PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for next hair experiment?

TeaGarden
April 25th, 2012, 06:10 PM
I have way too much time on my hands and I'd love suggestions as to what I could try next! I've tried vinegar rinses and honey lightening. I like to make face masks as well. Any suggestions as to what I should try?

Other than henna. I have extremely light Swedish blonde hair and I don't want to play with cassia and turn it gold.

brave
April 25th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Do an SMT? I tried one the other day without the aloe (didn't have any) and it left my hair so soft!

TeaGarden
April 25th, 2012, 08:42 PM
What does smt stand for? o.o

HintOfMint
April 25th, 2012, 08:50 PM
How about different hairstyles? Youtube has so many different tutorials, you could browse for what you like. I personally love vintage inspired hairstyles (lots of pin curls and the like).

pepperminttea
April 25th, 2012, 08:53 PM
What does smt stand for? o.o

SMT stands for Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment. Here's a link (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128). :) Think of it as conditioner with a bit more 'oomph'.

LaurelSpring
April 25th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Yes, SMTs are fun. How about some Indian herbs. I have tried aritha (soapnuts), shikakai, neem, methi and amla. Oh and catnip!! Do check out the catnip for split ends thread and give that a shot. I love how catnip makes my hair feel.

*note catnip can add some blonde highlights, there is lots of info in the thread