PDA

View Full Version : LHC Magazine IRL?

Micayla47
April 29th, 2012, 07:54 PM
i've tried to search for this idea but i couldn't find it. then again, i'm a newbie and not very good at navigating this website. anyway, has anyone ever thought of turning this site into a "real life" magazine? i would totally buy a magazine that had all the articles and reviews and stories that are on here. the best part, though, would be the pictures!:writer:

Mrsbaybeegurl
April 29th, 2012, 07:56 PM
That would be so amazing. We could have a feature long haired of the month section that shares all the wisdom and journey of their growing journey. Sounds cool :)

AdaClare
April 29th, 2012, 08:05 PM
That's a great idea! Imagine how awesome that'd be. :)

amanda_the_tall
April 29th, 2012, 08:16 PM
dude. i would totally be broke buying all those magazines :D

swearnsue
April 29th, 2012, 08:21 PM
We could see advertising to George Michael salons, organic coconut oil sellers, olive..all oils, essential oils, and the Toys!!!

peacecat3
April 29th, 2012, 09:09 PM
The coolest thing about the LHC, though, is the sense of community and humility. We wouldn't be able to communicate on an equal level with the authors and editors of a magazine, or use our smilies ( :rockerdud is my personal favorite). And this forum is so searchable!!

CaityBear
April 29th, 2012, 10:52 PM
That would be so cool if there was a long hair magazine! I think it'd be fun to work for that magazine as well and help put it together every month. Talk about sharing the word. Natural products, henna/indigo, herbs, etc.

The coolest thing about the LHC, though, is the sense of community and humility. We wouldn't be able to communicate on an equal level with the authors and editors of a magazine, or use our smilies ( :rockerdud is my personal favorite). And this forum is so searchable!!

However, in reality, it wouldn't be as good as here.

And if a magazine ever did come out I'm sure tons of people would flock here to be members and then the forums wouldn't be as nice as they are now.

constructamane
May 11th, 2012, 08:14 AM
I am SURE it would sell.....I SO MANY MORE people with BSL ans beyond these days. I wonder if it has something to do with the economy.....you know, something like skirt length! OR maybe it has to do with celebs..there doesn't seem to be many with short hair these days..

Amber_Maiden
May 11th, 2012, 08:17 AM

I agree completely.

Jing
May 11th, 2012, 09:36 AM

There would be a huge thread discussing each issue, though. :p It's not like a magazine would replace the forums.

pepperminttea
May 11th, 2012, 09:45 AM

Agreed. And reviews are often very hairtype-dependent, so really it's good to have as many as possible. :)

Ligeia_13
May 11th, 2012, 11:50 AM
What on earth would they write about every month (or fortnight, or week, whatever it is) though? They'd run out of articles pretty soon.

constructamane
May 11th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Ligeia 13....have you taken a look at all of the various topics and posts on this site? There is alot of material that I could never dream existed.

Micayla47
May 11th, 2012, 05:44 PM
There would be a huge thread discussing each issue, though. :p It's not like a magazine would replace the forums.
yes, exactly

Micayla47
May 11th, 2012, 06:09 PM
in response to peacecat and amber maiden, how about a hair magazine with great pictures and articles but no connection to lhc? i've read other "hair magazines" and they are all about conventional hair care and hair styles. it would be nice to have an alternative. :happydance:

AnnaJamila
May 11th, 2012, 06:58 PM
That would be a good way to raise revenue for the site- what a fun project that would be!

SongofLove
June 8th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Haha, I was looking through the supermarket magazine section and I wondered the same thing. It would be so awesome to have a long hair magazine.