PDA

View Full Version : honey lighting before & after photos

marobader
May 2nd, 2012, 04:05 PM
hi guys I saw andreachoice vedeo on you tube about honey lighting & I doing it for a while now I did it with andria way 4 time diluted with tap water about 6 time then diluted with dis water 2 time I use olive oil every time where is the before
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/8016/20120328183058.jpg
these was at day light with flash
& here i the after
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5769/20120502212047.jpg

spidermom
May 2nd, 2012, 04:06 PM
No before picture.

You do know that honey lightening is damaging, I hope. It's peroxide, like any other source of peroxide. There's a honey lightening damage support thread should you need it.

marobader
May 2nd, 2012, 04:10 PM
don't know what happen here is the before photo
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/8016/20120328183058.jpg
the after photo was at night with no flash

jojo
May 4th, 2012, 07:19 AM
I never got any damage whatsoever with honey lightening, the percentage of peroxide is very little, in fact the sun would cause more damage in my opinion. for those who have reported damage id put it down to either damaged hair prior to using honey or not rinsing it out properly. Just my opinion. seems too quite a few are jumping on the "honey damaged my hair" band wagon at the moment, yet for all those suggesting honey damaged their hair, there are triple of those suggesting otherwise!

marobader
May 4th, 2012, 01:41 PM
for me no damage till now thanks god not only that my hair feel softer after the treatment because of olive oil I guess

pepperminttea
May 4th, 2012, 02:16 PM
I never got any damage whatsoever with honey lightening, the percentage of peroxide is very little, in fact the sun would cause more damage in my opinion. for those who have reported damage id put it down to either damaged hair prior to using honey or not rinsing it out properly. Just my opinion. seems too quite a few are jumping on the "honey damaged my hair" band wagon at the moment, yet for all those suggesting honey damaged their hair, there are triple of those suggesting otherwise!

To be fair, you've also extensively used Colour B4 and had no damage, but others have used similar products (Colour Oops, etc.) and had real trouble afterwards (link (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=92096)). It's just peoples' hair reacting differently to different things. I'm glad you've had no damage from honey, but that doesn't mean someone who has did it wrong in some way or had prior damage.

BeckyAH
May 4th, 2012, 03:21 PM
To be fair, you've also extensively used Colour B4 and had no damage, but others have used similar products (Colour Oops, etc.) and had real trouble afterwards (link (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=92096)). It's just peoples' hair reacting differently to different things. I'm glad you've had no damage from honey, but that doesn't mean someone who has did it wrong in some way or had prior damage.

Quoted for truth.

I straight up bleach my hair white and heat style often, without damage. Doesn't mean people who have damage are lying or doing it wrong. It means my hair is Not theirs and vice versa.

...and calling people liars and incompetent, even via implication is just not on.

mzBANGBANG
May 4th, 2012, 05:28 PM
The difference is lovely and noticeable! Looks like a hershey chocolate bar, my favorite hair color!

MonaMayfair
May 5th, 2012, 04:45 AM

I suppose it's just that most of the people who feel that honey damaged their hair have kept quiet about it until recently?

I know on the honey thread, ktani specifically asked everyone who'd tried it to comment on the condition of their hair afterwards, and there were only a few people who had negative reports (and a couple of those, ktani put down to honey residue, so not a permanent effect)

I too, have been really pleased with honey's lightening effect and saw no difference in condition (actually it made it shinier) I have always used honey mixed in with henna and cassia too.

On the other hand, CO washing made my hair shed loads, and all oils (apart from a miniscule amount of Argan) make my hair disgusting! We're all so different.

I do think (especially after reading results on other forums) that more people seem to be pleased with the effect of honey on their hair (lightening or conditioning or both) than those who dislike it.

marobader
May 5th, 2012, 03:46 PM
The difference is lovely and noticeable! Looks like a hershey chocolate bar, my favorite hair color!

I always want that hair color but now I want it lighter :)