PDA

View Full Version : ColourB4 / Color Oops Experience

Flossiebell
April 25th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Hi All

I really wanted to share my experience with you in the hope that others may not suffer my pain.
After looking on the LHC forum I had seen a thread that people have used this product to get rid of henna without causing any damage to hair, so after lots of reading I bought a box of ColourB4 (Color Oops is USA version I believe) Extra Strength as I have old box dyes under my henna and the build up was getting way too dark. So, I mixed it up and put it on my head, but was coughing the whole time due to the chemical smell - I have never had this reaction before. Anyway, time came to rinse off which took half and hour or more (rinsing that is) and my hair was sooooooo dry. Put plenty of rich conditioner mask on and left for another half hour then rinsed. Well apart from the fact that my hair was bright orange (expected), it smelled really bad of eggs / stink bombs. Fast forward 4 - 5 weeks...
My hair is damaged, still smells eggy when wet/damp, and my scalp is not very happy. It has been itchy and very sore, my hair hurts my scalp if you know what I mean (I cannot even wear a loose ponytail low on my head) and I have been combing out handfuls of hair all over the floor :(
The only plus to this is that it does what it says, it lifted the dark chemical dyes out of my hair, but to be honest I don't think it was worth doing considering the effects of it.
If anyone is thinking of using this product, I would suggest SERIOUS thought goes into it. I have never had a reaction of this sort to anything. I have had to throw shampoos away and I am currently using an aloe vera shampoo and conditioner from the health food shop in the hope that it will help. I am not going near my hair with anything chemical ever ever again.

sarelis
April 25th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Sorry you had such a nasty reaction, I hope your scalp calms down soon. I used Colour B4 Extra Strength to remove my black dye, 3 x 1 hour long treatments with heat, my scalp was fine. It did leave my hair pretty dry, & the stripped parts now don't like taking colour in the same way, but some deep treatments helped with the dryness. Maybe you have an allergic reaction to some of the ingredients? Some piriton or something may help :)

Flossiebell
April 26th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Thanks, I never thought of that. I'll give it a whirl :)

woolyleprechaun
April 26th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Im very sorry this has happened to you! Im glad you posted, I was going to try this today to lift my old dye from under my henna. It does sound like you've mabe had a bad reaction, so antihystemines may be good :)
How bad is the condition? Is it just dry or totaly wrecked?
Hope you get well soon...:)

pink.sara
April 26th, 2012, 10:29 AM
It sounds like an allergic reaction. :(

I'd second the antihistamine suggestion.

Personally I've used extra strength colour B4 dozens of times for over 2 hours at a time with heat and apart from temporary dryness for the next wash from all the rinsing, never had any damage or adverse reaction.
I've actually got 2 boxes on standby to go red this weekend!

Sorry to hear this has happened and I hope you can calm your reaction soon :flower:

leilasahhar
April 26th, 2012, 10:33 AM
It may be an allergic reaction, but color oops made my hair a nightmare too a few years back, I think it makes it look and feel worse than bleach. Ive had to cut off alot and its just now getting its bounce back.

lolot
April 26th, 2012, 10:42 AM
ouch that sounds really bad, so sorry i hope you and your hair get better soon :grouphug: