PDA

View Full Version : 'Cone free products!

CurlySasha
April 25th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Hi everyone!
Can you recommend any good 'cone free conditioners and leave-ins please? Preferably easy to find, and from the drugstore.
ETA: Please not VO5 or Suave! ;)

rowie
April 25th, 2012, 08:39 PM
I'd recommend the L'OREAL EverSleek line. It is sulfate free and silicone free. It lathers well for me and the conditioner is nice and creamy.

Laylah
April 25th, 2012, 08:41 PM
My absolute favorite conditioner ever happens to be a coneless one - Everyday Shea conditioner. (http://reviews.longhaircommunity.com/showproduct.php/product/434/cat/all) I have the lavender one, but they also have vanilla and unscented. It's from whole foods, though. It's about $10 for 1 quart. I use it both as a regular conditioner and sometimes as a leave in.

CurlySasha
April 25th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Thank you :) Unfortunately where I live (Canada) there isn't Whole Foods! So no Everyday Shea for me! But I will definitely check out the L'Oreal EverSleek line :D

HintOfMint
April 25th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Tresemme Naturals has a line of cone-free conditioners (volumizing, sleek, moisturizing... etc). I actually really like the sleek one.

And I hear ya on V05 and Suave. I use them for my first leg of CWC or for an SMT, but they're not great for actual conditioning.

As far as leave-in conditioners go, it's hard for me to recommend one because my hair is so fussy with them. I can't really give a recommendation on personal experience. My best experience has been with oils (olive, jojoba, coconut) which you could probably find at a grocery store. Right now I'm experimenting with using castor oil as a pre-wash oil (well away from my roots), and then after I get out of the shower, I dab on a tiny bit of jojoba oil on the ends. So far, that's been working better than any leave-in I've tried. Castor oil is at most pharmacies.

I have heard good things about Giovanni's Direct Leave-in conditioner, but again, my hair didn't really like it.

mendy
April 25th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Sadly, I have given up on finding natural, low-priced drugstore brands that work for me and now spend $ on most products. But...you know what's really good and not that much ($10) and available at drugstores here at least? Shea Moisture brand Restorative Conditioner. With your hair type, it would work well. I can only use a bit on the ends of my fine hair. It is great as both a rinse out and a leave-in.

yummie
April 26th, 2012, 12:15 AM
I'd recommend the L'OREAL EverSleek line. It is sulfate free and silicone free. It lathers well for me and the conditioner is nice and creamy.

^I agree! They have cone free serums that won't weigh your hair down

CurlySasha
April 26th, 2012, 05:51 AM
And I hear ya on V05 and Suave. I use them for my first leg of CWC or for an SMT, but they're not great for actual conditioning.

As far as leave-in conditioners go, it's hard for me to recommend one because my hair is so fussy with them. I can't really give a recommendation on personal experience. My best experience has been with oils (olive, jojoba, coconut) which you could probably find at a grocery store. Right now I'm experimenting with using castor oil as a pre-wash oil (well away from my roots), and then after I get out of the shower, I dab on a tiny bit of jojoba oil on the ends. So far, that's been working better than any leave-in I've tried. Castor oil is at most pharmacies.

Actually, I really want to try VO5, but they're not available to me! I love olive oil, but it's too heavy for me to use as a leave-in. I'll try to find coconut or castor oil :)

mendy
April 27th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Also, Alba leave-in is good on both damp and dry hair; prefer a little on damp for my hair type...