday and it was already really big,nowlast night i fell asleep at 7pm!! so stupid,i wanted to see this moon for such a long time and was looking forward to it for a while and i just fall asleep...aarggg

Avital88
May 6th, 2012, 12:10 AM
I just micro trimmed my hair tonight :) Hopefully it will work its magic. It looks like this is the last extra good phase for trimming for length this year, according to MM. I'm new at this, so it'll be interesting to see if it has any effect. My DH thoroughly rolled his eyes at the idea of trimming with the moon cycles, lol.

Oh that sucks.. i also use the MM, i hope yours will grow faster with trimming by this moon,i did my last trim in the wrong moonphase and my hair is really growing slower than before..now that i missed this one i need another good moonphase in summer!

Viola88
May 6th, 2012, 04:18 AM
I didn't trim but I did take photos :D

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh492/Viola887/20120506supermoon65crsmmsm.jpg

Lissandria
May 6th, 2012, 05:06 AM
I didn't trim but I did take photos :D

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh492/Viola887/20120506supermoon65crsmmsm.jpg

Wow that is stunning! Thanks for sharing!

leslissocool
May 6th, 2012, 06:31 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/545017_3159658236018_1402147686_32226518_209294810 2_n.jpg

Pictures of the ritual, DH and I. I absolutely loved it! Such and amazing experience!

long&blonde
May 6th, 2012, 06:39 PM
T'm in: by accident! I just happened to visit the only salon person I trust with scissors, yesterday. Got a 3-4 inch trim, from bcl back to waist, yesterday. It looks so thick now,I'm loving it.
I never heard before to trim on a full moon for growth or thickness. What i'd actually read was trim on a new moon;so your hair grows as the moon does. With that theory;you'd trim on a full moon to maintain length/thickness;not increase. I trimmed yesterday only by chance, feeling bold enough while getting color. As I travel to see that stylist,it was then,or never. I held my breath. I seriously felt faint after. Immediately put it back in a ponytail,panicked. Got home and loved it. Am hoping my first glimpse of myself in the mirror at work goes as well.

Honeyfall
May 6th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Just curious, did anyone else feel their mood really affected by the super moon? I was sort of on edge and couldn't focus for a few days there, but it seems to have subsided now. I'm not normally aware of the moon so this one must have been pretty powerful - so fingers crossed for a ton of growth!