PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever seen class/knee/floor++ hair that doesn't have fairytale/thinner ends?

millyaulait
April 29th, 2012, 05:27 AM
I haven't seen a lot of classic, knee, or floor length hair *but* what I have always seen is that the ends are usually quite thin, or fairytale.

I think it can be awfully pretty, but wondered if anyone had seen hair that long with a thick, blunt hem?

I always wanted to see something like this!

Imagine having a floor-length cape of thick, blunt hair!

It sounds amazing but is it possible? Have I missed someone on LHC who has this? :flower:

Amanah
April 29th, 2012, 05:30 AM
I have a friend who has curly knee length hair that has a very thick hemline. Her hair feels very dry and crunchy though.

florenonite
April 29th, 2012, 06:02 AM
The ends will always be somewhat thinner than at the nape due to shedding, BUT there are people here (Stagecoach comes to mind) with thick, mostly blunt ends at long lengths.

MonaMayfair
April 29th, 2012, 06:18 AM
I think I have, but I was about 12 at the time, so it might have only been TBL and I'm exaggerating the length in my memory. I'm thinking it was classic.
It was a girl with naturally light blonde hair. I remember she bent down to pick up her bag or something and her hair swung down like a silky curtain -oooh it must have made a big impression on me because I can visualize it now! The condition looked beautiful.

Dr. Girlfriend
April 29th, 2012, 06:25 AM
I saw a woman at the store Friday with dark brown classic length hair with a thick, blunt hemline. Absolutely beautiful!

Nae
April 29th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Yep, at an LHC meet there was a lovely member who had knee length hair with nice thick ends. I don't want to call her out but if she pops in I am she will tell you who she is. So yep, totally possible. I know of other members and prior members (that I haven't met personally) with hair that long without a large amount of fairytailing.

They have very good genetics and a lot of patience.

auburntressed
April 29th, 2012, 06:51 AM
I almost never see hair longer than my own in real life, but I do believe there are several members on here who meet the criteria that you specified.

The very few times that I have seen hair that is longer than mine, it has had the fairy ends. Well, either that or it was pulled back in a pony, which makes it hard to tell about the hemline when down.

There is a girl I see on the security cameras at my job who has a platinum blond, knee-length ponytail. I can tell from looking at her that at least the bottom 12 or so inches are significantly fairy-tailing.

Other than her, can't recall anyone I've seen recently (within the past few years).

ravenheather
April 29th, 2012, 07:07 AM
I've seen a few on here. I think I'm starting to prefer fairytale ends on hair longer than classic. Not too thin but tapered.

Madora
April 29th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Heidi W's beautiful locks sure fills the bill!

Othala
April 29th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Yes, I have a friend who is in her mid-twenties and she has thick, knee-length hair that is the same thickness at the ends as it is at ear-length. She is Indian and has those enviable good hair genes. She blunt cuts her hair once a year and keeps it covered under a hijab, the latter I think contributes to it's superb condition.

EdG
April 29th, 2012, 07:32 AM
I have met three LHC'ers who have thick ends on knee-length and longer hair. I have also met another three LHC'ers whose ends are tapered by knee-length.
Ed

Loreley
April 29th, 2012, 07:40 AM
There was a girl at highschool who had at least classic length hair (she always wore it in a braid, I saw it down once or twice). It was natural light blond and extremely thick - at the nape and at the ends. She had a straight across hemline. Sadly she cut her hair to a bob before finishing school. :(
Besides, there are LHC members with really long hair who have gorgeous thick ends. :)

Laylah
April 29th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Outside LHC I've seen three people at my school with long blunt hair. One was golden blonde with curls at classic, the second was medium brown and wavy at mid-thigh length, and the third was black and wavy and knee length!

My own hair is about 4'' from classic and still very blunt at the ends, so it will probably be blunt at classic too. I think the key to keeping thick ends is maintaining at that length for a while. My ends have no noticeable taper but it is because I maintained at tailbone for about a year before growing out further.

honeydippedxo
April 29th, 2012, 09:08 AM
I've seen a woman with a blunt thick hemline at ankel length. She had perfectly straight, super shiney jet black hair. Amazing!

spidermom
April 29th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Other than a few LHC members, nope.

Avital88
April 29th, 2012, 09:21 AM
i went to an arabic market today and i've seen a few classics with blunt thick hemlines,braids thicker than my wrist and one curly(3c) knee length.
They were all pretty amazing,ive never seen so much healthy long hairs with thick hemlines in my life on one day.
So i think it is really possible as long as you regulary trim.

Fantak
April 29th, 2012, 09:23 AM
A friend of mine was at ankle length and cut back to classic and so now has very very thick ends (as thick as at the nape of her neck).

Unicorn
April 29th, 2012, 09:26 AM
A girl I new at school used to have her hair trimmed every year or two. Her "trim" consisted of taking away about 12" of hair. The longest I recall her hair being, was just a tad longer than knee. There was no desernable taper (or damage or splits or frizz etc) even at that length.

At school she wore it in a single braid, with a thick blunt tassle. When she was older she kept it loose with just a headband to kepp it off her face. She had this amazing thick curtain of hair draped down her back. Stiil damage and taper free for the entire length.

Unicorn.

MissTulip
April 29th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Yep, I saw this on a woman at a fitness competition. Her hair was up in sticks at first, then she took it down as part of her dance routine and my jaw dropped...very thick, gorgeous, surfer blond, knee length and blunt at the ends...amazing :)

skyblue
April 29th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I haven't seen a lot of classic, knee, or floor length hair *but* what I have always seen is that the ends are usually quite thin, or fairytale.

I think it can be awfully pretty, but wondered if anyone had seen hair that long with a thick, blunt hem?

I always wanted to see something like this!

Imagine having a floor-length cape of thick, blunt hair!

It sounds amazing but is it possible? Have I missed someone on LHC who has this? :flower:

Oh I have! I was at work, the most gorgeous straight, thick hair, all the way down to her calves! It was very healthy and shiny! My mouth about hit the floor!!

Sagi1982
April 29th, 2012, 11:03 AM
A dear freind of mine has thick kneelength hair. Her tips look very healthy to me.

MonicaJean
April 29th, 2012, 11:18 AM
I grew up in an area where there were a lot of native americans and also and some of the older women had hair like that. So yes, I have seen it. :) Their hair is a.m.a.z.i.n.g. !! Thickest braids I've ever seen.

lapushka
April 29th, 2012, 12:24 PM
I've seen quite a few beautiful knee and ankle lengths on here with nice blunt hemlines and with beautiful fairytale lengths as well. Outside of LHC? Nope.

gossamer
April 29th, 2012, 12:39 PM
I'm about 3-4" past knee at this point. I don't have fairy tale ends because I trim my hair every few months to maintain a blunt line across, but I do have thinning. If I were to cut back to classic, however, I'd have perfectly thick ends.

I took terrible care of myself and my hair when what are now my ends were probably my roots/somewhere in the middle (age 17-20ish). It's no surprise that they're thinner - it's actually a surprise to me that they're around at all.

The photo below was taken in September of last year (2011)
http://xac.xanga.com/bfde023374430281808031/s221979170.jpg

I have since trimmed off about 4", so the ends are now thicker, but the taper remains. Thickness is slowly working its way down as I continue to be gentle and careful with my hair.

You can look at my length shots to see that my ends are bluntly cut across at the hemline.

MissManda
April 29th, 2012, 12:48 PM
In addition to the knee-length+ members on here, I once saw a teenage girl with thick ends that went down to her calves. Her hair looked quite coarse and resilient in texture and was dark and wurly/curly. Very lovely. :)

Madora
April 29th, 2012, 12:55 PM
@millyaulait...

You might be interested in the incredible long hair photos at Rapunzel's Delight:
http://www.rapunzelsdelight.com/new-stan/stan-shuttleworth-2.html

Especially noteworthy is the gorgeous hair of Mary Tucker of California.

Shepherdess
April 29th, 2012, 01:06 PM
I have seen quite a few people with long hair online with thick healthy looking blunt tips. I also saw a lady once at a store with ankle length healthy blunt tips.

I have always tried keeping my hair healthy at the tips and giving it regular trims, so up until classic it was blunt. Now I'm not as sure if it is or not, most of my bangs are almost grown out with the rest of my hair, so it now looks kind of fairy tale-ish because of my bangs being a different length than the rest.

Mommyof4
April 29th, 2012, 01:35 PM
There is a lady that worked with my mom 25 years ago in our local J.C. Penney's.. 25 years ago, she had Classic length with a very thick hemline (it showed no thinning in comparison to the thickness at the top of her head) and still, to this day, she has Classic length hair, with a thick hemline. She is around 50 years of age, like my mom. She has naturally dark blonde hair and doesn't dye it or use heat. She has a very straight hemline, her hair is beautiful!

ratgirldjh
April 29th, 2012, 01:47 PM
I used to have a friend with very thick past tailbone hair with a blunt hem. To me since the color was a 'wheat' color it reminded me of a broom! Her hair was very straight and stiff and felt like horse hair. But indeed it was stunning as long as you didn't expect it to be soft and pliable.

I have another friend with the same length of hair and her hair is fine and wavy. She definitely has fairy tale ends and the last inch of her hair needs to be trimmed occasionally or she ends up with just a few long hairs and it looks weird.

I much prefer the fairy tale end look even though my friend with the thick blunt cut hair had beautiful braids that were thicker than my wrist!

RitaPG
April 29th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Cinnamon Hair (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=62), arc691 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=33884), jjj longhair and Marianne (can be found on youtube) all have amazing knee+ length hair that barely tapers and have nice blunt ends. There are others here on LHC with awesome hair but I can't remember them right now.