PDA

View Full Version : Find your hair twin.

misspurdy06
April 28th, 2012, 12:27 PM
I don't know if there is already a thread about this because I searched a few times and was unsuccessful. So I am starting this one.

My idea is basically to list hair attributes and short descriptions of hair care routine.

I do realize that if this thread gets long; it will become tedious to comb through (pun intended) but maybe along the way people will recommend two who are alike.

And those matched can proceed to share and grow.

So here goes....

Mine is coarse, iii, wavy/curly, Medium Blonde (naturally dark blonde)

I use sun-in to lighten and water only wash.

I get on average an inch of growth a month.

Good luck to all.

Okay, your turn......

Kelikea
April 28th, 2012, 12:36 PM
My hair is fine-to-medium, but mostly fine, around 4 in pony circumference, so ii/iii and wavy. Not sure what color it is so here's a pic:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8987&pictureid=128873
It grows really slowly, like only 2.5 inches this year.
Sometimes I shampoo(no sls) but I've tried bs/acv, V05 strawberries and cream, suave everlasting sunshine, Nature's Gate Organics, and Desert Essences Organics. My hair doesn't mind protein, it is pretty easy actually. It looks the same pretty much no matter what I do! I do not heat style, though, that fries it. My curl comes and goes with the weather:)

PixieKitten
April 28th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Ooooh!! I'd love to have a hair twin! I don't know anyone in real life who has hair like me and it's so annoying!!

Mine's medium-dark brown, 2b, medium ii wavy and... kerfloofy.
I CWC every 5 days or so, And I'm trying to embrace my natural colour after years of dying! I also get about an inch a month!

Hollyfire3
April 28th, 2012, 12:40 PM
My hair is iii with a 4.25 circumfrence, it is M/C (but not super coarse or coarse feeling, just thickish strands) it is wurly/curly but lately has been very straight because of an inbalance of protein and moisture, I'm working on it though. Without the old heat damage and imbalances it is quite curly with lots of volume. I typed my hair 2b/2c but it has potenial to be a bit curlier when I fix all of this. My hair hates protein and it just goes straighter with it, it loves most moisture treatments but is overall finicky. If it helps, my ultimate goal is HL and I would LOVE to Holly Marie Combs's full, thick, wavyish shiny healthy hair....sadly, I have mine to work with, but some day...it will be like hers!:D

Clem_Dela
April 28th, 2012, 01:05 PM
My hair is medium-course, ii, and wavy. My natural is medium-dark brown but is now more auburnish thanks to Henna :)

I use henna for dying and alternate CWC/CO day by day. I'm cone free but not sulfate free :(

I get roughly 1/2 inch of growth per month and my ponytail is, last i measured, 5" but i think it may have decreased.

and here's a pic in case my typing is off!

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m35bqqTQAI1rrkdauo1_500.jpg

henné
April 28th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Hello!

I'd LOVE a hair twin as I just started on my journey to stronger, thicker and healthier hair and talking to my twin would definitely help me out in figuring things out :o

My hair is as average as average gets :D For folks of European descent anyway :D

My hair is somewhere around 1c/2a depending on how I wash my hair and what I use in it, but definitely straighter after coloring it with henna. Originally dark blonde/light brown.

I have mixed strands. Some around my temples are fine, most of my hair is medium, but my 'undergrowth' is coarser. Does that make sense?

Thickness is 3.5 inches, but it used to be around 4 inches before pregnancy/breastfeeding, so I'm hoping to get the thickness back.

I've been using auyrvedic powders and CWC (diluted shampoo) and they both work. Shikakai makes my scalp feel like a million bucks, but as much as I'd love to get 100% natural, I love me some good ol' conditioner (only on the length of my hair and ends). :o

brave
April 28th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Hello hair twins above me!
My hair is ii/iii thickness (ponytail measured in at 4 inches exactly, but I have bangs and etc), I'm somewhere in the 2c/2b range, and it's recently been determined my hair is probably coarse :)

I currently wash with CV's Cafe Moreno bar, follow it up with an ACV rinse, and right now I'm trying out nightblooming's panacea which I think I will buy tons of.

FluffSpider
April 28th, 2012, 02:51 PM
I want a hair twin too! Perhaps if we see some hair twin, we can message them?
I have 2.5 inches in circumf(7.5 cm), my hair is very fine and malleable(holds and loses shape easily). Naturally, it's almost poker straight-1a/1b. It's now brushing hip(I'll have to see with the cut) with layers just below BSL and bangs.
Routine-wise: heavily hennaed(henna with sodium picramate-can't get any other kind)+some indigo. I wash it once every 5 to 7 days, with baby shampoo(cien baby shampoo, from lidl. Cocamidopropyl betaine is the main surfactant) and cone-y conditioner. For some reason my hair likes HE hello hydration. Can't really figure out why. Otherwise, my hair loves argan oil, and hates hairspray and glycerin.
Anyone want to betwin me?^^ ( it's like befriend but with twins. :d)

solitudinarian
April 28th, 2012, 03:08 PM
My hair feels like dry hay, except wavy. it pretty much looks like dry hay aswell, hahaha. and it hates humidity. so if you've got hay and not hair, then we're hair-twins i guess! :'D

BlondieHepburn
April 28th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I love the idea of finding a hair twin! But since this thread could indeed become very difficult to, as you said, "comb through" (hehe), there is also the option of using the advanced search of the members list. You can search by length, thickness, type, texture, and hair care routine. It's pretty nifty. :p

Here is a shortcut link. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/memberlist.php?do=search)

herdaughter77
April 28th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I'd love to have a hair twin with whom I can swap experiences and ideas! :)
My hair is fine (iii) and very thick (~5.25 inches). The only time it's not straight as an arrow is after it's braided and also after a shower, before it's put up. The color is a light brown to blonde with brighter blonde highlights in the summer. (although, it's gotten a golden/reddish hew since using cider vinegar)

EDIT: My hair is fine (F) and very thick (iii) --circumference= ~5.25". :D

nobeltonya
April 28th, 2012, 03:54 PM
My hair seems to be relatively coarse.. I also recently noticed just how much.. most of my hairs are pretty thick, while there are still some thinner/regular hairs [thus the M/C classification]. :) My hair waves, mainly on the ends, and holds braid waves pretty well [I braid wet]. The color is chestnut: darker brown with natural red highlights [and a few blondes]. My pony circumference, the last time I measured [assuming I did it right], was around 3.5", so at the upper end of ii. I shampoo [currently Nyle Herbal w/apricot, amla and shikakai], condition [Aussie Miraculously Smooth.. getting ready to try HE long term relationship] and apply leave-in [GF Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth] daily. Comb wet, after washing. Currently, I'm oiling every other night [mix of pure and enriched CO or EVOO and enriched CO], since it's warmer.. No heat or other products used.. I also prefer to wear my hair down most of the time, unless it gets in the way too much [I definitely try to work around with it down first]. :cheese:

arcane
April 28th, 2012, 04:14 PM
My hair is medium/coarse with depending on the part of my hair it can go either way, though my underlayer seems to be the coarsest part. I have 2a hair, though depending on the position of mercury to my rising sun sign it can be 2b/2c in places. It's naturally a dark ash blonde but it's currently dyed half pink/half purple, and right now I'm toying with growing out my natural colour. I've been going through a massive shed and last measured my hair circumfrance at 3.75" not including the shortest layer and bangs, and was above 4" before the shed, and can't wait to get it back (once I get it to stop falling out that is). I grow about 0.5"-1" a month, it varies.

Currently I alternate with CO and CWC, and don't care if a product has cones or sls. I just started oiling again, and my hair likes coconut, olive, and argan oil. I also take boitin and MSM daily.

Fairlight63
April 28th, 2012, 06:52 PM
My hair is 2a - 2.5 thickness- thin & fine - it is frizzy sometimes but it is much better after putting olive oil on it & it tangles very easy & is hard to comb & the oil helps that also! The length is tb or 39". I used to color it but have quit dying it - so it is white now. I wear it in a single braid or a braided bun or other kinds of buns. I don't use any heat app. on it.
I wash it 1-2 times a week - no special shampoo or cond. I sleep with a silk cap on every night or with it in a braid & sleep on a silk pillowcase.

Hollyfire3
April 28th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Hello hair twins above me!
My hair is ii/iii thickness (ponytail measured in at 4 inches exactly, but I have bangs and etc), I'm somewhere in the 2c/2b range, and it's recently been determined my hair is probably coarse :)

I currently wash with CV's Cafe Moreno bar, follow it up with an ACV rinse, and right now I'm trying out nightblooming's panacea which I think I will buy tons of.

I have a hair twin! yay! How is the shampoo bar going? I have wanted to try them but haven't yet.

brave
April 28th, 2012, 07:38 PM
I love the feel and the smell and the whole idea, but my hair is getting greasy fairly fast on them. I think the ACV needs adjusting, and the need for ACV makes me kind of sad since shampoo bars aren't very travel friendly in that case. Don't get me wrong, I seriously love using them and I don't need conditioner which makes me feel super happy, but the ACV is kind of a drag.

Seeshami
April 28th, 2012, 07:50 PM
The naughty mess hates everything :p
He is the root of all evil and his lifes work is devoted to sleep braid strangulation.
He particularly despises skipping washes and every product I have in my stash.

In truth I have no idea what makes the mess happy. It use to be braids and cwc, some oil and air drying, now he's a different mess and when I figure him out he'll have changed again. So if your hair has multiple personalities with behavioral disorders you could be my hair twin.

Amber_Maiden
April 28th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Mine is very thick- 6in circumference. iii. medium/coarse.
I have auburn red hair. To accentuate it I use henna.
Hip length. I have to use hairsticks that are over 7in long, always two of them, and when I use Ficcares I have to use two large ones.
I love oil to weigh my hair down and make it manageable- Triple Moon, coconut oil, neem oil, and avocado oil are favourites.

MissManda
April 28th, 2012, 08:33 PM
My hair is fine in texture with some baby-fine and some fine-medium strands mixed in. It's fairly thick, too, at about 4.5" circumference. It is straight-ish with some bends that look like they want to turn into waves, but they tend to disappear as soon as a comb or brush touches my hair. Provided it can dry completely, it holds bun or braid waves pretty well. A few days after washing, it can be quite fluffy or even frizzy (esp. in summer) and dislikes being put into updos, but after that it is very smooth, shiny, and more cooperative. It is blunt cut in a shallow U-shape and almost 29" long, which is past Waist and to my elbows. I generally get about an inch of growth per month. My natural color is a medium brown with red and gold tones that I turn into dark auburn with henna.

I keep my hair happy by mostly focusing on moisturizing it, but not too much or else it will look gross. Using gentle cleansing methods such as CO and shampoo bars have really improved the condition and thickness of my hair and I don't really want to go back to "normal" shampoo. I like to use Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, Desert Essence Coconut, and the (no-cone :rant: ) GFTN conditioners. I do a deep conditioning treatment once or twice a month and regularly use Nightblooming Winter Panacea on the length and ends. I prefer to detangle with my fingers or my Tangle Teezer.

I have found that I do not need to do regular (micro) trims on my hair now that the damage and layers are gone, but I do prefer to dust the ends every month or two because of how fast my hair grows and how quickly the ends will start to look spindly.

I wear my hair up whenever I leave the house, especially if the weather is rainy and/or windy. I wear it down when I am at home or if I am in the mood to wear it down outside. My hair really likes to slide everywhere and get in my face, so I usually have it held back with two small locks of hair at the front in a kinda-sorta half-up. I love braids or to keep it up with Spin Pins.

Hollyfire3
April 28th, 2012, 08:38 PM
I love the feel and the smell and the whole idea, but my hair is getting greasy fairly fast on them. I think the ACV needs adjusting, and the need for ACV makes me kind of sad since shampoo bars aren't very travel friendly in that case. Don't get me wrong, I seriously love using them and I don't need conditioner which makes me feel super happy, but the ACV is kind of a drag.

Maybe I could use shampoo bars with sucess? My hair hates ACV so maybe try not using it? I know diluted lemon juice can have the same effect or maybe a bit of oil or conditioner (I know you don't want to use it but it might work better)? ACV makes my hair straight and too "soft" its weird and the only thing that does this is the ACV, it just can't hold shape and is kinda mushy, it doesn't add slip, just this weird feeling, so I stay away from it. I'm sorry its not working for you also, do they make conditioner bars? :)
I wonder why your hair gets greasier faster with shampoo bars...intresting.

HuggyBear
April 28th, 2012, 08:40 PM
My hair is 1a (stick straight & won't hold a curl for more than a minute), F/M, ii (3 inches at most but tapers quite a bit). I am a little past hip less than an inch from the start of BCL. My hair color ranges from dark blonde at roots to medium blonde at the ends. Currently, my routine is alternately between S/C and CO. I had been no cones for a long time but recently discovered Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle moist deeeeep conditioner and fell in love. :)

Dragon Faery
April 28th, 2012, 08:53 PM
My hair is multiracial and probably bipolar.
At the crown it's 3a and mostly coarse. Some black hairs, lots of dark brown. Some wiry, some just thick.
At the nape it's somewhere between 1c and 2a. Medium to fine might brown hairs, almost a reddish gold. It makes a noticeable streak in my hair if I put it up just right.
All the in-betweens are ... in between. It's mostly medium, and mostly 2b/2c. Color ranges from ginger and golden brown to mostly medium-dark brown with a few nearly black hairs.
I haven't measured my thickness, but I'm guessing it's in the ii range and possibly almost a iii.

Getting a few whites and silvers here and there, including a slowly growing streak directly on top.

It takes suggestions fairly well, though not perfectly. Always a little frizz on top, never completely straight or curly, but never solidly wavy. When curly I can't wear it up in any way without losing the curl. When it's wavy to straight-ish I can do just about anything to it and it will at least try to cooperate.

CO washing (the 2-step, cone- and sulfate-free version) makes it very soft and shiny. It likes AVG as a leave-in but doesn't respond well to ACV. It can't make up its mind about oils. Usually the more expensive ones work better, but not always. It definitely likes castor oil scalp massages. The ends like Shea Butter. It breaks cheap hairsticks when heavily oiled.

A bit of a dry, flaky scalp which is helped by CO washing and oiling.

It probably speaks Latin and Greek, with maybe a bit of Welsh and Spanish thrown in. It can fake Hebrew pretty well.

Uh, yeah. Not holding my breath, but I'd love even a partial twin!

brave
April 28th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Maybe I could use shampoo bars with sucess? My hair hates ACV so maybe try not using it? I know diluted lemon juice can have the same effect or maybe a bit of oil or conditioner (I know you don't want to use it but it might work better)? ACV makes my hair straight and too "soft" its weird and the only thing that does this is the ACV, it just can't hold shape and is kinda mushy, it doesn't add slip, just this weird feeling, so I stay away from it. I'm sorry its not working for you also, do they make conditioner bars? :)
I wonder why your hair gets greasier faster with shampoo bars...intresting.

You should definitely try them. I've never enjoyed shampoo before. I can do them without ACV, it leaves the hair a bit more rough feeling which isn't always unpleasant. I tried with the ACV because my scalp was bothering me. Shampoo bars make your hair feel very thick and heavy right after you rinse it out, and the hairs kind of cling together, so it's hard to detangle in the shower. ACV made the tangles and stickiness fall out in the shower which was nice, and made it more manageable while it was wet. However, I think shampoo bar hair feels nice when it dries. I don't need conditioner with it if I pick a moisturizing one, and the two conditioner bars I have tried were far too waxy for me.

I tried lemon juice (from the little lemon bottle, so maybe that was the problem) and it didn't do much. Using AOHR definitely worked to help detangle after, even though that conditioner doesn't have much slip, so I may switch back to that. I may also try white vinegar.

I don't think I hate ACV. I'm planning to try diluting it in a spray bottle and using that instead.

I can think of a few things that may be making it greasier: I stopped using a straightener on my bangs, and they show grease first. I also have generally been using oil right after I wash and not always being careful to keep it only on the length. Also, the bar I'm using is fairly conditioning.

What are you currently doing hair-wise?

battles
April 28th, 2012, 09:13 PM
My hair is a mix of fine and medium, mostly medium with fine hairs at the nape, temples and at my ears. I'm an ii, 3" circumference. 2a/2b. If I comb my hair when wet, my hair is basically straight. If I leave it to dry naturally, it stays somewhat wavy. My hair is hennaed, but growing out. I'm naturally a very ashy light brown.

It doesn't like much of anything, really. The best luck I've had is with diluted sulfates and amodimethicone alternated with cone free stuff. :D I've finally been able to stretch washes to sometimes two days using them, and my hair is normally soft and happy. I should also mention that my hair despises protein, and will throw a fit if I use anything that contains the slightest amount.

Dragon Faery
April 28th, 2012, 09:22 PM
I love the idea of finding a hair twin! But since this thread could indeed become very difficult to, as you said, "comb through" (hehe), there is also the option of using the advanced search of the members list. You can search by length, thickness, type, texture, and hair care routine. It's pretty nifty. :p

Here is a shortcut link. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/memberlist.php?do=search)

Interestingly, if I use the search to find a hair "twin", the only result I get is myself. I searched for females with 2b/2c, M, ii/iii hair who CO wash. I can't really be the only one, can I?

evieisocoolike
April 28th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Hi, Dragon Faery :D Seems we're hair twins! The only exception being my hair isn't multiracial C:

Dragon Faery
April 29th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Hi, Dragon Faery :D Seems we're hair twins! The only exception being my hair isn't multiracial C:

Yay! A twin! That's twin enough for me! :) :cheese:

ladylowtide
April 29th, 2012, 02:02 AM
My hair is 1b, on the thinner side of ii about 2.8 inches. It is mostly M but with fine hairs round my hair line, well into my nape and on the side. It is naturally a cool medium brown that gets bleached in the sun, but it is currently hennaed.

Othala
April 29th, 2012, 08:13 AM
My hair is a lie.

I have the hair of an old witch that is masquerading as the hair of a young woman.

I am Baba Yaga with coarse, wiry waves that are gray (estimate: black 40% and white 60%) but I have disguised my hair with Henna and Indigo so that it is black....but this cannot continue......

Who else is here like me?

CarpeDM
April 29th, 2012, 09:17 AM
I would love to find a hair twin with the same problems I have! I have straight fine hair AND I have thick wiry curly hair. My ponytail circ is about 3 inches, sometimes 3.5 inches depending on which shampoo I use, cassia and what shedding period I am in during the year. The fine hair just lays there and the wiry hairs stick straight out like a mad scientist that can't be tamed. Both textures do not work well together, the wiry hairs tangle with the fine hairs so I have a horrible time with tangles, so much that I really can't wear it down. The only thing that works for me is a flat iron :) PLEASE hair twin if you are out there, help me!!

Libbylou
April 29th, 2012, 09:33 AM
I want a hair twin. My hair is about 18" in length. Growing out layers. Mostly straight. Pony is about 2.5", but I have bangs. Use henna/buxus mix for grey that are wiry. Shampoo daily on work days with non sls shampoo. Hardy ever use condish as I have slippery hair. Does not hold curl. Even after Caruso's left in for 45 minutes the curls disappear in a couple hours.

freckles
April 29th, 2012, 09:46 AM
I would love to find any hair twins that are out there for me :)

I have very fine, delicate, splitty hair. Emphasis on splitty. If you can find 100+ splits on the ends of your hair without trying very hard, even though you treat your hair as gently as you can bring yourself to, and some of them have 4, 5, 6+ splits on the same hair, and some of them look like feathers, you might be my hair twin :p It is fine enough that it doesn't have the weight/rigidity to stay behind my back nicely like other people's long hair does, it floats and falls and slips and gets in my face and on my front and in my mouth ... if there's a breeze it goes everywhere and tangles.

My circumference is right around three inches, a smidge less. I've typed myself at 1b, but I'm not totally sure. My hair is very straight naturally, but it always has braidwaves. Sometimes it J-flicks at the end. I have very few photos of my un-braid-bun-waved texture, but here are a couple: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4804&pictureid=130882
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4804&pictureid=77886

My hair is mostly brown but is a lot redder in sunlight, or when it's dryer or damaged -- the ends are a little lighter/redder than the well-treated roots.

My routine varies. I'm 'cone free, my hair with cones feels like plastic. I'm mostly sulphate free, though I clarify with sulphates fairly regularly, once a month or so. Apart from that, I don't have a fixed routine. CWC, S&C, or CO, whatever. Sometimes oils, sometimes not. I still occasionally blowdry my hair, but no other heat tools.

barely.there
April 29th, 2012, 09:48 AM
My hair is about 2" pony diameter APL. :( I hope that since caring for my hair better, it will grow in thicker. It's only been a month and my hair does look thicker...however it could be pregnancy hormones too! (not looking forward to potential postpartum shed)

1c/2a. its always curly at a different spot. Generally looks better straight than curly, but I found a good medium spot where I blow dry with a large round BBB - body is straight, ends have large curls. Very classy.

I microtrim and S&D. Not much split ends.

Currently playing with henndigo glossing.

Venefica
April 29th, 2012, 09:59 AM
My hair is thick, ca 4 inches around the ponytail, it is pin straight and medium coarse. I dye my hair black but it's natural color is golden blond. I have a all my hair the same length in a blunt hemline save short, blunt bangs, the archetypal Egyptian kind. My hair is a few inches below classic and I am going for mid thigh or perhaps even knee if I am lucky. My hair is strong and can take allot of abuse with no damage. I have scalp problems however with rashes and sores which sometimes can make putting my hair up painful. My hair tangle easy and have a will of it's own.

My hair care routine is washes once every week. When I wash I use two rounds of shampoo, one round of conditioner and one round of hair cure, I finish washes off with a cold rise and then let it air dry. Before I wash I oil my hair with almond oil that I leave on for at least half a day. I brush my hair every morning using a tangle teazer and a few times a week I also go over it with a boar bristles and nylon brush to distribute oils in the hair. I try to do a occult ritual for hair growth and health every day. I never use heated styling tools and I usually always have my hair either in buns or in braids.

evieisocoolike
April 29th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Dragon Faery, have you tried coconut oil? Works wonders on my hair. I have yet to buy castor oil... Does it work as a decent leave in as well as a scalp treatment? Thanks, and I'm overjoyed to find someone like me!

Shepherdess
April 29th, 2012, 03:28 PM
My hair is about 6.5 inches thick (not including some of my bangs) iii with medium/coarse strands. Honey/strawberry blonde in color (it seems to have golden tinges) and curly ( I think it is 3a). It is now barely past classic length (almost thigh? am not sure).

janeytilllie
April 29th, 2012, 03:49 PM
My hair is 2C very wavy with slight curling to the ends. I have ii/iii 4 inches ponytail circumference.
My hair has medium texture.
My hair colour is all virgin dark brown with golden-ish tones.
My hair is nearly hip length

My hair gets very frizzy/poofy and tends to get dry. I suffer trying to maintain a blunt hemline.

My hair care routine

Daily care

*Apply alittle amount of coconut oil or olive oil (If hair is alittle dry and frizzy)

*Brushing with Tangle Teezer

*Baby Brushing my hair outside

*Updo 90% of the time. Hair bun with hair fork or stick with fancy velvet scrunchies. (No braids)

Washing routine

* Washing hair 2x a week

* Using cones, sulfates

*Overnight heavy oiling with
coconut oil(summer) Olive oil (winter)

*Shampooing with Antidandruff 2 in 1 shampoo

*Conditioning with Superdrug Pro Vitamin Silky Conditioner
leave on 3 mins

* Clarifying Once a month with Superdrugs Apple and Lime greasy hair shampoo.

After washing care

*Leave in a tiny amount of Superdrug Pro vitamin Silky conditioner

*Apply 6 drops of Baby oil

*Spray on Superdrug Kids detangler

*Brush with Tangle Teezer

*Leave air dry.

*Once dry apply a semi heavy amount of coconut oil (summer)
Olive oil (winter)

AndreaPetrea
April 29th, 2012, 04:41 PM
I would love to find any hair twins that are out there for me :)

I have very fine, delicate, splitty hair. Emphasis on splitty. If you can find 100+ splits on the ends of your hair without trying very hard, even though you treat your hair as gently as you can bring yourself to, and some of them have 4, 5, 6+ splits on the same hair, and some of them look like feathers, you might be my hair twin :p It is fine enough that it doesn't have the weight/rigidity to stay behind my back nicely like other people's long hair does, it floats and falls and slips and gets in my face and on my front and in my mouth ... if there's a breeze it goes everywhere and tangles.

My circumference is right around three inches, a smidge less. I've typed myself at 1b, but I'm not totally sure. My hair is very straight naturally, but it always has braidwaves. Sometimes it J-flicks at the end. I have very few photos of my un-braid-bun-waved texture, but here are a couple: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4804&pictureid=130882
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4804&pictureid=77886

My hair is mostly brown but is a lot redder in sunlight, or when it's dryer or damaged -- the ends are a little lighter/redder than the well-treated roots.

My routine varies. I'm 'cone free, my hair with cones feels like plastic. I'm mostly sulphate free, though I clarify with sulphates fairly regularly, once a month or so. Apart from that, I don't have a fixed routine. CWC, S&C, or CO, whatever. Sometimes oils, sometimes not. I still occasionally blowdry my hair, but no other heat tools.

Except for the color and length this sounds very much like my hair.

My hair is also very fine and delicate, and I do remember dealing with split ends at BSL, yikes! Also, as you say, the slightest breeze and there's hair everywhere. I can't just walk around with my hair loose outside and expect to be able to actually see anything.

Circumference 3 inches (maybe also a tiny bit less), and 1b - I think.

I used to CO-wash every 2 or 3 days, wash with sulfate free shampoo once or twice a month and wash with sulfate shampoo when needed. Now, though, I've moved to a terrible hard water area, and I still don't know what to do. I'm trying lemon rinses and have also tried cones (and found out that they make my hair static and plastic-y).

Bunnysaur
April 29th, 2012, 04:48 PM
My hair is between 1b and 2a, but closer to 1b after this weekend's dying adventures :rolleyes: My natural color is milk chocolatey, but it's currently like a honeyed golden brown blondey mess. It doesn't look half bad :o
I'm at about 3 inches past shoulder, it's fairly thick, about ii/iii and M/C.

As for my routine, I shampoo and condition daily, then rinse my scalp with rooibos tea and oil my length with argan and coconut oil. I do a deep conditioning treatment about twice a week, and I'm trying to hold off on a trim until August.

jacqueline101
April 29th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Mine is medium thick gets occasional frizzy dry ends grows a natural v hem line. I monistat daily use my own mixture of oils (cocoa butter cocoa nut oil vitamin e brazilian nut sweet almond and mineral and aloe vera and argan oil) diluted with water misted daily on entire head. Wash and condition with mane n tail distill vinegar rinse and I use my hair bean to massage my scalp. No heat or stiffening agents. Love to sleep in a loose bun. I trim half an inch twice a year. I also apply a leave in condish to my ends.

Hollyfire3
April 29th, 2012, 07:45 PM
My hair is 2C very wavy with slight curling to the ends. I have ii/iii 4 inches ponytail circumference.
My hair has medium texture.
My hair colour is all virgin dark brown with golden-ish tones.
My hair is nearly hip length

My hair gets very frizzy/poofy and tends to get dry. I suffer trying to maintain a blunt hemline.

My hair care routine

Daily care

*Apply alittle amount of coconut oil or olive oil (If hair is alittle dry and frizzy)

*Brushing with Tangle Teezer

*Baby Brushing my hair outside

*Updo 90% of the time. Hair bun with hair fork or stick with fancy velvet scrunchies. (No braids)

Washing routine

* Washing hair 2x a week

* Using cones, sulfates

*Overnight heavy oiling with
coconut oil(summer) Olive oil (winter)

*Shampooing with Antidandruff 2 in 1 shampoo

*Conditioning with Superdrug Pro Vitamin Silky Conditioner
leave on 3 mins

* Clarifying Once a month with Superdrugs Apple and Lime greasy hair shampoo.

After washing care

*Leave in a tiny amount of Superdrug Pro vitamin Silky conditioner

*Apply 6 drops of Baby oil

*Spray on Superdrug Kids detangler

*Brush with Tangle Teezer

*Leave air dry.

*Once dry apply a semi heavy amount of coconut oil (summer)
Olive oil (winter)

Hair twin here! But you knew that already as I have told you it before lol.:)

AdaClare
April 29th, 2012, 08:50 PM
My hair is 1b/1c (the wispy parts of my hair curl a bit on their own sometimes when it's humid or raining), medium, about 3 inches around when in a ponytail, 30.5 inches (tbl on me), and medium/dark blonde.

I switch between CWC and CO when I wash my hair (usually every night), and use leave in conditioner after. I braid it every night (yay for braid waves in the morning! :cheese:). I've been trying to wear it up more often, but usually I have it down.

freckles
April 30th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Except for the color and length this sounds very much like my hair.

My hair is also very fine and delicate, and I do remember dealing with split ends at BSL, yikes! Also, as you say, the slightest breeze and there's hair everywhere. I can't just walk around with my hair loose outside and expect to be able to actually see anything.

Circumference 3 inches (maybe also a tiny bit less), and 1b - I think.

I used to CO-wash every 2 or 3 days, wash with sulfate free shampoo once or twice a month and wash with sulfate shampoo when needed. Now, though, I've moved to a terrible hard water area, and I still don't know what to do. I'm trying lemon rinses and have also tried cones (and found out that they make my hair static and plastic-y).

woo hairtwin :)

Dragon Faery
April 30th, 2012, 01:59 AM
Dragon Faery, have you tried coconut oil? Works wonders on my hair. I have yet to buy castor oil... Does it work as a decent leave in as well as a scalp treatment? Thanks, and I'm overjoyed to find someone like me!

Hi again! :)
I have. Sometimes it works great, and other times it leaves my hair feeling a bit stiff and crunchy. I haven't figured out why. I adore the smell of it, though. :)

I would be a bit scared to use castor oil as a leave-in, although I've used it as a deep treatment before. It made my hair soft, so maybe I will try that again. It's a very thick, sticky oil, so I'd recommend diluting it with another oil, like olive oil or coconut. Maybe I will try a mix of all three as a deep treatment for a bit. If I do, I will be sure to let you know the results! The only place I've used it undiluted is on my scalp and ends. I stopped using it on my ends when I tried shea butter for that, but maybe I'll do the oil and then seal it in with the shea butter. That might work if I'm wearing my hair up anyway and don't mind greasies.

What do you currently do with your hair?

GoldberryHair
April 30th, 2012, 09:03 AM
I want a hair twin to talk with!!

lippleyluv
April 30th, 2012, 09:42 AM
My hair is a lie.

I have the hair of an old witch that is masquerading as the hair of a young woman.

I am Baba Yaga with coarse, wiry waves that are gray (estimate: black 40% and white 60%) but I have disguised my hair with Henna and Indigo so that it is black....but this cannot continue......

Who else is here like me?

Haha! you are my hair twin! Except I am more like 90% white, and I hide it with chemical color. :thumbsup::waving:

SacantRoese
April 30th, 2012, 07:20 PM
I have no idea what all those weird little abbreviations mean, (i,ii,iii hair. a,b,c, etc...) so until I can figure them out, (or if someone would like to help me) I'll just put this.

My hair is about 3 inches when in a ponytail, thick, (same thing?...) medium texture, and waist length. I don't know about the color. A weird brown/blond/ashy Blonette color. I just have my hair tapering off, no real hemline shape.
Um, as far as routine...

Daily Care

* Comb with wide-toothed comb, then brush with BBB.
* Mostly wear hair loose or in a braid.

Washing Routine
* Wash twice a week.
* Liquid Body Soap.

After Washing Care

* Comb again?...

You ladies all take such big measures to keep your hair nice, what with your fancy oil treatments and such! Sometimes I'm afraid I am blissfully neglecting my hair.

Grillz
April 30th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Goldberry, I might be your much shorter hair twin! I have lots of layers and I think I'm in the 1a/b range. I fall more on the medium side but there are some fine hairs mixed in! I have not yet found a successful way of keeping curls yet either.. I keep trying!

My bangs are pulled back in this picture to cover up my roots so the crown looks a little thicker than it really is. My natural color is a dark dirty blonde. It's been blending in nicely with the lighter color, for the most part. The very bottom layer of my hair is a dark brown that I did around a year ago. (I've been gradually trimming that part to get it even with the blonde).

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc493/kcwik886/LHC/Photo117.jpg

florenonite
May 1st, 2012, 05:51 AM
I have no idea what all those weird little abbreviations mean, (i,ii,iii hair. a,b,c, etc...) so until I can figure them out, (or if someone would like to help me) I'll just put this.

Here you go (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=227)

Audrey Horne
May 1st, 2012, 06:21 AM
I want a hairtwin too! Mostly to exchange ideas, I think it might be mutually useful :)

I have changed to 2a/2b but it can be 1c or 2c as well. It becomes much straighter in a hot dry weather and goes wurly in a humid weather. I comb and brush it out because the texture isn't uniform. It always wants to "separate" into stringy pieces if I let it down! lookes very ropey :(
My hair isn't dry as a rule but the ends are dryer, of course. It is fine and not porous.

The last time I measured it was 8cm -about 3". It greases easily no matter what. Goes limp easily. Very slippery. Basically it is very unpredictable and unreliable. Difficult to braid if it's dry.

Hates CO and coconut oil when used solo. My routine always changed but it stays coneless.

If you think we are twin please hit me up - leave a message, I'd be very glad :blossom:

florenonite
May 1st, 2012, 06:47 AM
I'd like to find a hair twin, too. My hair is fickle, but at the moment likes pre-wash oilings with coconut oil and a wash with sulfate shampoo every 2-4 days. It's about 1c, with ringlets around the hairline, fine, and about 4.25" circumference. It's 25" in length, with layers starting at about 20". The colour is in between blonde and brown.

Any takers?

Vampyria
May 1st, 2012, 07:21 AM
You ladies all take such big measures to keep your hair nice, what with your fancy oil treatments and such! Sometimes I'm afraid I am blissfully neglecting my hair.

Well I know some guys with beautiful, long hair that just use Head&Shoulders shampoo and nothing else. That is still a mystery to me and I know that would never work for me. I need conditioner and oils or my hair starts to tangle, I get split ends and breakage.

nerdymomma
May 1st, 2012, 11:32 AM
You should definitely try them. I've never enjoyed shampoo before. I can do them without ACV, it leaves the hair a bit more rough feeling which isn't always unpleasant. I tried with the ACV because my scalp was bothering me. Shampoo bars make your hair feel very thick and heavy right after you rinse it out, and the hairs kind of cling together, so it's hard to detangle in the shower. ACV made the tangles and stickiness fall out in the shower which was nice, and made it more manageable while it was wet. However, I think shampoo bar hair feels nice when it dries. I don't need conditioner with it if I pick a moisturizing one, and the two conditioner bars I have tried were far too waxy for me.

I tried lemon juice (from the little lemon bottle, so maybe that was the problem) and it didn't do much. Using AOHR definitely worked to help detangle after, even though that conditioner doesn't have much slip, so I may switch back to that. I may also try white vinegar.

I don't think I hate ACV. I'm planning to try diluting it in a spray bottle and using that instead.

I can think of a few things that may be making it greasier: I stopped using a straightener on my bangs, and they show grease first. I also have generally been using oil right after I wash and not always being careful to keep it only on the length. Also, the bar I'm using is fairly conditioning.

What are you currently doing hair-wise?

Have you ever tried the conditioner bars from this company? http://www.va-soaps.com/vss2_014.htm I use them and really love what they have done for my hair. The conditioner is especially nice, my hair feels silky and light without being weighed down (and I have fine hair).

My hair is 1b, mostly fine hairs. I have a larger ponytail right now, 4", due to pregnancy and lactation hormones. Since my baby started weaning I've begun shedding quite a bit. My color is dark blonette at BSL with some old highlights growing out.

My wash routine right now is CWC every other day, with shampoo and conditioner bars from the above company. I've tried a mixture of aloe and coconut oil for frizz caused by rough handling, but I have decided to back off the oil for a bit. I'm new here and trying to establish a baseline before I try anything outside my normal routine.

SacantRoese
May 1st, 2012, 03:13 PM
Oh, thanks for the link florenonite! I'm too much of a dummy to have found it myself.
I was so confused before. :>

brave
May 1st, 2012, 03:21 PM
Have you ever tried the conditioner bars from this company? http://www.va-soaps.com/vss2_014.htm I use them and really love what they have done for my hair. The conditioner is especially nice, my hair feels silky and light without being weighed down (and I have fine hair).

My hair is 1b, mostly fine hairs. I have a larger ponytail right now, 4", due to pregnancy and lactation hormones. Since my baby started weaning I've begun shedding quite a bit. My color is dark blonette at BSL with some old highlights growing out.

My wash routine right now is CWC every other day, with shampoo and conditioner bars from the above company. I've tried a mixture of aloe and coconut oil for frizz caused by rough handling, but I have decided to back off the oil for a bit. I'm new here and trying to establish a baseline before I try anything outside my normal routine.

Do you have to ACV with those bars?

I found that shampoo bars alone were making my hair a little too dry on the ends and requiring daily washing. I will probably try them again but the dryness bothered me a lot, so I'm messing with AOHR conditioner, and AO's Henna Shampoo. I do think the henna shampoo already left my hair shinier. Definitely didn't make my scalp cry and the second day isn't too oily. The only issue really was that neither of them offers much "slip" so detangling in the shower with fingers only was kind of a no go. That might heal itself as my hair gets less dry, but we'll see.

My ends feel much happier now :)

herdaughter77
May 1st, 2012, 06:01 PM
Hello!
I think I might be your hair twin. :) (statistics under my avatar and the comment on 2nd page of this thread)
My hair is mediumly oily with no added oils.

nerdymomma
May 1st, 2012, 06:21 PM
brave - I do not use ACV with my bars. My husband hates the scent of ACV in my hair. You only smell it when my hair is damp, but since I often shower before bed, it's no good. He says it's like sleeping with a pickle.

goldnymph
June 9th, 2012, 03:05 PM

I have been looking and looking for something like this. Thanks!

Unfortunately, I need to post a bit more before I can access it...

firegypsy
June 9th, 2012, 06:18 PM
I have 2.5 inches in circumf(7.5 cm), my hair is very fine and malleable(holds and loses shape easily). Naturally, it's almost poker straight-1a/1b. It's now brushing hip(I'll have to see with the cut) with layers just below BSL and bangs.
Routine-wise: heavily hennaed(henna with sodium picramate-can't get any other kind)+some indigo. I wash it once every 5 to 7 days, with baby shampoo(cien baby shampoo, from lidl. Cocamidopropyl betaine is the main surfactant) and cone-y conditioner. For some reason my hair likes HE hello hydration. Can't really figure out why. Otherwise, my hair loves argan oil, and hates hairspray and glycerin.

you sound a lot like me...only I don't currently have the length. I'm at APL. :)

lilliemer
June 10th, 2012, 12:16 AM
My hair is multiracial and probably bipolar.
At the crown it's 3a and mostly coarse. Some black hairs, lots of dark brown. Some wiry, some just thick.
At the nape it's somewhere between 1c and 2a. Medium to fine might brown hairs, almost a reddish gold. It makes a noticeable streak in my hair if I put it up just right.
All the in-betweens are ... in between. It's mostly medium, and mostly 2b/2c. Color ranges from ginger and golden brown to mostly medium-dark brown with a few nearly black hairs.
I haven't measured my thickness, but I'm guessing it's in the ii range and possibly almost a iii.

Getting a few whites and silvers here and there, including a slowly growing streak directly on top.

It takes suggestions fairly well, though not perfectly. Always a little frizz on top, never completely straight or curly, but never solidly wavy. When curly I can't wear it up in any way without losing the curl. When it's wavy to straight-ish I can do just about anything to it and it will at least try to cooperate.

CO washing (the 2-step, cone- and sulfate-free version) makes it very soft and shiny. It likes AVG as a leave-in but doesn't respond well to ACV. It can't make up its mind about oils. Usually the more expensive ones work better, but not always. It definitely likes castor oil scalp massages. The ends like Shea Butter. It breaks cheap hairsticks when heavily oiled.

A bit of a dry, flaky scalp which is helped by CO washing and oiling.

It probably speaks Latin and Greek, with maybe a bit of Welsh and Spanish thrown in. It can fake Hebrew pretty well.

Uh, yeah. Not holding my breath, but I'd love even a partial twin!

Hello, close-to-hair-twin!!

Here is my hair. Who knows what language it speaks, my family is from italy/sicily and all over eastern europe so G** knows what mix is in there LOL.

M/C overall, the crown hair is coarser but less curly, possibly from prior straightening/ponytail/hot water damage. For the most part it is suggestible (holds bends from ponytails and braid-waves) but it won't heat-straighten without frizzing. It's pretty "sticky" and will stay up in a messy cinnabun with only one pin or claw clip. Like yours, the curl disappears as soon as I put it up; i usually retain some residual waves but can/will brush it on post-wash days.

Ponytail circ: between 3 and 3.5 inches, depending on how high the ponytail is and what treatments I have done to the hair. Oil really compresses it, but my freshly washed hair tends to seem very voluminous due to the curl. I also still have lots of layers and am a trying-to-reform hair puller (splitting the split ends).

Length: i am not sure, it is about two inches from top of bsl when wet or pulled straight, 4-5 inches from top of bsl when curly. The way it looks varies so much from day to day that I have given up on landmarks or trying to estimate how much it grows per month. I've got enough to think about just to keep it looking decent.

Color: very dark brown (often mistaken for black by casual observers) that's going gray a bit, mostly at the temples, but also a little at the crown. I am not ready to dye at this point and am not sure I will ever be, although I love the look of henndigo.

Current routine: I'm still trying to establish it. Wash with a mild sulfate shampoo once or twice per week; CO-wash two other days and don't wash on the remaining days. I try to stretch washing as much as possible but haven't been able to go more than three days at a time. SMT weekly. I clarify probably more frequently than necessary to get a fresh start to try new products. I'm debating about adding a weekly heavy oiling because my hair is still extremely dry; i did my first heavy oiling two days ago with olive and coconut oil mixed and liked the results.

Products:
-For routine shampooing: some low-sulfate shampoo from whole foods, i forget the name, it's ok but i'm going to try to find a better alternative.
-For clarifying: neutrogena clarifying shampoo. I tried this to get rid of some sticky-a$$ gel. It worked ok but unfortunately I test-drove an even stickier gel after getting rid of gel #1. So it's still sticky and a bit dry. Much better than baking soda which tore my hair up. I'm glad I only used it (baking soda) twice.
-Wash routine: alternate CWC and CO.
-C#1 for CWC: tresemme naturals with aloe and avocado although it seems a bit drying. I may look elsewhere soon.
-Leave-in: Phytojoba hair mask. I use this as conditioner #2 for CWC and as my only conditioner for CO wash. I love this stuff for moisturizing and slip.
-Styling product to hold curl: Still searching for the right stuff. Gels that hold my curls are crunchy and the ones that aren't crunchy don't hold curl well. :(
-Oils: coconut (only on dry hair; makes my hair crunchy if i put it on wet hair); experimenting with olive; argan and sunflower oils make my hair dry and unhappy
-Wishing to try: jojoba oil; acv or tea rinses without baking soda; shea butter

Things that have NOT worked for me:
Baking soda
Aloe vera as a gel
Argan oil
Sunflower oil
Heat styling!

Issues: Dryness! tendency toward split ends! being told Hair Lies all my life about how I had innately Bad Hair that shouldn't be grown longer than shoulder length :mad:

Any other twins or near twins out there??

Zhennni(:
June 10th, 2012, 12:22 AM
my hair is medium thick with a lot of volume, 1b ish hair ( I can't tell because more than half of my hair is permed straight), very coarse hair strands, waist length

auroraclio
June 10th, 2012, 12:30 AM
My hair is 1c/2a, APL 3.5" ponytail not including bangs that are growing out.

After washing, I apply a bit of oil to the end of my hair and then let air dry - it's very wavy, lots of volume. Brushing will remove the wave and I could pass as a 1b. I wash 2-3x week, oil after washing and that's it.

Tia2010
June 10th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Fun! :D

Lets see... My hair:
*Is wavy...but goes straight if I use to much product and frizzy when it's humid.
*It's somewhere between Fine and Medium.
*The circumference is 3.78-ish.
*My natural color carries a lot of red tones ( there is a picture labeled hair typing in my album that shows somewhat my natural texture and color- the color is a little darker in the photo- but close)

My Routine :
*I usually shampoo and condition... then the next wash (or 2) will be CO, then back to shampoo and conditioner.
*I oil my length with a few drops of oil after each wash.
*I let it air dry then brush it through- that gives me a nice soft wave.
*I try to deep condition once a week.
*I BBB at night (three times a week- when I remember)
*I do a dark veggie dye over it once every month or two to keep the color a dark chocolate brown or black.

*It likes cones or no cones...So It just depends on my mood that day.
*Seems to like protein...( I use a Henna and Placenta pack once a month)
*Doesn't seem to mind SLS, but I try to avoid it.
*Argon/ Macadamia/ Coconut oil ( on damp hair) Mineral oil (on wet hair) Olive oil... but I usually only use it as a deep pre wash conditioning.
*Giovanni products
*Air drying

Dislikes:
*Aloe
*Baking Soda
(I'm sure there is more, but I can't think right now)

Suguru
June 13th, 2012, 06:10 AM

I believe I may be the twin you are looking for! My hair is very straight and does not hold a curl. (I have called it 1a/1b because, despite the fact that it was stick-straight when it was shorter, it does bizarre flippy things near the ends at this length and I can't tell if they're natural or to do with the way it dries) It is just under 9 cm in circumference (without bangs, mind you) and super fine in texture. I struggle a lot with tangling and splits.

Like you, I SC wash my hair only once a week with a cone-y conditioner, though I also WO wash the scalp hair on days I do exercise. My hair seems to like oil too, in moderation (it seems very easy to over-oil fine hair!), however I use Coconut Oil not Argan Oil.

I will gladly be-twin you, however since I am a newbie, you won't be able to message me until my post count goes up. Sorry about that... :o

Stufie
June 13th, 2012, 07:45 AM
I think I might have found a few twins on here!! If you got a contact add/friend request from me then that's why.
I think my hair is 1c or 2a/F/iii. The ponytail circumference is 4.25". This weekend I will take a photo of it and see if it can be typed so I can get on the right track. I am still trying really hard to find a new routine. Right now it is complicated, and I need something that allows me to get rid of the blow drying and diffuser without having my hair one huge puffball from air-drying.

Nikinka
June 15th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Hi everyove!:) I would like to find my hair twin:) I have 1a-F-ii;)

Sarahlabyrinth
August 7th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Kelikea I think you and I could be hair twins!

JamieLeigh
August 7th, 2012, 02:41 AM
My hair is a mix of fine and medium, mostly medium with fine hairs at the nape, temples and at my ears. I'm an ii, 3" circumference. I THINK I'm a 1c/2a. Could go either way. If I comb my hair when wet, my hair is basically straight. If I leave it to dry naturally, it stays somewhat wavy. My hair is hennaed, but growing out. I'm naturally a very ashy light brown.

It doesn't like much of anything, really. The best luck I've had is with diluted sulfates and amodimethicone alternated with cone free stuff. :D I've finally been able to stretch washes to sometimes two days using them, and my hair is normally soft and happy. I should also mention that my hair despises protein, and will throw a fit if I use anything that contains the slightest amount.

We can be hair twins! :D My hair is a little past classic length, naturally a dark reddish-brown colour, with well-defined s-waves and ringlets at the bottom when I dry without combing. I can be anywhere from a 2a to a 2c, depending on the humidity. :p I have right at 4" of circumference.

The best luck I've had has been CO-washing with cone-free conditioner to the scalp and down to the neck, then mild cones on the mid-length down to hips, and heavier cones on the very ends. It took me a LOOOOONG time to come up with that. :lol: My hair likes a conditioner/water/oil spritz during the day. Coconut oil, camellia oil, jojoba oil. I use the coconut oil as a pre-wash treatment and the camellia oil afterward on damp hair.

What doesn't work for me - regular shampooing, shampoo bars (mostly because I despise the ACV rinse afterward), gels and sprays, very heavy oils like evoo. Too much protein causes my hair to feel like stiff straw.

CurlyCurves
August 8th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I would love to find some hair twins!

APL stretched, SL curly.
3a/b/f/m/ii

I will add some more info and possibly a pic later :D

Chestnuthenna
September 17th, 2012, 05:23 AM
I have auburn red hair. To accentuate it I use henna.
Hip length. I have to use hairsticks that are over 7in long,

Ambermaiden, I don't think we are quite hair twins, but we could be hair sisters, or maybe I'm a hair mother, or poor cousin. Anyway your hair seems to be like mine but a lot more so! There aren't a lot of us with coarse, thick but straightish auburn hair so we are from the same hair family somewhere. My hair is about 4 and a bit inches but it has been thinned and I have bangs - nowhere near your thickness but still thick enough to not be able to find hair clips big and strong enough. I used to have long, deep auburn hair, but it started losing its colour with age and I cut it. Now I use hendigo and I'm growing it again. It used to be pretty straight, but when I had kids it started going wavy underneath at the back (a bit like a sheepskin, crimped underneath!). I like argan oil and coconut oil; I love henna; I'm CO washing at the moment; I haven't gone near cones or chemical ingredients for years. My all time favourite hair do is a French twist or variation thereon, fixed with a chopstick. I've tried all sorts of different haircuts, including short (it stuck up straight on end like Johnny Rotten crossed with a hedgehog), bobbed (good but big), long and layered (nightmarish toadstool mushroom effect) and just plain mid-long (the most successful - the weight of the length pulls the hair down and stops it being so bouffy). What do you think? Could you be part of my family?
http://http://s1068.photobucket.com/albums/u453/Susan_Nicholls/?action=view&current=b00dd580.jpg#!oZZ5QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2F s1068.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fu453%2FSusan_Nich olls%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3Decbc192d.jpg
http://http://s1068.photobucket.com/albums/u453/Susan_Nicholls/?action=view&current=655028d9.jpg
I'll try to post some pictures - forgive me if I mess up on this!

CurlyCurves
September 17th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Any hair twins for CurlyCurves? :D

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/402700_4644206263570_2087662964_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/530086_4630035589312_79960249_n.jpg

I'm a 3a/b, as aforementioned. Shoulder+ curly, APL+ stretched, F/M, ii. I don't use products, but co-wash almost daily and air dry with no manipulation. My regimen is on my profile.

ChelleyCredible
September 17th, 2012, 07:17 PM
My hair is about 30 inches long if you take a flexible tape measure from where the hair starts on the forehead/top of head, measuring all the way to the tips.

I consider my hair to be fine to medium. It's hard to really determine because some products make my hair seem finer. I would say my hair is slightly frizzy. I have small baby hairs under where my bangs are. Not sure the technical name for it. It only really shows if I put my hair up. No, it's not from damage. I have always had them. Latin females tend to have them a lot I noticed. I am Spanish so maybe that explains it.

I wash Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Shampoo on scalp, conditioner at ends. I do keratin treatments at home once a week.

My hair can hold curls for a decent amount of time. I don't use heat on it too often. Usually once a week and max 3 times.

I have not dyed my hair in years and I don't plan on it. I use henna on occasion.

I don't think I have a hair twin but I hope so. I want to exchange routines and tips with someone! :applause

PS. Did a measurement for my ponytail thickness and its very close to 3 in

lydiajo
September 17th, 2012, 07:23 PM
CurlyCurves,
I'm not your hair twin but I wanted to tell you I love your hair. It looks great both curly and straight.

ChelleyCredible
September 17th, 2012, 07:30 PM
My hair is 1b/1c (the wispy parts of my hair curl a bit on their own sometimes when it's humid or raining), medium, about 3 inches around when in a ponytail, 30.5 inches (tbl on me), and medium/dark blonde.

I switch between CWC and CO when I wash my hair (usually every night), and use leave in conditioner after. I braid it every night (yay for braid waves in the morning! :cheese:). I've been trying to wear it up more often, but usually I have it down.

I am pretty sure we are hair twins from what you wrote. Interested in privately exchanging tips and routines? :)

Chimom79
September 17th, 2012, 10:58 PM
My hair is 1c/2a, APL 3.5" ponytail not including bangs that are growing out.

After washing, I apply a bit of oil to the end of my hair and then let air dry - it's very wavy, lots of volume. Brushing will remove the wave and I could pass as a 1b. I wash 2-3x week, oil after washing and that's it.

I think we are very close to being hair twins! My hair is 2a/F/M/ii. I wash about twice a week and oil the length and ends afterward while its still damp. Then it just air dries. Every other shampooing or so I will coat my hair with coconut oil until it has that oily wet look and keep it on a hour or more before showering and washing & conditioning my hair.

I have been working with the coconut oil pre wash treatment a month or so and still can't tell if it's doing anything. I love coconut oil a lot, so I hate to think my hair may just not respond to it. Sometimes I spray with a mixed oil as well that contains a lot of virgin sweet almond oil.

dani18
September 18th, 2012, 12:05 AM
I want to find my hair twin :) 1b, fine, ii.
It gets really poofy when there is humidity. It doesn't take much for my hair to feel soft. I co wash every other day, then I was once a week. I use Pantiene (is that spelled right?) I get plenty of split ends for seemingly no reason. I'm very careful with my hair, and once it gets to a certain length it's just split city :(. I blowfry about once a week. ( may have something to do with the split ends). I oil about once every 2 weeks. That's about it.

dani18
September 18th, 2012, 12:08 AM
I forgot to mention, my hair grows about 1/4 an inch every month.

spirals
September 18th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Yay! A twin! That's twin enough for me! :) :cheese:
Well, let's call it triplets. DF, your avatar looks like my hair today.

CurlyCurves
September 18th, 2012, 01:51 PM
CurlyCurves,
I'm not your hair twin but I wanted to tell you I love your hair. It looks great both curly and straight.

You're so sweet, thank you :love:

Chimom79
September 18th, 2012, 05:29 PM
CurlyCurves,

I agree, its so pretty, I especially love it curly! Those dark shiney curls are amazing!

Loveisaverb
September 18th, 2012, 08:32 PM

Ah so close to hair type, just a little bit of difference.

I see so many close to me, but maybe one or two off.

Maybe
September 18th, 2012, 10:40 PM

Thank you for the link. I used it and only 12 "twins" came up, only 2 of.home are.active members .

Pretty cool though.

beautifulending
September 19th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Okay um it is dyed a medium auburn color, 1a stick straight will not hold a curl for anything, M, and thick ii/iii. my pony tail is 4.25 so I'm not really sure if I'm a ii or iii.

gthlvrmx
September 19th, 2012, 01:21 AM
im using the search but so far only 2 are active members. i think i know one of them already!! XD

but if anyone else is out there, id like a hair twin!! :D

bunzfan
September 19th, 2012, 06:44 AM
I know jojo is mine i wonder if i have another :ponder:

HairFaerie
September 19th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Holy Mackerel! I have 97 hair twins!?!?

cathair
September 19th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Hey, I've only just started posting away from the 'Start Here' board, but there seems to be a fair few people in this thread who have wavy not so fine hair :) I am quite near the beginning of trying to look after my hair better, despite trying for years. So maybe I could be someones twin?

My hair is/was waist length in at it's longest point, I have been S&D a lot lately, so I fear it might be slightly shorter now, but dare not measure yet, because I need all the bad ends gone! My hair is un-dyed, naturally very very dark brown, most people say black when they are not looking closely. I am starting to go white so thinking about indigo. It has quite big waves and a few loose curls sometimes. I think it is medium or coarse, but you can definitely feel it between your fingers like cotton.

I have just started oiling, have done it twice now, which seems to make a HUGE difference to the feel of my hair, it feels so much smoother. I also tried a ACV rinse last wash and that didn't seem to hurt, it seemed to make the ends much less crunchy and brittle.

If I sound like I could be your hair twin, please feel free to drop me a line, I would love to chat hair. Sounds like my hair is not a million miles away from yours bunzfan (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=30754) and gthlvrmx (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=36783).

terylenerose
September 19th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I've also used the little advanced search thingy, but in my case it's not going to tell anyone a whole lot because my curls really dislike being 3a and wish they were 2b/2c.

In any case, I seem to be 3a M, at least, and my thickness hasn't been measured lately but last I checked it was around 3.7". So that would be ii in the strict sense and ii/iii in the looser sense. I go with ii/iii generally because it seems a more accurate description of my thickness.
My natural color is something nobody ever quite agrees on. I consider it light brown, but some say blonde and others might say blonette. I think it's too dark to be either of those. It lightens fairly easily in the sun, which adds to the perception of "blonde". I am indifferent to this feature. I've used various dyes in the past, hence the bottom almost two-thirds of my hair that are a sort of strawberry blonde. My natural tone is somewhat ashy, with a little red mixed in just for confusion.
My hair routine as of this month (trust me, I'll settle down one of these days! :p) consists of: washing twice a week with the CWC method, using Dr. Bronner's magic soap and Fundamental Conditioner; finger combing once or twice a day; and putting hair up in some way or other at all times. This seems to be working pretty well so far, but I'll be tweaking it a bit before I decide to stick with it long-term.

silverthread
September 19th, 2012, 06:32 PM
I've found a couple of you who are close to being my hair twin, but not right on target.

Here's my hair description: 2a/F/ii - pony is 2.75" not including bangs and shorter layers - low/non-porosity - 50% gray - soft and poofy - I can never find any split ends - no products because they build up and make my hair limp - does not tangle easily, but ends get velcro-like with any type of product - prone to frizz.

I'm currently experimenting with soapberry shampoo recipes. Loving it so far. I usually wash every 3-4 days.

gthlvrmx
September 19th, 2012, 06:42 PM
I've also used the little advanced search thingy, but in my case it's not going to tell anyone a whole lot because my curls really dislike being 3a and wish they were 2b/2c.

In any case, I seem to be 3a M, at least, and my thickness hasn't been measured lately but last I checked it was around 3.7". So that would be ii in the strict sense and ii/iii in the looser sense. I go with ii/iii generally because it seems a more accurate description of my thickness.
My natural color is something nobody ever quite agrees on. I consider it light brown, but some say blonde and others might say blonette. I think it's too dark to be either of those. It lightens fairly easily in the sun, which adds to the perception of "blonde". I am indifferent to this feature. I've used various dyes in the past, hence the bottom almost two-thirds of my hair that are a sort of strawberry blonde. My natural tone is somewhat ashy, with a little red mixed in just for confusion.
My hair routine as of this month (trust me, I'll settle down one of these days! :p) consists of: washing twice a week with the CWC method, using Dr. Bronner's magic soap and Fundamental Conditioner; finger combing once or twice a day; and putting hair up in some way or other at all times. This seems to be working pretty well so far, but I'll be tweaking it a bit before I decide to stick with it long-term.
ahhh we're so closee!! AND YOU'RE A TERMI TOO!! WOOHOOO! GO TERMI'SSS <3 yeah. i found one girl who i talked to last year, shes my hair twin but why does everyone's hair look so much thicker than mine?? :confused: your hair is def thicker than mine, i was just at above a 3" circumferenece but i dropped in number quite a bit recently and will continue until im done with the recovery from surgery.
and my curls are like....not curling as much anymore. they want to but its getting to long for them :p
but wow its interesting finding others similar to you!

Shepherdess
September 19th, 2012, 07:26 PM
ahhh we're so closee!! AND YOU'RE A TERMI TOO!! WOOHOOO! GO TERMI'SSS <3 yeah. i found one girl who i talked to last year, shes my hair twin but why does everyone's hair look so much thicker than mine?? :confused: your hair is def thicker than mine, i was just at above a 3" circumferenece but i dropped in number quite a bit recently and will continue until im done with the recovery from surgery.
and my curls are like....not curling as much anymore. they want to but its getting to long for them :p
but wow its interesting finding others similar to you!

I'm a 3a and going for term too! :D :p Yay for people who are determined to reach terminal length! ! ! :cheer: :cheese:

Quixii is about my exact hair twin both in length, color and type. :)

kimberlyjoy
September 19th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I've seen a couple possible hair-twins in this thread. I am a waist length 1a/F/ii brunette with some silvers (future renegray) that look like they might want to be 1b-c/M since they tend to stick out and generally misbehave.

My hair loves to blow around in the slightest breeze and tangles far too easily. I'm still trying to find a routine that works, but I do know that my hair HATES shampoo bars and loves coconut oil. I sort of waffle between CWC and CO with sulphates & cones because when I try to get off them my hair throws a fit.

Hollyfire3
September 19th, 2012, 09:16 PM
I know jojo is mine i wonder if i have another :ponder:

I'm kinda your twin, but my hair is not really fine stranded....:). But...I love you and your hair so much, can I please be your twin lol!

gthlvrmx
September 19th, 2012, 09:25 PM
I'm a 3a and going for term too! :D :p Yay for people who are determined to reach terminal length! ! ! :cheer: :cheese:

Quixii is about my exact hair twin both in length, color and type. :)

Wow!! Thats so awesome! another termi! :D where is that thread for terminal growers, its hiding somewhere. hmm. ive seen quixii she has amazing hair i love it! thats great you found a hair twin! :D

GALISH
September 19th, 2012, 09:52 PM
This is funny. My hair is 1a/1b, with very coarse strands and I think ii.

Shepherdess
September 19th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Wow!! Thats so awesome! another termi! :D where is that thread for terminal growers, its hiding somewhere. hmm. ive seen quixii she has amazing hair i love it! thats great you found a hair twin! :D

:applause :D

Thanks!

I just found the terminal length thread!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=90499&page=42&highlight=term

gthlvrmx
September 20th, 2012, 12:34 AM
:applause :D

Thanks!

I just found the terminal length thread!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=90499&page=42&highlight=term

woohoo! i posted again on there XD i first joined that thread when it was first created.

ChelleyCredible
September 21st, 2012, 12:49 PM
How can you use the search to find your twin? Like, where do you go and what do you do?

bunzfan
September 21st, 2012, 02:09 PM
I'm kinda your twin, but my hair is not really fine stranded....:). But...I love you and your hair so much, can I please be your twin lol!

Yeah of course:D thanks what a lovely compliment, its more medium these days with some very coarse hairs growing in .

blaketob
September 21st, 2012, 03:46 PM
I looked through the majority of this thread and no one seems to have my hair :/
I have 1c/2a hair. Depending on the weather depends on how my hair dries. Some days it's more 2a, wavy, and frizzy. Other days it's more of a 1c as straight. The more I sleep on my hair the curlier it is the next day too. My hair has both fine and medium hair strands and has a
3.5 ponytail circumference. My hairs a medium-dark ashy blonde. Loves moisture. Hates coconut oil.

Iaine
September 24th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Hey, there!

I typed myself as a 3b/3c, but truth is I have all the 3s. The 3a is at my crown, the 3b is the bulk of my hair, and then there's this tight 3c area in the middle of my head (the area that shrinks the most). I bleached the lower 1/4 of my hair, so that part has a tendency to tangle a little more than usual.

My hair is fine and pretty thick at about 4 inches in circumferences, and it has volume. Way too much volume if you ask me. It eats up all my length!

I use a sulphate free shampoo and deep conditioner my hair every wash. My hair likes heavy conditioners, but I have to be careful not to apply to much or my fine strands start to feel oily. Of course, my hair is so big I feel like almost nothing can weigh it down. Any hair twins out there?

Iaine
September 24th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Any hair twins for CurlyCurves? :D

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/402700_4644206263570_2087662964_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/530086_4630035589312_79960249_n.jpg

I'm a 3a/b, as aforementioned. Shoulder+ curly, APL+ stretched, F/M, ii. I don't use products, but co-wash almost daily and air dry with no manipulation. My regimen is on my profile.

Man, is your hair gorgeous! I don't think we're really hair twins, but I'm wondering how you get your hair to look so wonderful because I've got every 3 type curl in the book on this head.

Helen W
September 24th, 2012, 12:28 PM
http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo191/helgargarner/IMG_1317.jpg

Anyone have hair like mine?

Shepherdess
September 24th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Helen W. I don't have your hair type, but I just wanted to say you have lovely hair! :)

Suguru
September 24th, 2012, 08:13 PM

I do! Same type, thickness and even colour (the shiny golden colour in my siggy is camera-flash induced and not true-to-life!)

GrowingOut
September 24th, 2012, 08:47 PM
I have my stats on the side, and it's braided all the time now.

Helen W
September 25th, 2012, 02:32 AM
Aww Thanks Shepherdess, thats really nice.

Suguru it's wonderful to find someone who has hair like mine, I do think yours is nicer though, mine has got very thin at the ends :-( but then thats prob because I've ignored it and had the most stressful 2 years of my life! I literally lost half my hair due to stress! Anyywwaaaay want to chat about hair stuff??

Suguru
September 25th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Anyywwaaaay want to chat about hair stuff??

Sure, once your post count is high enough, feel free to send me a PM.

browneyedsusan
July 8th, 2016, 04:48 PM
I remember checking this thread sometimes when I first joined, but didn't know what kind of hair I had!

Is anyone out there my "hair twin"?

1b, on the fine side, SUPER slippy. :)

(bonus points if you henna!)

samanthaa
July 8th, 2016, 07:55 PM
There's a more current thread similar to this one here in which active members have posted: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=137500&page=18. Maybe you can find your twin there!

Regardless, I don't know if we're an exact match, but you and I are similar! Our stats are the same AND I henna (though my henna looks darker and my hair might have slightly more wave, judging by your signature picture). What do you think?

Hopeful65
July 8th, 2016, 08:12 PM
http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo191/helgargarner/IMG_1317.jpg

My hair is like yours, only grayish blonde. Mine is a little bit shorter too, but not by much.
I have been looking for my hair twin in this thread for a while. Your's is very close, except the color.

missrandie
July 8th, 2016, 08:43 PM
I know that Kiiruna is my color twin, but I'm not sure if there's anybody closer to my hair stats. I've got everywhere from 1b to 2a, a 3.25" circumference, and mostly fine hair with a dash of medium. It's blonette as well.

vampyyri
July 8th, 2016, 08:47 PM
I'm sure I have one out there, but I haven't found them yet!

1c/2a, dark blonde to golden blonde natural ombre, average thickness, approaching hip. Anyone? :lol:

lithostoic
July 8th, 2016, 09:18 PM
Everyone similar to me is a wavy :c

anou
July 9th, 2016, 02:04 AM
2b/2c, iii, medium (mixed actually, but averages at medium), black, currently waist length with layers.

:)

lapushka
July 9th, 2016, 05:36 AM
There is actually a search function on here that enables you to find a twin based on your markers. Much easier that way. ;)

vampyyri
July 9th, 2016, 07:19 PM
There is actually a search function on here that enables you to find a twin based on your markers. Much easier that way. ;)

What?? How? :popcorn:

ETA: Figured it out! It's the sub-menu Community>Member List>Search Members>Enter in your info