PDA

View Full Version : Hairstyle inspiration needed

Hiriel
May 2nd, 2012, 01:28 PM
Hey guys - my hair is getting long!
I feel like I'm beginning to outgrow my go-to bun a little bit. For a very long time, my hair has been in a Nautilus bun almost daily.
The Nautilus still works very well with a hairstick, but I use my flexis and ficcares much too rarely. The center blob of the Nautilus is getting a bit big, and I'm having trouble using hair toys that go across the bun without hair bulging out around them...

Can anyone recommend an updo for around TBL iii hair which holds well, and can be done with a flexi or ficcare (in other words, preferably a moderately flat bun) ? Ideally one which can be done quickly when I learn it. :)

nobeltonya
May 2nd, 2012, 03:31 PM
French slide? Not sure about with a ficcare, but a flexi should work. :)

jacqueline101
May 2nd, 2012, 04:43 PM
How about crown braids.

pepperminttea
May 2nd, 2012, 05:42 PM
I'm guessing you've already thought of this, but a braided nautilus (http://igorsbelltower.blogspot.com/2011/09/braided-nautilus-tutorial.html)? :)

Hiriel
May 3rd, 2012, 12:46 PM
pepperminttea: Yeah, I like the braided Nautilus with hairsticks, but the centre is almost as bulging. But the French slide worked surprisingly well (I've tried various variants of French twists for long hair, and always been wonderfully inept at them), I just need to practice it some more :)
Looks super elegant with a Ficcare

Anje
May 3rd, 2012, 03:01 PM
Well, the really obvious one is to grab that center section of the Nautilus with a Ficcare.

How about log rolls?

catamonica
May 3rd, 2012, 08:41 PM
Tryt a single braid & pin it up.

Hiriel
May 4th, 2012, 02:35 AM
Well, the really obvious one is to grab that center section of the Nautilus with a Ficcare.

That's what I do, but it looks really weird with anything that goes across it, like a flexi or ficcare, because the centre sticks out so much.

I never managed to get log rolls to look right, but the French slide is almost exactly the same, from the video I saw at least, and I actually managed to do it :D