PDA

View Full Version : What is a good regimen for a shaved head?

natural80
April 29th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I was natural for a few months, then I texturized it. I didn't like my texturized hair, so I shaved it off. I took the clippers to my hair, but didn't use a razor to become completely bald. :o At night and during the day, I will oil it with coconut or olive oil and place a plastic conditioning cap on it. If I go out, I'll put a beanie on top of the plastic cap. I'm getting a wig to hide it. What I wanted to know, should I shampoo every day since I have a caesar or pixie cut? I have 3c hair. I just don't want to dry my hair out like I did before.

swearnsue
April 29th, 2012, 09:13 PM
I'm not sure about all the oil. With your hair so short you probably don't need it. I'm just thinking that you keep your head covered during the day it might be good to let your scalp "breathe" at night. I shaved my head too about a year ago during a hot flash. Dog clippers. Anyway, I suggest using aloe vera gel, the kind without alcohol, to put on your scalp to moisturize. You probably don't need to shampoo every day. Don't forget to drink plenty of water and take a good vitamin, these things will help your hair from the inside out. OK?

natural80
April 29th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Thanks. I have been taking a multivitamin and biotin 5000 mcg for the past couple of weeks. I also drink 8 glasses of water a day. I'll get some aloe vera gel. Thanks again.

natural80
April 30th, 2012, 07:39 AM
bumping for more suggestions.

bumblebums
April 30th, 2012, 07:50 AM
You shouldn't need to do very much with hair that length. I didn't even own a brush or a comb when I had a pixie cut...

Very short hair is also very young hair. The farther away the ends are from the scalp, the more care and fussing you need. For now, enjoy the low maintenance that very short hair affords.

natural80
April 30th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Thanks. I don't want my hair to dry out either. I have a dry scalp.

kitschy
April 30th, 2012, 08:29 AM
When my hair was buzzed, I simply washed it with body wash and toweled it off. My hair is 3B and there was no damage. I wouldn't worry about damage until it is long enough to comb or when it is 2 or three inches. I loved the simplicity of hair care then....My advice is to just enjoy it while you can.

bumblebums
April 30th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Oh, I see, you're quite curly. That does change things. I can't give advice for your hairtype from personal experience, but my understanding is that you should be able to get away with very infrequent washes. The longer your hair gets, the more you can try to stretch time between washes. I hear that very curly hair can absorb large amounts of oil or conditioner, too, so you are probably okay with what you're currently doing.

ETA: do you know this site? http://www.tightlycurly.com/technique/curlyprimer/

natural80
April 30th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Thanks ladies.:) I don't have any curls yet. I have like a buzz cut.