PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn indigo.. had to cut it out. :(

MagicalMystery
April 29th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Hey gang,

Last year, I used henna/indigo in my hair and I regret it. I then wanted it gone, and had the most impossible time trying to remove it. Just when I thought it was gone, my red dye turned all the old indigo to a dark blackberry color... Dreadful!! :( Nothing will penetrate the hair, so what did I do? I trimmed it off. I didn't want to, since I'd made so much progress, but I figured one last cut before my growth journey would be a good thing, since most of my hair will now be indigo-free and extremely healthy. And so, I'll be double dosing my multivitamins and using Monistat to try and get more rapid growth to compensate for it.

I'm a little bummed, but it was necessary. The bomb proof hair was annoying me. Anyone else have trouble with temporary dyes penetrating old indigo? On a good note, cutting out all the darkened indigo hair revealed my bright red!

Thankfully the cut's cute... but I'm still bummed. :( See the ends on the side? Luckily the indigo got out in the entire back of my head. It was the sides that were the huge problem.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/MagicalMysteryGirl/IMG331.jpg

Almost looks intentional... but I still don't like the purpleish color at all.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/MagicalMysteryGirl/IMG321.jpg

I need it gone. At least I only will have to torture the sides of my hair now to get rid of it. Any recommendations?

jojo
April 29th, 2012, 07:05 PM
I got rid of indigo using colour B4, if your not up for this how about trying some honey treatments to help fade it. Its a beast to get rid of for sure!

MagicalMystery
April 29th, 2012, 07:29 PM
The honey lightening never worked on me, sadly. :( No clue why. Made my hair so brittle too.

Artisticat
April 29th, 2012, 08:41 PM
I know you're not happy with it, but I think it looks kinda pretty and cool!

jojo
April 29th, 2012, 08:48 PM
did you rinse it out properly? i prefer to mix it in conditioner, comes out lovely then. Or crushed vit c pills mixed in conditioner and left on hair for a few hours has worked for some too!

MagicalMystery
April 29th, 2012, 10:28 PM
I tried the vitamin C trick too... and didn't get much of a result. I blame the fact that my hair under the indigo was pretty damaged. The indigo clung to it like mad. In a way I'm glad it's mostly gone. I'd rather have short healthy hair than length that is damaged. Besides, it'll grow back. :)

MagicalMystery
April 29th, 2012, 10:30 PM

Thanks, hun! :) Just should have never used indigo. I avoid all plant-based dyes now, because I know how fickle I am about my hair color. My hair is absolutely soft and healthy now. When it's short, the growth shows a lot quicker too!

MagicalMystery
April 30th, 2012, 02:41 AM
I scratch what I said about the vitamin C... because this time it worked!!! I dissolved an effervescent tablet in a tbsp of water, mixed in some shampoo and put it on the dark spots. At first I was worried that it was just stripping out the red because it looked like a Dexter sink! I had red dripping everywhere out of my hair! But I rinsed, and I see a HUGE difference. Luckily it was just a small amount of hair, and it will blend in with the rest, which is fairly light red. Glad I got that fixed! I'll post a photo tomorrow. :)

MonaMayfair
April 30th, 2012, 08:24 AM
MagicalMystery, you do look really good with shorter hair!

I'm trying to lighten up/ get rid of henna at the moment. I did love my henna for a couple of years, but I'm SO sick of it now! Luckily for me, I never used indigo. I thought I'd have to originally because I wanted my hair auburn, but it darkened with just henna - then it was TOO dark for me!

Jessy22284
April 30th, 2012, 08:26 AM

I agree, I was just gonna write that

Crysania
April 30th, 2012, 08:44 AM
i got a box of colourb4 for sale if you wanna try it
( im in montreal )

spidermom
April 30th, 2012, 09:18 AM
I liked it. Glad you found a solution because it's about what YOU like.

lapushka
April 30th, 2012, 11:18 AM
I liked it. Glad you found a solution because it's about what YOU like.

Totally agree! :agree:

Valfreyja
April 30th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Agree with Spidermom. Also really curious to see what the results are, I've never head of this trick before.

MagicalMystery
April 30th, 2012, 01:33 PM
I'm going to have to do a few treatments like this, because when I say stubborn indigo, I really mean stubborn. Last year, I was cutting out bleach damage, now I'm cutting out indigo... Ugh. :( Somedays I feel as though it'll never grow (due to my fickle attitude)... But again, on the bright side, my hair is healthy now and will grow healthy too. No more abuse.

Anyhow, I'll post a photo later today. It faded to an auburn now. I'll do the treatment a few more times and then when I get my pravana, it'll hopefully even everything out.

MagicalMystery
April 30th, 2012, 03:49 PM
After 2 vitamin C/shampoo treatments, I'm seeing a huge difference!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/MagicalMysteryGirl/vitaminc.jpg

I'm amazed!!! I highly recommend the effervescent, highly concentrated vitamin C tablets by the way. I dissolve one in about a tbsp of water, then add enough shampoo to make it all a gel. Apply to the areas, rub it in, and let it do it's magic!

My color is much more even now!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/MagicalMysteryGirl/IMG340.jpg

Macaroni
April 30th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Big difference, very nice!

jojo
May 28th, 2012, 07:27 AM
That looks fantastic, so happy for you!