PDA

View Full Version : Dip dyed my ends red!

Aimskylove
May 2nd, 2012, 01:57 AM
Hair update! Just like the title said, I dip dyed my ends red! I want it to be more vibrant but for now this will do. I plan on using manic panic next time I re-do it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/aimesss/398959_10150862744696449_768741448_11595369_947560 035_n.jpg

and here's an update on my puppy just because I think he deserves one too! lol He is so big. He is shy of five months and he is about 30 pounds. :) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/aimesss/380252_10150860345171449_768741448_11589017_328298 186_n.jpg

luxepiggy
May 2nd, 2012, 02:06 AM
Ahhhh dip dye!!!! LOVE! \(^(oo)^)/

I'm planning to dip-dye my ends blue - any tips & tricks to share? Did you DIY or did you go to a salon to have it done? Do tell, please! :flower:

Beckstar
May 2nd, 2012, 02:07 AM
Beautiful color and what a sweet puppy!

Aimskylove
May 2nd, 2012, 02:12 AM
Ahhhh dip dye!!!! LOVE! \(^(oo)^)/

I'm planning to dip-dye my ends blue - any tips & tricks to share? Did you DIY or did you go to a salon to have it done? Do tell, please! :flower:

I did it myself! :) I have been lightening it with vitamin c in clarifying shampoo and also used color oops. Then I bought loreal hicolor in red and did my ends! :) The lightening part was time consuming over course because it was over time but I found the loreal to be a bit damaging so next time im using MP :) Blue would be beautiful! I wanted to do it but to get the bright blue I wanted I would need to use bleach and that wasn't gonna happen lol

Beautiful color and what a sweet puppy!

Thank you! :)

MonicaJean
May 2nd, 2012, 02:55 AM
Love it! Cute doggie, too! :P

Sammich
May 2nd, 2012, 03:35 AM
You are so beautiful, and that is such a great picture of you and your puppy!

I love the idea, the red ends, so pretty! :D

Nilyenea
May 2nd, 2012, 06:03 AM
Very pretty! I love that look. Red is a good color for you. It is funny you mentioned Manic Panic, I was just looking at that yesterday. I love their red, blue and green. Green is my favorite color:cheer:

longNred
May 2nd, 2012, 06:52 AM
OMG, so weird! I had a nightmare about that last night. That I dyed the ends of my hair crayola red, and bleached bangs.... it was not good. I woke up in a panic.

however, the red ends look absolutely lovely on you!! so pretty w/ your dark hair! and btw, your puppy looks alot like my dog - adorable!

islandboo
May 2nd, 2012, 07:04 AM
It looks great!! I am planning to do that once the thicker part of my hair hits hip - I want to bleach and dye the thinner ends and wear it that way for a while before I cut them off.

Grillz
May 2nd, 2012, 08:26 AM
That looks SO good!! I love that look! ..and your dog is going to be a biiiig boy when he's full grown!

spidermom
May 2nd, 2012, 08:54 AM
Love the red ends.
And the puppy.

Phexlyn
May 2nd, 2012, 09:59 AM
Yay for dip-dyeing! ;D
I wanted to do that before I took the plunge with henna. Hope you enjoy the red tips and your cuddly puppy!

SoulOfTheSea
May 2nd, 2012, 10:45 AM
Very cute! Oh, and the puppy is SO adorable! :)

Aimskylove
May 2nd, 2012, 10:09 PM
You are so beautiful, and that is such a great picture of you and your puppy!

I love the idea, the red ends, so pretty! :D

Thank you! It tok me a while to do it because I was scared of the damage but with patience I got what I wanted :) xoxo

Very pretty! I love that look. Red is a good color for you. It is funny you mentioned Manic Panic, I was just looking at that yesterday. I love their red, blue and green. Green is my favorite color:cheer:

I was going to try MP but I heard good reviews for loreal so I tried that first. Im in between red or a fuchsia color! :)

OMG, so weird! I had a nightmare about that last night. That I dyed the ends of my hair crayola red, and bleached bangs.... it was not good. I woke up in a panic.

however, the red ends look absolutely lovely on you!! so pretty w/ your dark hair! and btw, your puppy looks alot like my dog - adorable!

Thank you! My hair was all black and was depositing red while I was lightening it so I figured I might as well go bright red! :) It has a bit of purple tint to it too! Aw your puppy must be adorable! :)

It looks great!! I am planning to do that once the thicker part of my hair hits hip - I want to bleach and dye the thinner ends and wear it that way for a while before I cut them off.

Do it! Esp if your going to end up cutting the ends. I warn you though, you might now want to cut it off lol its fun have

That looks SO good!! I love that look! ..and your dog is going to be a biiiig boy when he's full grown!

Thank you!!!! Yeah, hes going to be biiig! I though 40 pounds but he seems like he might be 50-60! :p

Aimskylove
May 2nd, 2012, 10:11 PM
Love the red ends.
And the puppy.

Thank you Spidermom!

Yay for dip-dyeing! ;D
I wanted to do that before I took the plunge with henna. Hope you enjoy the red tips and your cuddly puppy!

Thank you, I sure am! :joy:

Very cute! Oh, and the puppy is SO adorable! :)

Haha he is, thank you! :D

PurplePenguin
May 2nd, 2012, 10:22 PM
You and your hair are beautiful and your puppy is soo adorable.

ozzy
May 2nd, 2012, 10:41 PM
Lovely loveeely!

Katze
May 3rd, 2012, 12:38 AM
Love it! Looks really good. And your doggie is sweet. :)

From what I understand red is much easier to get to take than blue, since we all have more or less red pigment in our hair. I tried dip-dyeing without bleaching, dark blue, and the results were mostly invisible even though my ends were fairly light.