PDA

View Full Version : re type my hair please

doctorvkp1
May 2nd, 2012, 05:32 AM
http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/doctorvkp1/April6-1.jpghttp://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/doctorvkp1/Apr6th.jpghelp needed pls re type my hair...... it gets much wavy after washing and from there on becomes straighter........i am confused..... if u lhcers give me the suggestions..... i would come to a solution regarding the right type of my hair....

Katze
May 2nd, 2012, 05:35 AM
Um...beautiful? :D

Wow, so thick and shiny and lovely...sigh...

OK, I would say you are a wavy, maybe 2b, maybe more? Is your hair brushed in this picture? How did you handle it after washing?

Official hairtyping pics should be of totally untouched, unstyled, air-dried hair. When I look at your hair, I wonder if it would not look even wavier under those circumstances?

Maybe someone else has some different ideas.

doctorvkp1
May 2nd, 2012, 05:38 AM
yes its brushed...

Mesmerise
May 2nd, 2012, 05:41 AM
Try and get a picture of your hair next time it's washed, but let it air dry and don't brush it at all. That will give a better idea of your hair type. I suspect that if it's not brushed it will look wavier...possibly even 2c.

afu
May 2nd, 2012, 06:03 AM
i would guess at you being in the 2b/c bracket too. would be you be willing to stop the brushing and embrace your full waves?

Phexlyn
May 2nd, 2012, 06:20 AM
Try and get a picture of your hair next time it's washed, but let it air dry and don't brush it at all. That will give a better idea of your hair type. I suspect that if it's not brushed it will look wavier...possibly even 2c.
I second this. Still, your hair should be safely in the 2 range, since you can see the brushed out waves throughout the hair. Beautiful hair! :)

newbeginning
May 2nd, 2012, 03:50 PM
I'm not good at typing but I guess 2b. It's so thick and shiny....just beautiful.

spidermom
May 2nd, 2012, 04:12 PM
I will guess that you're probably 2C, mostly wavy with a few spiral curls.
Your hair looks like mine after I brush it.

Laylah
May 2nd, 2012, 04:22 PM
Wow! We have very similar looking hair when I brush mine as it dries. All the little dents in the middle are tight waves, but just brushed out. My hair curls on the ends like yours and on the layer by the nape (which we can't see in your picture). We even have the same color and length! So I think you're probably 2c/3a if it's actually brushed/combed out while it was drying. If not, it's probably 2b.

ozzy
May 2nd, 2012, 05:09 PM
I'm thinking 2c

jojo
May 2nd, 2012, 05:44 PM
im going against the grain and saying 1c!

MissCoco
May 2nd, 2012, 06:52 PM
When I first came here, I thought I was 2b/2c. After some time, I changed it to 2c. Finally, I was able to determine that my true hair type is 2c/3a. So, while it may be different for you, I suspect that you may surprised to find that your hair has more curl than you usually see (or don't see, for that matter, hehe). Try not to brush your hair after you've washed it and maybe use a product that enhances waves/curls a bit? For now, though, I would say you're a 2b/2c, or 2c at most. Good luck! :)

MissCoco
May 2nd, 2012, 06:53 PM
Oh, and gorgeous hair you have, of course! ;)

holothuroidea
May 2nd, 2012, 07:22 PM
2b/2c

And are you sure it is medium? It's kind of hard to tell from pictures but it looks coarser to me. :twocents:

dwell_in_safety
May 2nd, 2012, 08:15 PM
Difficult to tell because it's brushed out, but solidly 2b/2c IMO.