PDA

View Full Version : Need Ideas For Special Hair Do

nastasska
July 27th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I will hopefully be going to a show on Friday night and I need some ideas for a really flash hair do that isn't too complicated but has a bit of wow factor
I'm thinking of a Half Up or Loose style mainly but feel free to suggest an all up too:cheese:

frizzinator
July 27th, 2008, 07:48 PM
What about making a bow out of your hair?

If you don't know how, I can give you the directions, but generally speaking, you make a ponytail in the middle of the back of your head, divide it in half, roll the length on each side toward the sides of your head and secure it with bobby pins. There are a couple of other minor details. I think it's an impressive updo.

Dvips
July 27th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Even a Figure-8 is impressive to those who don't know how we do it... though that might be too simple for you. ;)

Gwaihiril
July 27th, 2008, 09:13 PM
A rope bun looks really complicated but is really simple - that's the style I used for prom, a rope bun with two little accent ropes, and all my friends' mothers asked me where I got my hair done and were absolutely astounded to hear I had done it myself. The accent braids took a while, but the basic bun is really easy and quick to do.

Gumball
July 27th, 2008, 09:17 PM
For a half up you could always try an infinity bun held with some pins or a stick. It looks pretty nice as a half-up. You could also try a classic bun (one braid bunned then the other braid wrapped around it) with either regular braids or rope braids. Those look really great as a half up or full up style.

Darkhorse1
July 27th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I saw a GREAt style, but I don't know how to do it without using a lot of pins.
Take a section of hair into a pretty clip. Then, make individual pieces from that section, small ones, and twist the hair. Then, let the pieces twisted tightly, curly on their own, forming an interesting type of design, secure with a pin. I got this from a magazine article many eons ago and it looks great, but takes a LOT of time. And a lot of bobby pins. But, if you have decorative pins or clips, it could look really pretty.

anna1850
July 28th, 2008, 01:51 AM
I'm really looking forward to doing this style (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=62). Although I think I'll have to wait at least 6 months for my hair to grow.

It's simple and neat but the coronet part would be impressive to shorthairs.

nastasska
July 28th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Great suggestions:cheese: I love the idea of the bow but my hair is very slippery so I'm not sure it would stay up

Dvips
August 7th, 2008, 09:37 AM
So... what did you end up doing with your hair? And how was the show?

nastasska
August 7th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Last week turned into a :trainwreck:
Tottie got out again and in chasing and rescuing her I damaged my shoulder so I never got to the show :wail: and instead have a Physio appointment tomorrow:(

Fencai
August 7th, 2008, 10:19 AM
oh geez! well here's some good wishes to a quick healing!

:flowers:

heatherainsley
August 7th, 2008, 10:32 AM
feel better soon

podo
August 7th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Oh man! That's terrible! I hope you feel better soon.

nastasska
August 7th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Thank You so much :flowers:
You guys are why I love this place so much:cheese:

Dvips
August 7th, 2008, 02:16 PM
:doh: That stinks! I'm glad Tottie's okay though.

Heal fast, my dear N!