PDA

View Full Version : using henna first time ever today!

Micayla47
May 2nd, 2012, 09:10 AM
i've read pages and pages of posts and articles on lhc about henna, so i hope i get it right. my hair has been bleached, dyed dark, and re-bleached, so it's pretty frazzled, as you can see in my avatar pic. i'm hoping the henna (morrocco method) will strengthen my hair and also tone down the color so i can continue to grow the natural color out. roots are about 1 inch long now. :joy:

swearnsue
May 2nd, 2012, 10:23 AM
Wait a minute! You said you want the henna to tone down your color? What is your color goal exactly? If you henna on blonde hair you will get an orange to red color which many people like but just so you know that it might not tone down a color, depending on what you mean by that. Sorry I don't know alot of color terms.

Micayla47
May 2nd, 2012, 11:28 AM
Wait a minute! You said you want the henna to tone down your color? What is your color goal exactly? If you henna on blonde hair you will get an orange to red color which many people like but just so you know that it might not tone down a color, depending on what you mean by that. Sorry I don't know alot of color terms.
i'm starting with the "marigold blond" because i think it will make a small difference in color. when my roots grow out more i will try henna and indigo to get brown.

lapushka
May 2nd, 2012, 11:37 AM

My thoughts exactly!

i'm starting with the "marigold blond" because i think it will make a small difference in color. when my roots grow out more i will try henna and indigo to get brown.

I take it the "marigold blond" is blonde henna? If you are very light blonde, as your picture shows, the difference may be significant enough for the color to pop.

Micayla47
May 2nd, 2012, 11:40 AM
My thoughts exactly!

I take it the "marigold blond" is blonde henna? If you are very light blonde, as your picture shows, the difference may be significant enough for the color to pop.
it's morrocco method "marigold" and it's henna and cassia. my avatar pic is one month old, so yes that's what it looks like. i'm actually hoping the color changes, as i'm one of those who loves to change my look. i've had it every color, but mostly i've been bleaching it since i was 12, thinking brown hair was too "normal" or "boring." since i've been on lhc, i no longer find natural hair color boring!!

Micayla47
May 2nd, 2012, 11:41 AM
i will post pics in a few hours :)

swearnsue
May 2nd, 2012, 02:17 PM
Marigold blonde sounds pretty. I mix henna and cassia and it's great for my hair! Waiting for pics...

Micayla47
May 2nd, 2012, 06:38 PM
wow, that was a lot of work! just finished and my hair feels nice and thick. the color didn't really take though. the instructions say i can do it again in 3 days to add more color, which i will. and next time i may try henna and indigo instead of henna and cassia.;)

coffinhert
May 2nd, 2012, 10:42 PM
Hey :) I used a combination of henna, cassia, and indigo to take my bleached and dyed bright copper hair back to almost the same color as my roots. It's still copper tho, it never really went brown due to the amount of henna I used. I did a lot of pure henna applications to my length in addition to henndigo too. I henna/cassia my roots now and all my hair is dark auburn. Every couple months I re-hendigo my bleached ends to re-darken them, as the indigo does fade out. I've been really pleased with using the three herbs to soften my hair and darken it after the chemicals. It took several times dying it to darken it to match the roots and it's pretty seamless. I would do like, 1/4 indigo, 3/4 henna.

Micayla47
May 2nd, 2012, 10:52 PM
Hey :) I used a combination of henna, cassia, and indigo to take my bleached and dyed bright copper hair back to almost the same color as my roots. It's still copper tho, it never really went brown due to the amount of henna I used. I did a lot of pure henna applications to my length in addition to henndigo too. I henna/cassia my roots now and all my hair is dark auburn. Every couple months I re-hendigo my bleached ends to re-darken them, as the indigo does fade out. I've been really pleased with using the three herbs to soften my hair and darken it after the chemicals. It took several times dying it to darken it to match the roots and it's pretty seamless. I would do like, 1/4 indigo, 3/4 henna.
just looked at your pics. loving the color and texture of your hair! i especially like the darker red :)