PDA

View Full Version : it seems so short...

izzybel
May 2nd, 2012, 08:57 PM
So, after 4 years of no cuts or trims I cut my hair last night. Well, my boyfriend did it for me. We were going to only do 2 or 3 inches, but it turned into about 10 inches, give or take. :bigeyes: I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. It just seems soooo much shorter than it really is. Perhaps I'm being over critical? On the other hand I think my hair is happier. :hmm:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/queen_izzy/beforeandafter4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/queen_izzy/IMAG0982-1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/queen_izzy/braids.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/queen_izzy/ponytail-1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/queen_izzy/ponysd.jpg

amanda_the_tall
May 2nd, 2012, 09:07 PM
the hemline looks extremely thick and healthy! it might be a pain losing that much length, but i think it looks BEAUTIFUL. :)

CurlySasha
May 2nd, 2012, 09:13 PM
It looks gorgeous! The hemline looks very thick, and your hair looks extremely healthy. Enjoy your new shiny locks! :D

Carissamarie08
May 2nd, 2012, 09:16 PM
Looks good!

holothuroidea
May 2nd, 2012, 09:20 PM
That is quite a lot shorter. Your hair looked very beautiful and healthy before with a nice hemline. Of course it looks beautiful now, too. I wouldn't call it short, though! :D

UltraBella
May 2nd, 2012, 09:33 PM
If I post a picture of my hair it will make your hair look REALLY long ;)

I got a little freaked out when I chopped mine but it's been a few weeks and I just absolutely love it, I hope you will feel the same very soon !

dwell_in_safety
May 2nd, 2012, 09:37 PM
Oh my, what a beautiful, thick hemline. It IS a lot shorter than what you had, but it is still long, AND it looks amazing! Happy growing (again)! :D

Macaroni
May 2nd, 2012, 10:19 PM
Yes, you did lose quite a few inches but it looks so much thicker. Look at your braids in the comparison pictures.

tolly
May 3rd, 2012, 12:30 AM
you lost a lot of length but that took away the long layers you had, I like the after look better. You'll be back at longer lengths soon.

MagicalMystery
May 3rd, 2012, 12:41 AM
If anyone's hair is short, it's mine. haha Yours looks beautiful! :)

oktobergoud
May 3rd, 2012, 01:50 AM
Here's another supershortie! You have no idea how long your hair now is to me! ;) But I think it looks great, very healthy and a thicker hemline :)

Louise148
May 3rd, 2012, 02:28 AM
It is far from short but I understand you have lost a lot of hair so it feels short but it seems worth it to me as it looks so thick and healthy. The longest I have ever had my hair is just BSL and mine is quite fine so I can only dream of having hair as stunning as yours. :D

jasper
May 3rd, 2012, 04:48 AM
It looks beautiful. Inspiring.

shutterpillar
May 3rd, 2012, 04:58 AM
I think it looks beautiful, and much thicker and happier than in the before picture.
your boyfriend did a good job!

bunzfan
May 3rd, 2012, 05:17 AM
I personally think you probably didn't need to take off as much as you did but, boy it looks fantastic so thick and lush :crush: you will probably find it will grow like a weed now.

Mesmerise
May 3rd, 2012, 05:34 AM
It looks lovely! Yes, it is a lot shorter, but it'll grow back if that's your goal :).

red-again
May 3rd, 2012, 06:13 AM
I like the way the main body of your hair looks smoother and fuller if that makes sense. And I have had way less off my hair in the past and felt shawn so you must be feeling naked!! Looks lovely though and it will grow again.

Amber_Maiden
May 3rd, 2012, 06:18 AM
Your hair looks gorgeous!!!

Madora
May 3rd, 2012, 06:29 AM
Your hair looks like what many strive for..healthy, beautiful and picture perfect!

Long_hair_bear
May 3rd, 2012, 06:30 AM
I think it looks nice and thicker somehow. Shame you had to lose the length though. Heck, if your hair is short, mine is super short! I'm between bsl and waist, and urs looks about to waist.

curlyhair
May 3rd, 2012, 10:17 AM
Perfect Hemline , and it will grow back soon

spidermom
May 3rd, 2012, 10:22 AM
It looks great, but why did BF cut so many inches? It didn't look like your hair needed it.

PinkyCat
May 3rd, 2012, 10:32 AM
I've got to say - your BF really did a great job on that hemline! :eek: Its perfect!

BrightEyes
May 3rd, 2012, 10:36 AM
Your hair is beautiful, I actually really like that length (of course it was beautiful before too:)). Your bf did a great job.

Vanille_
May 3rd, 2012, 10:50 AM
It looks so beautiful!

Grillz
May 3rd, 2012, 10:56 AM
It's shorter than it was, but is by no means short. It looks really great!

BeckyAH
May 3rd, 2012, 11:16 AM
I love it too, but how did you get from two to ten?

turtlelover
May 3rd, 2012, 11:23 AM
I like the new length -- it is one of my favorite lengths for hair. It looks healthy and very pretty.

spookyghost
May 4th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Your hair looks so healthy and beautiful! Love it.

HintOfMint
May 4th, 2012, 07:30 PM
It probably wasn't necessary to cut off as much as he did, but the end result is fantastic!

mrs_coffee
May 5th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Wow, it looks so thick now! That is quite a trim, but it looks great.

swearnsue
May 5th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Your hair looks great! And now you know your boyfriend's math 2=10, so next time you can ask him to trim 1/2 inch. But your hair is really beautiful.

long&blonde
May 5th, 2012, 08:07 PM
OMG, it must be this "super full moon" we're having. First, I think your new length is beautiful. I love the braids especially: so thick!
Second, with my hair at Butt crack length; today I went to the salon the only guy I ever trusted with scissors around my hair is at. For my "skunk stripe" touchup. Which somehow turned into he talked me into a good 3 inch trim! He also did long layers that he told me would bring out my curls more. I almost fainted after. But I'm home, I looked in the mirror, and so far I Love it! The thickness of my ponytail now:instead of the way long thin ponytail I had before:was panicking me. But looking in the mirror at home, I love it. It just dusts the tatoo on my waist now, dry, just barely, so I'm calling it "Almost waist" again.
So funny, I know I had No plan on getting a trim. I haven't had a trim, nor any S&D, for a good maybe 6 or more years. Till:Today.
Are you a Virgo? Lol.
Hope you end up loving yours;if you don't?
I've already told myself "just bun it for 6 months"
I was never wearing it down, ever, the ends were really ripped up. I've had it down all day allready. I might have to change my ponytail circumfirence. :)