PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me acheive this style?

Snivellus
March 15th, 2008, 05:17 PM
First of all, hello! Former lurker turned member finally! =D

http://www.short-hair-style.com/images/long_hair_red_after01.jpghttp://www.short-hair-style.com/images/long_hair_red_after02.jpg
http://www.short-hair-style.com/long-hair-style-2006.html

Isn't her hair pretty?
I was wondering if someone could help me with the style. The instructions are really vague...
I can get my hair like that naturally, but only sometimes. I have to leave it in a low ponytail for a day or two to straighten out the hair above the ears. It's not very efficient at all. I've heard of using really big rolls, but I have no experience in them. I have no idea where to put them, what direction to roll them etc.
I'd appreciate any help you all could give me. =]

florenonite
March 15th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Is your username from Harry Potter, perchance?

You could try damp bunning, taking it out before bed, and then sleeping on it. I get something similar to this if I do that. What's your hairtype?

LilyMunster
March 15th, 2008, 05:59 PM
The two roller thing is this:
with freshly washed, damp hair put in scrunchie ponytail atop your head. I use velvet. Then you would use 2 or 3 magnetic rollers for the length. Then sleep on it.
That does the trick for me.:o

Leisha
March 15th, 2008, 06:16 PM
It looks nice!

Maybe you could try "sock curling"? I don't have a link to any how-to though...

But basically you divide your hair down the middle of your head. On each side, take a sock :) put the ends of your hair in the "heel" part and sort of fold them in so the don't poke out (I think that is to make sure the ends don't end up being straight while the rest of the hair is wavy/curly). then just roll the sock up to about ear height and make a knot in it!

I think you're supposed to do that on slightly damp hair and then sleep in it so it dries with the sock in it.

ETA: Ah I found a link (http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28882). You have to scroll down a little. (Unfortunately, the page where you could find pictures to accompany the instructions doesn't seem to work.)

Iona
March 15th, 2008, 11:25 PM
I love that sort of hair styling!

Thank you for posting this. I've never been able to figure out how it was done (without heat of course), but I've always wanted to learn how to get those soft waves.

I know damp bunning works for some people but it never has for me (the hair at my neck absolutely refuses to dry when I do).

I'll have to try the magnetic rollers and sock buns, thank you both for the instructions!:D

Anlbe
March 16th, 2008, 04:11 AM
That is a lovely hairstyle, thank you for posting it.

I'm sadly very lazy with my hair but the easiest way to get those sort of curls is to use one of those bun donuts with a popper or a string, or even just take a donut and cut it once . Take a piece of silk and wrap it around the donut thingy like a sweet, with enough silk at each end so that you can tie them in a knot. With freshly washed hair put all your hair as though your about to put it into a bun then use the donut thing like a large roller until all your hair in a bun on top of your head then tie the silk in a bow or double knot. I find I can easily sleep with my hair like that and in the morning pretty big curls that start at my jaw line.

The first day they only last three or four hours but if I do it two nights in a row they stay all day. If you have thick hair or very long hair you might need two of the bun things.

Also the lady in the picture does have slight layering at the front to soften the front.

mugglemomof3
March 17th, 2008, 05:10 PM
What a great question! I'll have to think about this and try some things on my own hair before I'd have any answers for you, but I wanted to say Hi! in the meantime. That is a fantastic hairstyle. :magic:

lora410
March 17th, 2008, 05:55 PM
I'd say a few smaller buns on top of your head left in overnight would do it. My hair comes out alot like this with one bun because I have layers

jojo
March 17th, 2008, 06:51 PM
thats a lovely style and the colour is fantastic, post pictures if you manage to get the style, with instructions of course xx

mugglemomof3
April 3rd, 2008, 04:27 PM
Well, I've tried two things thus far and did not end up with my hair looking quite right.

The first one I made three buns on the nape of my neck right after towel-drying and left them all day. I got waves, but not tight enough.

So the next time I made a ponytail on the top of my head and made about 8 pincurl curls (secured with bobby pins) and let my hair dry that way. Still not right and this time I ended up with a weird curve due to the ponytail holder.

I'm going to try making as many pincurl curls on the nape of my neck this weekend as I can and let my hair dry that way and see what happens.

Anyone else?

prosperina
April 3rd, 2008, 04:33 PM
A low damp bun. Then a big barreled curling iron to define the curls a bit more. Unless you're opposed to heat....then I'd do the high bun on top of your head with curlers. Although you have to be careful with the curlers because if you put too many or do them too tightly, you won't get the right look. Those look like big loose curls to me.

Alaskanheart
April 3rd, 2008, 06:00 PM
I have no recomendations for styling natural, It is beautiful though.

I think if it was done profesionally. The stylist would put lots of products in your hair and then blowdry straight (wet of course), if your hairs too curly they might have to straight iron it

Next they would use large hot rollers to roll your hair up only to the nape , probably in random directions to create a more natural curl.Or metal ones and put you under the drier.

Then they would probably put more products in and use a round barrel iron to define the curls.

then they would lightly use their hands to fluff very gently without manipulating the curl to much, and put a finishing/holding spray on your hair.

The bangs would probably be roller face away from your face on each side.

Of course thats just what I imagine how it would be done from all the beauty magazines Ive read.

So beautiful!Good luck with the style