PDA

View Full Version : ???Monistat ???

Indigostreams
May 2nd, 2012, 05:38 AM
Hi. I've been using the name brand Monistat directly to the scalp every day for about 2 weeks now. I have yet to see any dramatic results, but if I do, I will tell y'all. But I have a question: somewhere on here I've read that it takes the Monistat 3 days to become active on your scalp. Anyone know about this? If this is true, then that would mean that you shouldn't wash your scalp for 3 days after applying it in order for it to be effective. Whelp I hope not, because if so, than personally, my hair would get pretty smelly and greasy. Any info on this? :doh:

swearnsue
May 2nd, 2012, 04:05 PM
I don't have an answer for you but I know there are several threads about Monistat use. Good luck.

sun-kissed
May 2nd, 2012, 04:14 PM
I've never really looked into Monistat, so I can't answer your question. But here is the official thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=156) if you want to pop over there - I'm sure they'd know!

jacqueline101
May 2nd, 2012, 04:17 PM
I use monistat 7 everyday on my scalp I apply it full strength. It took me while to see results and I don't wash mine out.

sarahbrownie
May 2nd, 2012, 04:28 PM
I use Monistat, a generic version I got from Rite Aid. I've used it for a year and usually wash my hair every 2 days, and I apply Monistat right after I've washed. I get about 3/4th to 1" of growth a month (if I've been good at remembering to apply). So, I don't know if that's true. It works well for me.