PDA

View Full Version : Celtic blossom bun

maria_asa
April 28th, 2012, 11:18 AM
The celtic knot have been my staple bun for years or at least that’s what I thought before I rewatched a tutorial and realized my bun was something different. After posting a picture in the thin/fine hair thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17115) and getting several requests for instructions I made a video today:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o33/maria_asa/filmer/th_tutorial_revB.jpg (http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o33/maria_asa/filmer/?action=view&current=tutorial_revB.mp4)

Since the bun looks a bit like a flower but has the intricate pattern of a celtic knot I named it the Celtic blossom bun. If it’s already invented under a different name I do apologize.

holothuroidea
April 28th, 2012, 11:25 AM
:D I love it.

I can't wait to do stuff like that!! I guess I have to, though. lol

ETA: The bun I had for my wedding was actually somewhat similar to that, except it ended up looking like a chrysanthemum. My hair was sectioned into 20 pieces and pulled into similar loops and pinned individually so that the tail came out of the middle. It took foreevvveeeerrr...

Sagi1982
April 28th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Wow, that is pretty! I think my hair is still too short for this one, but I keep it in mind...;)

Capybara
April 28th, 2012, 01:10 PM
That is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.

holothuroidea, I'd love to see a picture of your wedding bun!

Rhodugune
April 28th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Thank you so much for sharing this tutotial!
That's a gorgeous looking bun!

islandboo
April 28th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Thank you so much, maria_asa!! It is just beautiful :thud:

And the name is absolutely perfect! You did good :D

Nilyenea
April 29th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Very pretty bun. Thank you for sharing it.

MyKing'sQueen
April 30th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Beautiful! Can't wait till the morning to try it! My hair is in a French braid for sleep now:rolleyes:

bunzfan
April 30th, 2012, 02:31 AM
Lovely easy bun :thumbsup: i can just about do it with my waist length hair.

Rini
April 30th, 2012, 04:27 AM
OK....tried it. I have 2 questions: what is happening at about 0:36? It looks like you are dividing the loop you pulled through..is that right? And secondly, who is that person walking around in the background? :D (geez I'm nosy!!)

MyKing'sQueen
April 30th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Unfortunately I need a bit more length and less taper to be able to do this:(

islandboo
April 30th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Here's my first attempt:
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa245/auntbootoo/1a447b2f.jpg

I need to work on the tension some but I really like it! It's extremely comfortable.

maria_asa
May 1st, 2012, 12:51 PM
OK....tried it. I have 2 questions: what is happening at about 0:36? It looks like you are dividing the loop you pulled through..is that right? And secondly, who is that person walking around in the background? :D (geez I'm nosy!!)

No, I'm not dividing the loop. The loop I'm holding with my middle finger is created by the first wrapping around. I hope that makes sense.
The person in the background is my bf. Apparently me standing in the living room with a camera on a tripod behind me fixing my hair is not a good enough clue for him that I'm busy and might not be able to answer his questions and solve his problems right there and then. :rolleyes:

Islandboo, I'm glad you managed to make it and that you like it. I agree on the comfortable part, I just wore it through two days of very heavy gardening work and it didn't move at all.

Xi
May 3rd, 2012, 02:59 PM
Lovely! I am going to try this tonight. Thanks for the video. :blossom:

jacqueline101
May 3rd, 2012, 04:46 PM
I think your hair is lovely.

PurplePenguin
May 3rd, 2012, 05:02 PM
Ultra pretty bun! And lovely name, it really suits.

catamonica
May 3rd, 2012, 05:02 PM
That is a beautiful bun. Is your video on you tube? I want to try it.

WaitingSoLong
June 21st, 2012, 11:01 AM
I finally got around to trying this bun and I LOVE IT. I only have one matching set of sticks but they work. It holds really solid and is comfortable, too. :) Finally, something different! I have been doing the same buns for years.

Neecola
June 21st, 2012, 01:21 PM
Very cool! I'll save this to my "One day it will be long enough to do..." list. Thanks for sharing~

letibear
June 21st, 2012, 04:00 PM
That looks great, thank you for sharing :D

thystle
June 21st, 2012, 06:13 PM
I'm going to have to hunt up my only pair of sticks and try this one, it looks really nice!

Fairlight63
June 22nd, 2012, 07:08 AM
Thank you for the video. Your hair is very beautiful & love the bun!
The video was very good & easy to understand!
You should do more tutorials!

BrightEyes
June 22nd, 2012, 08:11 AM
Very cool! I'll save this to my "One day it will be long enough to do..." list. Thanks for sharing~

Me too LOL! The bun is beautiful, thanks for sharing:)

Milui Elenath
June 22nd, 2012, 08:54 AM
Just to clarify is the difference between the celtic knot bun and the the blossom that you are pulling the first loop in the other direction? (Does that make sense?)

Celtic blossom bun is a beautiful name!

woolyleprechaun
June 22nd, 2012, 09:02 AM
I cant wait to try this....mabe in a year or so! :P

nobeltonya
June 22nd, 2012, 03:48 PM
That's neat. :D I still haven't been able to get a celtic knot to stay at all.. :cheese: