PDA

View Full Version : A ghost stole my HH horn comb! What?

Starblanket
May 2nd, 2012, 09:28 PM
:wigtongueI honestly don't know why this happened, and I'm not even sure if I believe in ghosts. My horn comb has been missing for a few days, stolen from my dresser. I've been searching like mad everywhere for it! ...And suddenly it turns up on my computer desk near some books, in a very obvious place that I've already checked. Silly ghosts!

Has something like this ever happened to your lovely hair things? I imagined that it was a long haired ghost who stole it, they probably don't have combs in the afterlife so she/he was in desperate need of one. ;)

Darkessa
May 2nd, 2012, 10:07 PM
Ive had this happen with MANY items of clothing throughout my life.
Not sure if its a ghost, or clothing gnomes... >.>

irisheyes
May 2nd, 2012, 10:28 PM
The gremlins in my house do this type of thing. Just tell them to stop, and they will!

Jing
May 3rd, 2012, 03:19 AM
Only things I forget I even have ever disappear in my house. If I have ghosts or gnomes, they're telling me I need to declutter more. :p

auburntressed
May 3rd, 2012, 03:50 AM
Not anymore. This sort of thing used to happen to me all the time, though. Pretty sure it was my family gas lighting me.

Amber_Maiden
May 3rd, 2012, 04:11 AM
Yep... But I call them Bogarts!

And I also realized that half of the time it was my SIL...

whitedove
May 3rd, 2012, 05:12 AM
We often blame the fairys. Like OP we have set places things go but somehow you goto where they should be and they have gone. Added bonus that my parents are visually challenged :P so I often have to locate items that have been moved and forgotten. Main fairy is at least 6ft tall and answers to the name of Dad :D

Hollyfire3
May 3rd, 2012, 05:52 AM
Ive had this happen with MANY items of clothing throughout my life.
Not sure if its a ghost, or clothing gnomes... >.>

Why would a gnome do that lol:), but seriously, why is the 'g" silent in gnome...it probably was them who took your comb (hey that ryhmed!)

Long_hair_bear
May 3rd, 2012, 06:37 AM
We have things disappear and reappear in our house, but not my hair stuff, just random things. The basement door locks itself, I've heard boots upstairs with no one but me home, and the hermostat likes to move. I could have sworn I saw someone once too, enough to start talking to "him", thinking it was my hubby, when he was in a different room completely playing video games. We live in a civil war house near Gettysburg and I've named our ghost "George". I don't think he wants to scare us, he just wants us to know he's there. :-)

Hosta
May 3rd, 2012, 06:55 AM
Maybe your ghost just wants beautiful hair and loves the way your comb glides through her hair. lol. We have strange thing happen too. We always blame "Beatrice". Her name is etched in a window.

Starblanket
May 3rd, 2012, 03:59 PM
I think I laughed at almost everyone comment! Hilarious, I’m glad I joined this site. If it is a “ghost” I hope they are able to bring me to a place with an abundance of hair sticks and argan oil...:pegasus:

We have things disappear and reappear in our house, but not my hair stuff, just random things. The basement door locks itself, I've heard boots upstairs with no one but me home, and the hermostat likes to move. I could have sworn I saw someone once too, enough to start talking to "him", thinking it was my hubby, when he was in a different room completely playing video games. We live in a civil war house near Gettysburg and I've named our ghost "George". I don't think he wants to scare us, he just wants us to know he's there. :-)

That’s very interesting, Long_hair_bear. I think things from the past are very prone to have a different type of feelings when you are in them. I recently bought some old roman coins for my coin collection, maybe that is where my ghostie came from? ;)

PurplePenguin
May 3rd, 2012, 04:29 PM
I had a ghost in my house, it didn't move things around per se - it knocked things across the room. No, literally it threw my speakers across my bedroom. Now I have two 'ghosts' that are covered in fur and meow - they steal everything and hide it.

spookyghost
May 3rd, 2012, 07:05 PM
I have had a few such instances happen to me. One is my ds and I were in the kitchen and he got out the hot sauce and put it on the kitchen table. I saw him. We both went into his room for something and came back into the kitchen and it wasnt there. He goes, "Where's the hot sauce? You did see me put it there didnt you?" I said, "I sure did." So we looked everywhere. I mean we even went into the bathroom and basement looking for this hot sauce. We go back into the kitchen and its back on the kitchen table!:eek: We just looked at each other almost speechless. We were the only ones home so no one was messing with us. I said we must have ghosts!

I do watch alot of paranormal stuff on tv and it does interest me. But this was not my imagination. Ds and I cant explain it!

battles
May 3rd, 2012, 07:14 PM
I lose things all the time and find them sitting in the strangest places. I lost a tangle teezer and had to buy two to replace it, and then one of the replacements went missing earlier. :doh: I always blame the goblins and ask them to return it.

Starblanket
May 4th, 2012, 10:28 AM
:doh: I always blame the goblins and ask them to return it.

We should all create an innovative plan to catch these goblin ghosts. From now and on there will be no more stolen tangle teezers!:D

Anje
May 4th, 2012, 12:09 PM
This sort of thing happens to me constantly, if by 'ghost' you mean 'cat'. It's especially annoying when they hide my eyeglasses overnight.

sugar&nutmeg
May 4th, 2012, 02:18 PM
I hate it when this happens.

Most recently, my hand-made (by my dh) cherrywood box full of Miyuki glass beads has completely disappeared. fwiw, there are no kids or others around who might have taken it. I've looked everywhere, many times over.

It's. Just. Gone.

Even St. Anthony has been unable to locate it. Not a good sign.

At this point, I'd be very happy (if creeped out) to find it somewhere completely impossible and obvious.