PDA

View Full Version : Lovely compliment.

Cinnamoon
May 1st, 2012, 11:00 PM
My school recently put out a fundraising booklet that had a picture of me and another student on the front. I was facing away from the camera, so all you could see was the back of my head. Today one of the teachers who I'm quite close to told me that her husband was looking at the booklet, and asked her "Who's the girl with the beautiful healthy hair?" :cheese:

Another teacher also told me that she recognized me because of my braid. (A single dutch braid that I wear most days).:p

Falcore
May 2nd, 2012, 12:06 AM
Awww yay for compliments!

PurplePenguin
May 2nd, 2012, 12:41 AM
Woohoo! :cheese:

embee
May 2nd, 2012, 05:51 AM
Ha! Very nice, especially coming from someone who doesn't know you and how you care for your hair. Must be looking *really good* to have it come through like that in a picture! :)

dulce
May 2nd, 2012, 09:50 AM
That is so great!!!People don't realize how much compliments can mean to someone ,maybe people would be less shy to say them if they did.As I've mentioned before I've had my share of negative comments on my hair[being silver,long and older,and a bit overweight,a quadruple whammy in our society!]Since you started this thread ,I'll mention a good experience I had at Tim horton's,yesterday.As I sipped my tea an older lady with short dyed permed hair tapped me on the shoulder to say"your hair is so pretty"[I had it in a half up]That sure helps to make up for all the negative comments I get.

SwordWomanRiona
May 2nd, 2012, 09:55 AM
That's great :D! Congrats on the amazing compliment!

swearnsue
May 2nd, 2012, 10:26 AM
That's wonderful. You could also post this on the Do Men Prefer Long Hair thread!!!

CocoBean
May 2nd, 2012, 11:00 AM
That is so great!!!People don't realize how much compliments can mean to someone ,maybe people would be less shy to say them if they did.As I've mentioned before I've had my share of negative comments on my hair[being silver,long and older,a triple whammy in our society!]Since you started this thread ,I'll mention a good experience I had at Tim horton's,yesterday.As I sipped my tea an older lady with short dyed permed hair tapped me on the shoulder to say"your hair is so pretty"[I had it in a half up]That sure helps to make up for all the negative comments I get.

OH!! I SO hear you!! Right on target with my own thoughts. Yes, being older, silver, and long can bring mixed responses from society in general, friends, co-workers and family... most people in my world are fairly accepting. But yes, compliments can REALLY make your day!! :joy:

PixxieStix
May 2nd, 2012, 11:03 AM
Being able to be recognized because of your amazing hair is quite a compliment indeed, that's so cool! :D