PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Mistake-Best Damage Control

LaurelSpring
July 27th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I did a really stupid thing this weekend. I have been dating someone now for 2 months. He is post LHC so he has never seen me with my hair the way I use to do it (blow dry, curling iron). We were going out Saturday night and I wanted to look sexy and all so I decided to do the old thing because it does look pretty good with the layers I still have. I was thinking since I have been taking such good care of my hair a little heat couldnt be too bad. I used to blow dryer alternating low and cook and set the curling iron on low.

My hair looked nice but OMG my ends felt so bad. I was really regretting the lapse in judgement! I told myself I was never going to do that again months ago when I tried it. So now I am wondering what is the best and quickest damage control I can do. I soaked my hair in coconut and shea all day today and did an SMT tonight. It took lots of oil before my ends even felt decent again. I am wondering if my lapse has done permanent damage now and I am really kicking myself for it. Have I really set myself back in a big way?

Riot Crrl
July 27th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Nah, it can bounce back from that unless you had it on like 9 million degrees. You already did oiling and SMT, so I would suggest to kind of leave it alone for a bit. You could keep oiling the ends lightly enough that it is not something that has to be washed out, and other than that, just try to ignore it for a few days. It will settle down.

LaurelSpring
July 27th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Thanks Riot Crrl. I feel better now. I needed the reassurance. I was totally bummed about it.

Riot Crrl
July 27th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Thanks Riot Crrl. I feel better now. I needed the reassurance. I was totally bummed about it.

No problem. Just take a look at some sig pics and albums on this site. There are so many people that had blowouts and flatironing once in a while, and they still got beautiful hair.

Think of it like eating a giant plate of pie or something. It's not good to do every day, but a few times a year, you might feel gross for a while but you'll recover.

jojo
July 28th, 2008, 12:45 PM
A little of what you fancy every now and then won't hurt. I do the odd bit of heat too, hairs for enjoying.

You give it a good conditioning treatment so no harm done!

plainjanegirl
July 30th, 2008, 12:12 PM
It will be ok. Just treat it extremely nice now with some good treatments. Everything in moderation right? It's probably already recovering by now.

LaurelSpring
July 30th, 2008, 12:19 PM
It is feeling better. I have been oiling and shea buttering the heck out of it. The ends still dont feel as soft and pliable as they did before I did it but its coming around.

I feel like I hurt them! :rolleyes:

Stern reminder to myself to remember this situation.