PDA

View Full Version : My new favorite hairstyle!

WickedWurlys
April 24th, 2012, 05:19 PM
http://blog.modcloth.com/2012/02/03/in-the-thick-of-it-3-fancy-hairstyles-for-thick-haired-ladies/

I hope this takes, b/c I am technologically challenged. But I loved this so much, I had to share!!!

ETA: i'm crazy about the bottom one, what a great idea!!

Red89
April 24th, 2012, 05:37 PM
I love the first one! The last one reminds me of Adele's hair. Thanks for sharing. I will be trying the first one tomorrow :)

WickedWurlys
April 24th, 2012, 05:43 PM
I love the first one! The last one reminds me of Adele's hair. Thanks for sharing. I will be trying the first one tomorrow :)

Yaay! Let us know how it turns out :)

Amber_Maiden
April 24th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Love the first one!!

Long_hair_bear
April 24th, 2012, 06:38 PM
I too love the first one! It would look gorgeous with nightbloomings finishing pins, don't you think?

Artisticat
April 24th, 2012, 07:16 PM
In my dreams to have a bun as big as that someday!

darklyndsea
April 24th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Why would any hairstyle for thick hair require you to tease? :rolleyes: I don't know about you, but the last thing I want is for my hair to look like it's even thicker than it already is.

WickedWurlys
April 24th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Why would any hairstyle for thick hair require you to tease? :rolleyes: I don't know about you, but the last thing I want is for my hair to look like it's even thicker than it already is.

Oh heavens no, I'm waaay to curly to tease anything, lol!! What I loved about that one was the lil baby bun then laying the layers over it. I think it would be a great alternative for ladies that use bumpits & such.

I too love the Adele, but I have so nany layers that I don't think I could pull that one off. Just love these though!

shutterpillar
April 24th, 2012, 07:26 PM
I love all these, but seeing pictures of anyone teasing their hair makes me cringe! lol.

Maelyssa
April 24th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Very pretty! I like the braided bun too.

PurplePenguin
April 24th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Aww these are all so pretty, I wish I could do them. Maybe one day :shrug:

WickedWurlys
April 24th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Aww these are all so pretty, I wish I could do them. Maybe one day :shrug:

You'll get there purple, don't worry :)

Long_hair_bear
April 25th, 2012, 10:44 AM
I put the first one in my hair today! It's a tad messy, as my hairstyles tend to be, but it's a pretty type messy. :)

WickedWurlys
April 25th, 2012, 10:55 AM
I put the first one in my hair today! It's a tad messy, as my hairstyles tend to be, but it's a pretty type messy. :)

Oooh, you did it!! So glad it worked for you! It looked pretty complicated. Pics??

wendylai
April 25th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Wow i looove the first one! Only I'm afraid I have too fine & thin hair to really pull it off. But Iäll take on it one day and see how we go!

Long_hair_bear
April 25th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Oooh, you did it!! So glad it worked for you! It looked pretty complicated. Pics??

As far as I know, pic uploading still doesn't work on here, so it'll have to wait. :(

WickedWurlys
April 25th, 2012, 01:29 PM
As far as I know, pic uploading still doesn't work on here, so it'll have to wait. :(

Awww, dangit! I wanted to see it. Is that why I can't seem to load any in my album?

darklyndsea
April 25th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Oh heavens no, I'm waaay to curly to tease anything, lol!! What I loved about that one was the lil baby bun then laying the layers over it. I think it would be a great alternative for ladies that use bumpits & such.
I didn't think that anyone here was teasing! Just, in general, when a style says "for thick hair" and then it says "tease your hair" I kind of wonder if anybody with thick hair was actually involved in creating/writing about the style.

MonicaJean
April 25th, 2012, 03:38 PM
OMG I'm loving that first one. The braided bun... Oh man... come on hair, grow! lol (and maybe get thicker?) :)

dwell_in_safety
April 25th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Minus the teasing and backcombing, I really liked these.

longcurlygirl<3
April 25th, 2012, 04:05 PM
those are really cute! But the teasing scared me :/

WickedWurlys
April 25th, 2012, 04:13 PM
those are really cute! But the teasing scared me :/

^For sure on the teasing, plus her hair is straight. I think you just modify to preferences and own hairtype. I did the bottom one w/the baby bun by using those baby spin pins (the 1/2 size ones), then just set the top layer over it and it looked good. I kinda felt like my Mom's old yearbook pics, tee hee

I loved it!

marykatz
April 25th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I think the last one might be Snooki inspired..

jacqueline101
April 25th, 2012, 09:28 PM
I like the first one.

ApatheticFairy
April 25th, 2012, 11:10 PM
The bun-bouffant is genius. I never thought to try that. I think I have a new favorite work hair-do (with the rest of the hair in a twist, though.)

The braid bun is really cute, but my hair's not long enough yet. Anyone have good ideas for hair that is still in the "my braid is so dang STUBBY and short" phase? I can do Chinese bun from the archives, but that's about it.

WickedWurlys
April 26th, 2012, 12:10 AM
The bun-bouffant is genius. I never thought to try that. I think I have a new favorite work hair-do (with the rest of the hair in a twist, though.)

The braid bun is really cute, but my hair's not long enough yet. Anyone have good ideas for hair that is still in the "my braid is so dang STUBBY and short" phase? I can do Chinese bun from the archives, but that's about it.

Hmmm, I like the french twist on short for up-does cuz you can just kind of roll it & bring the other 1/2 over & almost "fake it" if ya need to. Just a thought. I like your idea though for your work do.

Grace69
December 9th, 2021, 12:22 PM
http://blog.modcloth.com/2012/02/03/in-the-thick-of-it-3-fancy-hairstyles-for-thick-haired-ladies/

I hope this takes, b/c I am technologically challenged. But I loved this so much, I had to share!!!

ETA: i'm crazy about the bottom one, what a great idea!!

My experience with Modcloth has been fantastic. I've placed about 5 large orders through SPAM CODES with them so far. Nothing's been late, nothing's gotten messed up. Returning the items I didn't want was a breeze. And the clothes, how I love them! Quirky, unique, interesting - all the kind of stuff I can't find at Macy's or Kohl's that's for sure. The nearest rival is Anthropologie, who is catering to a much more rich, upscale crowd than Modcloth. For those of us in the middle, who want a little more, Modcloth is a godsend.