PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with my hair.

Raging Wolf
April 24th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am just isn't quite ready to go gray at 42. I have been using Natural Instincts by Nutrist, but it is really drying out my hair. My natural color is espresso (soft black). I happened to stumble on this site in my quest for natural coloring for my hair. I could really use some help and advise please.

Thank you.

http://www.ecocolors.net/

swearnsue
April 24th, 2012, 02:09 PM
I've been coloring my grays with henna and I like it very much because it's good for my hair and scalp. There are other herbs you can mix with henna to get a dark brown, a good website is hennaforhair.com.

jeanniet
April 24th, 2012, 02:19 PM
I've used Elumen and been quite happy with its coverage on my resistant grays. If you consider going the henna/indigo route, be very careful and strand test first. Henna generally sticks very well to gray hair, but indigo may not, and if it doesn't you'll have red strands throughout your dark hair. This can look just fine to a point, but if it's too much it's a little odd.

swearnsue
April 24th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I've used Elumen and been quite happy with its coverage on my resistant grays. If you consider going the henna/indigo route, be very careful and strand test first. Henna generally sticks very well to gray hair, but indigo may not, and if it doesn't you'll have red strands throughout your dark hair. This can look just fine to a point, but if it's too much it's a little odd.

This is true, thank you for sharing that. My grays turn a bright copper on me but I like it and isn't for everyone! Good grief. Indigo fades or tends to fade and the henna doesn't.

Raging Wolf
April 24th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Where do you get your Elumen, Jeanniet? It sounds great.