PDA

View Full Version : Best hair day ever.

nerdymomma
April 29th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Today we had a huge family reunion after church. I put my hair in a sock bun for the first time and it was great. I didn't have to fiddle with my hair once all day. Thanks to my new routine that I learned here, my hair wasn't frizzy either.

After most of the extended family was gone, I was left with my parents, sisters, and their SOs. I was showing my sisters how to do the sock bun (I just learned it last night, lol) and they were Oohing and Ahhing over my hair, at how long it was (BSL) and how soft and silky. They couldn't believe I'd trimmed it myself either. Out of the four sisters I've always been the smart one, it was nice to feel like the pretty one for once, and to have even my mom admiring my hair and complementing me.

I'm so happy! I love my long hair, for the first time I like it instead of tolerating it because it's easy to manage with two little kids. :cheese:

meishkamooshka
April 29th, 2012, 11:37 PM
This is so sweet! I'm so very happy for you! To many more best hair days ever!

leslissocool
April 29th, 2012, 11:53 PM
That's great! :cheese: I'm glad all the care has payed off!

nerdymomma
April 30th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Thank you! I'm still amazed at how little I knew about caring for my hair. Anyone else have that experience?

LuckyH
April 30th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Rad!! I'm at work having an average/meh hair day. It looks like we have similar hair SO tonight I'm learning this sock bun I've been hearing about.

Hollyfire3
April 30th, 2012, 09:57 AM
I understand the feeling, after months of hit or miss routines, I picked up this shampoo at CVS and it has worked for 3 whole times with nearly PEFECT hair, its amazing! For once my hair is not terrible and ugly and not curling, it has curls and volume and is oh so pretty! I'm the smart one in my family also...it can be a pain, but now my family members come to me with their hair questions! About realizing I knew so little about hair, I used to straighten nearly daily (it never stayed straight) tried to not trim, color and blow dry...and thought I could get past BSL hair at the least...right...not! Now, I don't touch the flat iron (it ruined my curl pattern for most days until I found this shamoo and conditioner!), I color very rarely and only touch up the roots, and I don't blow dry unless every few months or less for a special occasion...its crazy what I belived before...

nerdymomma
April 30th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Lucky, have fun with the sockbun. I am planning to raid DH's sock drawer for some truly giant socks so I can have a big bun. I want something the size of the Enterprise back there.

Holly - I was really hard on my hair, yanking and pulling brushes and combs through it, not thinking anything of simply breaking off a small tangled spot...sigh. I just didn't care. When I think about it, I'm shocked enough of it survived to reach BSL by happy accident. I guess most days I just neglected it enough to make up for the aggressive brushing.

Hollyfire3
April 30th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Lucky, have fun with the sockbun. I am planning to raid DH's sock drawer for some truly giant socks so I can have a big bun. I want something the size of the Enterprise back there.

Holly - I was really hard on my hair, yanking and pulling brushes and combs through it, not thinking anything of simply breaking off a small tangled spot...sigh. I just didn't care. When I think about it, I'm shocked enough of it survived to reach BSL by happy accident. I guess most days I just neglected it enough to make up for the aggressive brushing.

Yes, I was very hard on my hair also, except it was with heat and combs...I was so mean to my hair, I'm trying to be nicer now, but its hard, I quite the heat though luckily.
Holly

nerdymomma
April 30th, 2012, 08:50 PM
I keep getting very confused, because of your name. My name IRL is Holly, and I keep startling myself, thinking "how does she know my name?" :doh:

I hear giving up heat styling is really tough to do. I imagine there is a big adjustment period.

NaturalVegan
April 30th, 2012, 10:11 PM
It's so nice to feel pretty :)

I've been feeling much prettier lately too and getting compliments since caring better for my hair :)