PDA

View Full Version : Pantene Buy One Get One Free... but...

gogirlanime
May 3rd, 2012, 10:29 AM
So in last Sunday's newspaper there was a Pantene Buy One Get One Free coupon and next week if I buy it at Rite Aid I can get two for $1.50 (awesome deal!). But, I've never used Pantene (or at least I haven't since I was little) would you recommend it? I'm trying to go cone-free sulfate-free, etc. I can compromise for a deal like this. Would you say Pantene products are generally LHC approved? Or does anyone have a list on shampoo / conditioner ingredients where it explains which ones are the "no's" and the "yes's"? Please and thank you!

amanda_the_tall
May 3rd, 2012, 10:32 AM
pantene has always dried my hair out and made it really waxy/coated. i tried nearly every line. but the beautiful lengths deep conditioning mask is AMAZING. it's in a tub container. that's pretty much the only coney product i can't give up right now :)

rock007junkie
May 3rd, 2012, 10:36 AM
Pantene is full of silicons if I'm not mistaken. If you are trying to go cone free this might not be the best thing to do

gogirlanime
May 3rd, 2012, 10:37 AM
Thank you ladies!! I think I'll only get the deep conditioning mask for when I need a thick conditioner when I use kool-aid to dye my hair. Lots of cones... sad :(

sarahbrownie
May 3rd, 2012, 10:40 AM
I tried my roommate's pantene last week and it completely dried out my hair. Their shampoos have SLS, but there are a few conditioners that are silicone free. I know Ice Shine is a cult classic for some and Aqua Light has been getting some good reviews. Try MakeUpAlley.com for more reviews for pantene.

heidi w.
May 3rd, 2012, 10:48 AM
Thank you ladies!! I think I'll only get the deep conditioning mask for when I need a thick conditioner when I use kool-aid to dye my hair. Lots of cones... sad :(

Kool-Aide as a hair dye? Good Heavens! Did you know that bleach is natural? Doesn't Kool-Aide have a boatload of sugar in it, and possibly HFCS? High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)?

I'd re-think that myself. But then again, it's been a long time since I've colored my hair. I can't find anyone like my hair guru who passed away a number of decades ago. But he taught me all about hair, and I never once heard him mention Kool-Aide as a hair dye. I suspect there's a reason for that.

heidi w.

swearnsue
May 3rd, 2012, 10:49 AM
Hey Gogirlanime check out the reviews just above these threads. I just looked at there are many reviews for Pantene products. These are reviews by LHC members, so it's pretty cool.

sarahbrownie
May 3rd, 2012, 11:46 AM
Kool-Aide as a hair dye? Good Heavens! Did you know that bleach is natural? Doesn't Kool-Aide have a boatload of sugar in it, and possibly HFCS? High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)?

I'd re-think that myself. But then again, it's been a long time since I've colored my hair. I can't find anyone like my hair guru who passed away a number of decades ago. But he taught me all about hair, and I never once heard him mention Kool-Aide as a hair dye. I suspect there's a reason for that.

heidi w.

It's a fairly recent trend and you usually use the unsweetened packet to dye, which is basically aspartame, citric acid, and food coloring. It's pretty temporary, it only lasts a few days depending on how porous the hair is, thus the popularity. It's a good alternative for people with gluten allergies and doesn't contain parabens as most vegetable dyes do.

gogirlanime
May 3rd, 2012, 11:46 AM

heidi w.

I don't use the pre-mixed kind just the plain flavor mixed into conditioner, I don't add the sugar, it's done wonders for my hair, it doesn't damage it and makes my hair super red :) Dying hair with Kool Aid (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73258)

Thank you for the Makeupalley recommendation this is great!

Topaz
May 3rd, 2012, 12:16 PM
Regarding Pantene products --- and I can only speak for myself here --- but back when I still used silicones all Pantene products dried my hair out and made me shed like crazy. And I do mean fistfuls of hair lost every time I used it. Thankfully I found LHC and found out about going silicone free. On the VERY few occasions since then when I've been tempted by a Pantene product, it STILL dries my hair out and makes me lose fistfuls of hair. Even just one use half-destroys my hair! So I have officially learned my lesson and I stay far far away from anything with a Pantene label on it

But like I said, that's just me. I know other people use it with great success.

HintOfMint
May 3rd, 2012, 12:57 PM
I have used Pantene Ice Shine conditioner and really enjoyed it. Their shampoos are really drying from what I remember, but I do CWC, so it doesn't really matter. The buildup isn't bad at all and I was coning it up!

The only reason I'm not using it now is because the silicone straightens my hair, and while that's a fun look every once in a while, I missed my wavy big hair.