PDA

View Full Version : First timer hair help

writer_mom
April 23rd, 2012, 05:28 PM
Hi and thanks in advance for the help.

I am just getting into taking care of my new BSL hair and I am in need of some basic tips and trouble shooting skills for my current hair type, 1a-1b/c-m/ii.

My hair used to curl well with little effort (I have never used heat, even hairdryers) but now it won't hold a curl at all. The strands feel bumpy, but are hard to break, and anytime I use a BBB I have a static poof problem.

I kicked the washing everyday habit and try to do it only every two, at least. I am not in the habit of using gels and other products, even conditioner.

Is there anything I can do to repair any damage that might be causing the inability to hold a dry curl? If not then what would you suggest doing as a routine to make my hair healthy and maintain that health.

my photo is the current state of my hair. Thanks again for the help. (sorry if the avatar photo is too small)

writer_mom
April 23rd, 2012, 07:49 PM
Edit: I was also wondering if coconut milk would be okay to use as a protien treatment? If so how should I go about doing this? I have real raw coconut milk from making my own coconut flour.

Madora
April 23rd, 2012, 08:06 PM
Writer Mom..as far as the bbb is concerned, you can eliminate much of the static if you follow each swipe of the brush with your other hand. The brush is the plus (+) and the hand is the minus (-). Brush slowly down the hair to the end, and use the other hand to go down the length slowly.