PDA

View Full Version : Rainy day hair

TazM
May 1st, 2012, 10:39 PM
My hair was looking great this morning, (I fan dried straight after washing, no more blow dryer and hair straighter!) but it's raining today so I got a little wet and with the moisture in the hair my hair went crazy, there's bits curling up and sticking up all over the place, so I wanted to find out any tips and tricks to combat this, especially when you get to work and when you get home, or is it just a case of wearing a braid and rewashing it again?

Emy Sue
May 1st, 2012, 10:49 PM
Some people are against products in the hair, some people are for it, and some people don't care either way. Which of these categories do you fall into?

I find that a little bit of product in my hair goes a long way, even on a rainy day. Mousse is my product of choice. It sets the wave, combats the frizzies, and allows me to embrace my natural texture without hassle. Gel works wonders, too. I water my gel down (nickle size dollop on very wet hands) so it doesn't make my hair crispy, but it is a miracle worker (especially in the snowy months.)

You should make up your own mind if products are right for you. And have fun experementing with the different choices out there until you can find one that works for you. Good luck!

newbeginning
May 2nd, 2012, 05:31 AM
My hair is a bit wavier than yours and I have the same problem with the curls and frizz so I understand your pain. I think it has even rebelled when I used gel. I mostly just accept that it will be frizzy. I might try using some oil.

afu
May 2nd, 2012, 06:06 AM
mine used to frizz terribly when i got rained on, but since i started applying a bit of conditioner (just my regular one) to my lengths and then coconut oil after washing it seems to have helped a lot. I think the coconut oil delays the effect of the rain a bit

Syrena
May 2nd, 2012, 06:37 AM
I would use a bit of coconut oil. I heard it is very good to fight frizzies.:slap:

Bedhead
May 2nd, 2012, 07:42 AM
This might not be what you're looking for, but sometimes just going with the weather instead of fighting it makes a world of difference. That is, if it's rainy / humid. plan for a wavy/curly 'do day, and don't even think about straightening your hair. A little bit of aloe can help control frizz too.

TazM
May 4th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Thanks for all the advice, I'll try some suggestions and see how I go. I guess it's just one of those annoying things in life you sometimes have to put up with so it's not the end of the world :)

summergreen
May 4th, 2012, 10:55 AM
I have the same problem. And have you noticed how no-one else around will put up their umbrella/hood until the rain gets really heavy - and yet their hair still looks fine?! Even when its obviously been straightened?!! I'm starting to think everyone else where I live is a robot.

Zindell
May 4th, 2012, 01:40 PM
And have you noticed how no-one else around will put up their umbrella/hood until the rain gets really heavy - and yet their hair still looks fine?!

I'm one of those weirdos :D

In fact my hair looks better if I get some rain in it!
So I like to take a walk in the rain and then let my hair dry without touching it, knowing it will become soft and shiny.

My co-workers think I'm crazy taking walks in the rain without an umbrella. :p

feb26
May 4th, 2012, 01:59 PM
ok, couple of things: 1st of all, i thought i had pin-straight hair til moving to vancouver...nope, i've got waves..humidity & rain brought it out.
so the frizz might be your natural curl coming out.

if its a major rainy day (90% percentage of population or POP) then i bun it up using a baby claw. at work, i let it loose. and back it up it goes when i venture it out into the rain..

if its just consistently light drizzle (like we're experincing in Vancouver, 60% POP, not enough to warrant rainboots but enough to be a pain!) put a bit of leave in condish after you shower & gel or mousse. good luck & would love to hear more rainy day hairstyles!

spidermom
May 4th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Coney products are supposed to help against results like that.

Personally, I love it when my hair gets damp in the rain and curls up. It's so pretty that way, although maybe a bit too fluffy.