PDA

View Full Version : I'm trying a new hair regimen...

MagicalMystery
May 2nd, 2012, 11:19 PM
I was doing some research today on vitamins for speeding up hair growth, and I came across this website called HairFormula37. They insist that if you take their hair vitamins twice a day, with their amino complex vitamins 6 times a day, your hair growth will increase significantly within a month. They offer a 45 day guarantee. Now I am usually not a girl who leaps on things like this, because I'm a skeptic and usually believe it's all nonsense. But I looked around the Internet, and a lot of people said it actually worked. However, I wasn't going to dish out $50 on a few jars that would last a month. What did I do? I went on a few online vitamin stores and found generic equivalents that cost a fraction of their price. Picked up an enormous jar of animo complex tablets for $25 (good for 4 months) and a hair vitamin called Maxi-hair for $8. for And so, I'm thinking I have nothing to lose in giving this a try. Anyone ever attempt this?

MagicalMystery
May 3rd, 2012, 02:27 AM
Here's an article (http://www.ehow.com/facts_4812042_amino-acids-fast-hair-growth.html) with regards to amino acids and hair growth. I'm intrigued by this because as a vegetarian, I probably don't get as much protein as required for my hair. I do eat supplements, but my diet is mostly raw veggies.

Kumiko033
May 3rd, 2012, 02:32 AM
This sounds very intresting, I'm going to take a look for this as well.

I currently only take Chlorella which has also sped up my hair-growth like crazy! but it's hard to combine since there are already so many vitamins a minerals in those things.

but definitely give it a try! I absolutely love your hair btw :D

MagicalMystery
May 3rd, 2012, 02:35 AM
Thank you!! :) That's very kind.

Chlorella eh... I'll have to look into that one. I swear, I knew I wanted to start growing my hair, but I never imagined myself turning into a chemist over it. :bigeyes::lol:

Avital88
May 3rd, 2012, 02:44 AM
when i started using flaxseed i also noticed faster growth..
I'm also a vegetarian so that provides me the Omega's i need.
What helped me most is liquid silica though,my hair grows like weeds when i take that and a lot of babyhairs pop up.
I'm gonna look the article now you've posted,im always interested in learning more :)

MagicalMystery
May 3rd, 2012, 02:53 AM
I actually just bought some silica capsules today! :)

Kumiko033
May 3rd, 2012, 02:59 AM
Oh I've been wanting to try that for ages but I'll be buying the drops, keep us up to date!

and Chlorella, I'm almost through my first month now and I've already grown an inch. It doesn't have the best smell and..it does sound like a lot of bs but it works and I haven't seen any nasty comments about it so far online.

and the chemist thing, sadly but true. It does make it very intresting though and you'll never buy something again that doesn't work for you. When you get the hang of it :)

rock007junkie
May 3rd, 2012, 06:29 AM
I tried it and while the were good I found a much cheaper alternative. Hair formula 37 it's just 2 bottles " one multivitamin and another one of aminoacids. I've been getting the same results (or better) with maxi hair (my mutivitamin for about $15) and Whey protein shakes which have a far higher content of aminoacids which contributer to hair growth.

MagicalMystery
May 3rd, 2012, 11:42 AM
I tried it and while the were good I found a much cheaper alternative. Hair formula 37 it's just 2 bottles " one multivitamin and another one of aminoacids. I've been getting the same results (or better) with maxi hair (my mutivitamin for about $15) and Whey protein shakes which have a far higher content of aminoacids which contributer to hair growth.

That's exactly what I'm doing, minus the protein shakes. I got Maxi-Hair, and I got 1000mg Amino Acid tablets. :)

jojo
May 6th, 2012, 01:09 PM
whey protein is the best thing ive ever used for hair growth and ive tried a good few; ive just got 1/2" in 5 days, i swear this stuff is brilliant!

PurplePenguin
May 6th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I currently only take Biotin for hair growth. I starting taking MSM for my joints and found out that it helps my hair as well. I want to start taking silica capsules but I have to wait to add anymore vitamins into my regime until I have finished moving.

cnd0020
May 6th, 2012, 03:06 PM
I've been taking FutureBiotics Hair, Skin, and Nails vitamins for about two weeks now. We'll see how it goes... I understand that it takes at least a month for the positive effects of vitamins to begin to be noticeable.

Honeyfall
May 6th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I tried HF37 for a while, and I liked it well enough. I had some rapid growth during that time, but was doing a lot of other things too so I don't know how much can be attributed to it.

The real benefit to the vitamins, for me at least, was that it seemed to make my hair practically bullet-proof. You know how your hair was when you were about 9? How you could expose it to the elements all day and it was still healthy as anything? That's how my hair felt with it. I also had very little shedding, but I have noticed that since I stopped the HF37 I seem to be shedding to make up for it.

It's expensive and if you can find cheaper ways to get those vitamins/amino acids/herbal supplements I would say go for it. But my experience with them on the whole was pretty good.

MagicalMystery
May 6th, 2012, 07:53 PM
I would never pay for their vitamins. I found equal vitamins for a third of the price. I'm on my 2nd day of proteins and can't wait to see what it does. I got 1/2 a cm of growth since last week, and that's without the pills!

spookyghost
May 7th, 2012, 06:30 PM
That's exactly what I'm doing, minus the protein shakes. I got Maxi-Hair, and I got 1000mg Amino Acid tablets. :)

Hi! So instead of buying the hf37 you bought maxi-hair and 1000 mg amino acids? Is that all? Oh yeah you did mention you also bought silica. So are you only taking those three? Im just so interested in whats going on here!:p

Now I already take fish oil, some hair, nail, and skin vitamin from wal-mart, calcium-d, and e-fem. Thats kinda like an anti-aging vitamin that is suppose to help metabolism, give alot of energy, and healthy hair too. I can stop the walmart hair vitamin and go with the maxi-hair instead. I can check with the pharmacist to make sure Im not over dosing on something!:D Oh where did you get the maxi-hair?