PDA

View Full Version : Pic Progress - 2 Months of No Flat Iron of Dye

AshleyP
July 27th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Like the title says, its been 2 months now since I have used a flat iron or dyed my hair. :cheese: Thats a big accomplishment because I flat ironed 3 times a week and dyed about every 6 weeks (not just root touch up, I would go for a new color every time). I actually HAVE NOT dyed my hair since the last picture, believe it or not. My hair just loves to pull red out for whatever reason. No henna, ever. No red dye, no temporary or permenant. Anyway, here's the pics...

2 months ago:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/tearsfallen/100_0466-1.jpg

Today:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/tearsfallen/100_0863.jpg

Thanks for looking. I keep getting the urge to cut all my hair off - its SSOOOO hot here, but it usually goes away in a day or two. I havent had any urge to color, not much of an urge to flat iron because I know if I do, I'll end up with crunchy ends again. My ends feel so much nicer now. Still growing out a lot of damage, but not as much as I had.

All I do now, is take a shower in the afternoon, do not even bother combing or brushing it (ever!). I let it air dry, go to sleep and usually from laying against my pillow all night my frizzies go down. I always use my fingers now to fix my hair. I roll out of bed and just go with my waves.

Gumball
July 27th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Wow. Your hair is looking great. It looks softer and even looks like it's got a bit more shine!

AshleyP
July 27th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Wow. Your hair is looking great. It looks softer and even looks like it's got a bit more shine!

Yes, it is definitely softer! :P Sometimes I can't stop touching it, lol.

psvzum
July 27th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Wow! Your hair has grown quite a bit! Beautiful color and wave : )

EvaSimone
July 27th, 2008, 09:46 PM
You really can tell a huge difference! It just looks softer and shinier.

Congrats on not heat styling, my first few months without it was pretty tough!

wavestogrow
July 27th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Your hair looks like it's a different texture now. It looks so soft, silky and shiny. I love your waves too. Great progress!

Riot Crrl
July 27th, 2008, 09:47 PM
It has grown!

I don't see why this hair would ever need either a color or a flatiron. It is such a nice rich even color and nice shiny texture. It is just wavy enough to be interesting, and doesn't look frizzy at all.

DeepRiver
July 27th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Stay strong. Here in DeepSouth Texas it is hot as heck, and I am fighting the urge to cut off my hair simply for comfort. We just went through 3 days of no electricity (Hurricane Dolly really threw us for a loop!) I'm figuring if I can make it through that and not cut it, then I can make it through anything!!

tinah
July 27th, 2008, 09:57 PM
wow! the shine difference is amazing!:thumbsup:

Cinnamon.locks
July 27th, 2008, 10:23 PM
great improvement! shine and softness, beautiful. keep going and don't cut, i know this stage is always difficult, heat of weather and humidity but just braid it or bun it and in a few weeks weather will be better, cooler and you'll be glad you did not cut.

DecafJane
July 27th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Ooh, it looks nice and shiny! Congratulations!

Kyannah
July 28th, 2008, 03:51 AM
Your hair definitely looks softer and not frizzy at all now. What treatments are you doing on your hair?

JessTheMess
July 28th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Your hair looks so good!!! It looks softer, less frizzy, more shiny and all around healthier!! Kudos!

paper
July 28th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Wow, your hair looks so much softer and shinier. Keep doing what your doing, it's working great for you.

Hatsumomo
July 28th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Your hair is looking lovely! I like the natural wave formation you've got as well:). It's amazing to see such a difference in two months, you've got no frizzys left.

I'm trying to go with no dying or heatstyling as well but couldn't go without my brush!

sexyjacksparrow
July 28th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Wow - your hair is looking great.

Kerry xx

Iylivarae
July 28th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Thanks for looking. I keep getting the urge to cut all my hair off - its SSOOOO hot here, but it usually goes away in a day or two.

First, congratulation to those two weeks of not damaging the hair, it's a great accomplishment!

You should try to put the hair up, if it is too hot for you. I don't think that hair in an updo feels different, compared to short hair. Also, it would protect your hair and you can use leave-ins without anyone noticing it.

FrannyG
July 28th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Your hair looks really beautiful, AshleyP! Don't you even think about cutting right now. It's lovely, and yes, the improvement is quite clear. :flowers:

bex487
July 28th, 2008, 08:39 AM
You have gorgeous hair! I honestly think your natural texture is prettier than stick-straight hair.

NurseMama
July 28th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Stay strong. Here in DeepSouth Texas it is hot as heck, and I am fighting the urge to cut off my hair simply for comfort. We just went through 3 days of no electricity (Hurricane Dolly really threw us for a loop!) I'm figuring if I can make it through that and not cut it, then I can make it through anything!!

I am in the DFW area which is bad, but not as humid as South Texas. I have to say that having both short hair here and hair that is long enough to bun, I am most comfortable with my long hair. With short hair there was always hair on the back of my neck. As soon as I started to sweat, my hairstyle flattened, the hairspray/ gel washed into my eyes, and I promptly looked very unattractive. With my long bunned hair, I don't have the hair on my neck, if I sweat my style still stays in place, and my hair is long enough to not need any styling products like hairspray/ gel.

Just thought that I would share!:)

To the OP your hair is lovely and shiny! You can really tell the difference in the texture and in the overall health! Great growth!

pariate
July 28th, 2008, 09:36 AM
I echo the above - it looks much softer and shinier! Well done you :)

lawyermom
July 28th, 2008, 12:03 PM
ditto - it looks great!

Islandgrrl
July 28th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I think your hair looks beautiful when left to its natural state! It seems shinier, too. Very nice progress!

AshleyP
July 28th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Wow, I didn't expect so many responses. :o LOL. Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it.

As far as keeping my hair up for the heat, I do sometimes, but I'm one of these people who always wants to show my hair off :eyebrows:. I love having my hair down. I've been thinking about buying new hair toys and finding new updos, because all I really know is a messy bun or a sock bun. Which, I dont mind the sock bun, but I'm going through an aweful lot of socks because with 4 other adults in the house - they keep throwing them away! (I keep all my stuff in the bathroom, because I would lose anything in my room LOL).

Also, since one poster asked about what treatments I do for my hair... none. I just use Suave shampoo and conditioner. Nothing else. No oils, nothing after I get out of the shower. I *do* however take $58 prescription prenatal vitamins. They have A LOT of biotin in them and a bunch of other really high amounts of vitamins & minerals, including a lot of omega3.

Again, thanks everbody for responding!

burns_erin
July 28th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Stay strong, it looks great, and not just great for someone who has exposed it to that kind of damage, I mean just great, end stop period!