PDA

View Full Version : Ficcare/Ficarrissimo question

WaitingSoLong
April 28th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I have ONE Ficcare, a large Maxima. I am looking into a second Ficcare and am having trouble deciding what to buy next. I am intersted in the Ficcarissimo style but they never show a side shot of those, so I can see the gap/speace for the hair. I even tried googling it and while I found some almost side shots, I have yet to see one.

All I want to know is if the large Ficcarissimo will hold the same amount of hair as the Maxima

pepperminttea
April 28th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Short answer; no. It holds slightly less. Good for folded braids, fig 8s, and flatter styles for me, but not big bulbous buns like the Maximas. If the Reviews section decides to work, here's a side view photo (http://reviews.longhaircommunity.com/showfull.php?product=617&bigimage=ficcarissimo3.jpg).

WaitingSoLong
April 28th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the picture! And the info. Hmm...what to do...

Chromis
April 28th, 2012, 08:49 PM
They have a bit smaller gap, but on me they hold exactly the same styles as the Maximas. Granted, I don't use either style for buns, so it depends what you are after. The Ficcarissimo shape actually holds even better for log rolls on me since it is more symmetrical.

Lexy
April 29th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I agree with Chromis. When I want a guaranteed rock-solid hold I use my Ficarissimo. It seems to be more balanced than the Maximas.

WaitingSoLong
April 29th, 2012, 12:09 PM
The Ficcarissimo shape actually holds even better for log rolls on me since it is more symmetrical.

This is why I was wanting a Ficcarissimo. Symmetry. I mainly hold infinity buns and gibralters with my Ficcare. Sometimes a nautilus but that is generally too large for the clip. I dislike folded braids.

It is the color that is holding me up. What I want does not exist LOL. I like the primavera design.

Anje
April 30th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Fully closed, they hold slightly less volume. When my hair was more tapered, I could comfortably wear a large Ficcarissimo but found that the Maximas clip was too large (after some extended length-maintaining, both are now completely comfortable and have been for a few years). However, they open up a lot, so I think most people with ii hair won't ever find a point where a Maximas holds their hair but a Ficcarissimo does not.

I also tend to prefer the shape, both for the balance of it and because the bottom jaw is narrower. It displaces less hair when inserted like a stick than the jaw of a Maximas does, which makes it considerably more comfortable for me.

WaitingSoLong
April 30th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I wondered if the bottom jaw was the same! I noticed the ficcarissimos have two sets of teeth instead of one like the maximas.

At any rate, my husband thinks the ficcarissimos are ugly. LOL. :( So I am not going to get one at this time.