PDA

View Full Version : Vatika oil question

rock007junkie
April 25th, 2012, 01:16 PM
I've noticed that Vatika oil comes in two sizes. A smaller one in a white bottle and a green one in a larger bottle....are these two different types of oils? Is there a difference in the ingredients or merely on the outside appereance?

spookyghost
April 25th, 2012, 05:15 PM
I dont know. I have only seen the green bottle but I dont know the ingredients. There is a girl on you tube that talks about how she loves vatika oil and I think she has the green bottle. I think she goes by lenni girl or lenni girlie. She gives really nice reviews/advice on hair and hair products:D

Jadecas
April 25th, 2012, 09:30 PM
i love leni.in the green bottle is Vatika coconut oil with lemon!i think the clear is amla oil or jasmine oil and its has almond oil also

Mrsbaybeegurl
April 25th, 2012, 10:02 PM
I love Lenni too! I have the same bottle she shows in her video and I really like it. I think it has a nice scent, almost like a cologne or fresh body wash smell, not overpowering tho :) It does comes out basically white so I am not sure about how all those herbs are in there, it does stay hard like coconut oil but you can tell there must be other things in there because it's not exactly the same and I do prefer it over regular coconut oil as it gives me great conditioning and DOES wash out easily for me which is something coconut oil doesn't always do for me.

ETA: I wanted to list the ingredients on my bottle ... Ingredients: Coconut oil, Neem, Brahmi, Fruit extracts of amla, bahera and harar, kapur kachri, Henna, Milk, rosemary oil, lemon oil, TBHQ (t-butyl hydroquinone), fragrance.

Also my bottle is light green with a rounded dark green cap. It's 150ml but the same bottle also comes in a 300ml size as well. I can't speak for the other bottles and their contents but I recommend the one I have ;)

sarahbrownie
April 25th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Be careful, there is one version of Vatika that contains mineral oil (the US version, I believe) and the one without (the bottle with the green cap). Check the ingredients first, unless you like mineral oil.

Mrsbaybeegurl
April 25th, 2012, 11:25 PM
I notice on the top of my bottle it says "Export Quality" Not sure what that may or may not indicate regaurding the version, it does say it's a product of UAE...so I'm guessing mine is not the US version, it also doesn't list any mineral oil as an ingredient :)

spookyghost
April 26th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Hey leni lovers!:D Isnt she great. Informative and fun to watch.

Can you ladies tell me what you think about this? I have been using mira hair oil on my roots and jamaican black dark castor oil on the length of my hair. I finally tried coconut oil on my length because I know its a penetrating oil and so many people love it. Im not sure if castor oil is a penetrating oil or not. And I dont think my hair like it:(:confused: I'm so bummbed.

It was wonderful putting it in my hair last night because it just glided thru it! Im used to the very thick castor oil which does not glide:lol: When I woke up this am it wasnt absorbed into my hair like I hear so many people saying. If I did put too much on it was only by a little bit. I washed it out with organic shampoo and conditoner and my hair looked dry-believe it or not. Any many fly aways. My hair does kinda look like this anyways because of my dry hair and bleach highlight damage but this made it look worse. Alot worse actually. Did my hair not like it? I know we are suppose to give things a long enough time to work but if my hair looked kinda bad maybe that doesnt apply then. When I first used castor oil my hair didnt do a complete 180 and look fantastic but it didnt look bad either. I could tell that it helped a little bit and was getting better as I went. I only switched to coconut oil on the length because of its penetrating ability as my hair needs moisture bad-at least I think it does. I dont think my hair needs protein. I pulled out one hair and did the snap test and my hair snapped! It didnt stretch or anything. It just snapped. So that means my hair needs moisture right?

So what do you think? I have this hair color appt on Friday and planned on putting it in my hair to help protect it and now Im not so sure.

Also, I have tried putting in a thread about my hair appt tomarrow because I need some major advice and opinions and it never showed up on the bored! I did it twice. Does anyone know why? Im I still too much of a newbie? I posted a thread on sunless tanners and it came up right away! Im going to go to my hair appt without some advice and that scares me:(

Sorry so so long everyone!

spookyghost
April 26th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Oooh-I almost forgot! Do you think maybe I should switch to the vatika oil instead of straight coconut?:D

afu
April 26th, 2012, 09:11 AM
I have both virgin coconut oil and the green bottle of vatika (bought it because it was cheaper than the vco), i tend to use the virgin coconut more just because i use that for my body as well and one tub is convenient, i tend to forget about the vatika. I do love the smell of vatika though, and the only thing that puts me off is that it contains henna. I have bleach highlights and although ive not experienced any colour change from previous use im scared that it will make my hair turn brassy if used regularly.

With regards to it not adding as much moisture as you wanted, are you making sure you add lots of moisture before you add the coconut oil? coconut oil does penetrate the hair and also seals it to an extent; so i find the best results are from applying a little normal conditioner to damp hair after the shower, leaving it to dry an other 5mins in a turban then applying the coconut oil. might be worth trying.

I use virgin coconut oil applied at least an hour before having my highlights done and it works amazingly for damage control, im not sure if the other oils/herbs in vatika would interfere so my advice would be to stick to plain coconut oil for that purpose if you have it

rock007junkie
April 26th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Be careful, there is one version of Vatika that contains mineral oil (the US version, I believe) and the one without (the bottle with the green cap). Check the ingredients first, unless you like mineral oil.

This is exactly why I asked. I'm trying to avoid mineral oil. neither of the bottle say they have it. They are bith made by the same company but the bottle looks different and so does the lettering. I'm just afraid that one bottle may not be the same and have failed to include evil ingredients.

spookyghost
April 26th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I have both virgin coconut oil and the green bottle of vatika (bought it because it was cheaper than the vco), i tend to use the virgin coconut more just because i use that for my body as well and one tub is convenient, i tend to forget about the vatika. I do love the smell of vatika though, and the only thing that puts me off is that it contains henna. I have bleach highlights and although ive not experienced any colour change from previous use im scared that it will make my hair turn brassy if used regularly.

With regards to it not adding as much moisture as you wanted, are you making sure you add lots of moisture before you add the coconut oil? coconut oil does penetrate the hair and also seals it to an extent; so i find the best results are from applying a little normal conditioner to damp hair after the shower, leaving it to dry an other 5mins in a turban then applying the coconut oil. might be worth trying.

I use virgin coconut oil applied at least an hour before having my highlights done and it works amazingly for damage control, im not sure if the other oils/herbs in vatika would interfere so my advice would be to stick to plain coconut oil for that purpose if you have it

Afu-I did not know about making sure I have lots of moisture before I coconut oil! I put it on dry hair:eek: So before my appointment tomarrow, I will wash my hair and put the coconut oil on damp hair and then let air dry the rest of the way? I dont want to over oil this right? I just dont want it interfering with the color.

Thanks so much!:D BTW, I found my thread that I said I couldnt find:p

Mrsbaybeegurl
April 26th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Dabur Vatika Olive enriched oil and I believe the Amla oil both contain mineral oil, but they clearly say it in the ingredients so I think as long as the ingredients listed on the bottle do not say mineral oil than you are in the clear as they disclose that ingredient in their other products.

nesser33
May 19th, 2012, 03:08 AM
The Dabur Vatika oil that is in the light green bottle with the green cap like the one shown here: (I just typed dabur vatika into google and took the first correct picture that showed up XD) http://my.opera.com/TropicalMagic/albums/showpic.dml?album=3684612&picture=53641592
does not have any mineral oil. The first ingredient in this oil is coconut oil. I use this oil on my hair, and I also avoid mineral oil like the plague!

ChloeDharma
May 19th, 2012, 03:55 PM
If you are avoiding mineral oil then the original vatika oil does not contain it.
Vatika Enriched Coconut Hair Oil (http://www.spicesofindia.co.uk/acatalog/Dabur-Vatika-Enriched-Coconut-Hair-Oil-Dabur.html#aHBE008_2dp)

Ingredients:
Coconut Oil, Neem, Brahmi, Fruit extracts of Amla, Bahera and Harar, Kapur Kachri, Henna, Milk, Rosemary Oil, Lemon Oil, TBHQ, Fragrance.

The one with mineral oil is this
Vatika Coconut Enriched Hair Oil (http://www.spicesofindia.co.uk/acatalog/Dabur-Vatika-Coconut-Enriched-Hair-Oil.html#aHBE156)

Ingredients: Paraffinum Liquidum, Canola Oil, Palm Oil, Olea Eurpoaea (Olive) Oil, Lawsonia Inermis (Henna) Extract, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Parfum, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Avobenzone, Acetate, Citrus Limonum (Lemon) Oil, Tert Butyl Hydro Quinone , Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary )Oil, Vitamin E.

Note that the one without mineral oil is Enriched Coconut and the one with mineral oil is Coconut Enriched.

There is also a Reformulated Vatika Enriched Coconut Hair Oil (http://www.dabur.com/Products-Personal%20Care-Vatika%20Hair%20Oil) but the ingredients seem very similar except they added soya lecithin

Each 100 ml of oil is prepared from:
Mehndi (Lawsonia inermis) 0.10g, Amla (Emblica officinalis) 0.10g, Harar (Teminalia chebula) 0.10g, Bahera (Terminalia bellirica) 0.10g, Neem (Azadirachta indica) 0.30g, Brahmi (Centella asiatica) 0.30g, Kapur Kachri (Hedychium spicatum) 0.10g, Dugha 0.0375ml, Lemon oil 0.01ml, Rosemary oil 0.02ml, Soya lecithin 0.25ml, Sugandhit Dravyas 0.17ml, Nariyal Tail (Cocos nucifera) Q.S.
(http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=300829&postcount=15)

I hope that helps any confusion.

afu
May 19th, 2012, 03:59 PM
the vatika enriched almond oil also contains mineral oil, I havn't tried it though

ChloeDharma
May 19th, 2012, 04:01 PM
the vatika enriched almond oil also contains mineral oil, I havn't tried it though

That i have seen, all other oils by Dabur contain mineral oil. Vatika Enriched Coconut is the only one they produce that does not contain it as far as i'm aware.