View Full Version : co wash help!

amanda_the_tall
April 24th, 2012, 06:43 PM
since i recently was informed i'm a wavy, i've tried co washing for two days, and my waves are extremely diminished. i was around a 2a/b when i did the hair typing, but now i'm around a 1b! has anyone else experienced this? is there a certain amount of time before the hair adjusts and the waves come back? i tried scrunching/plopping but it just made a mess, unlike the first time i did it. or i could be over-reacting and need more time to see what happens. right now i'm using vo5 kiwi lime and shea cashmere.

Hollyfire3
April 24th, 2012, 06:59 PM
since i recently was informed i'm a wavy, i've tried co washing for two days, and my waves are extremely diminished. i was around a 2a/b when i did the hair typing, but now i'm around a 1b! has anyone else experienced this? is there a certain amount of time before the hair adjusts and the waves come back? i tried scrunching/plopping but it just made a mess, unlike the first time i did it. or i could be over-reacting and need more time to see what happens. right now i'm using vo5 kiwi lime and shea cashmere.

Vo5 makes my hair greasy and straight, its not a miracle at all for me. I have just started CO with Suave naturals and while my hair isn't perfect yet, it scrunches better than when I used shampoo, the suave is cheap so maybe try this? Also, are you rinsing well enough? Since your hair is thinner, you may be weighing it down?I would rinse well and maybe try a different conditioner don't give up yet, stick with me and give it at least 2 weeks, I am doing the same, as hard as it is.

amanda_the_tall
April 24th, 2012, 07:15 PM
oh yay, i'm glad someone else knows what i'm going through! i was eyeballing the suave and the vo5 in the store, but now i'm gonna be mad if i just bought two vo5's that aren't going to work, lol. and i think i'm rinsing enough... all the times i've done co washing before was with 'cones, maybe that's making a difference since i haven't gone cone free before.

amanda_the_tall
April 24th, 2012, 07:16 PM
btw hollyfire, my dad and i used to watch charmed together all the time! your avatar always makes me smile :)

sazzie88
April 25th, 2012, 03:07 AM
Chrmed is fantastic! ;)

I would try something very light ( usually cheap works best), do you wash everyday? If that is the case and you have only done it for two days then its just your hair adjusting.

If not I would try clarifying. :)

I had a weighed down trouble after 5/6 months of Co washing and only just found out I had to clarify