PDA

View Full Version : Concert Hair!

Clem_Dela
April 23rd, 2012, 03:33 PM
hello everyone!

so tomorrow night i'm going to see The Black Keys!!!!

I'm pretty sure i know what i'm wearing (shorts, tee shirt, chucks) but i haven't decided on my hair!

Should I do something crazy with it or leave it down and show off the length? :D

so excited! i'd love to hear some opinions! this is my first concert

ladylowtide
April 23rd, 2012, 03:41 PM
My last concert I remember going to was very sweaty affair. (even though it was indoors). I think it is fun to have some hair to shimmy around, so I would opt for a half up, half down bohemian vibe. Maybe french braid (or french rope braid only pulling sections from the front of your hairline) your bangs and front layers (with hair parted to one side) braid down to the top of the ear, then braid regularly (or rope braid regularly down the length on both sides (the one off while you do the other). Then take a regular pony tail holder and tie the two together across the back of your head, over your down hair.

There you have it! A style that keeps the air out of your face, still looks modern, but keeps the length down in the back so you can show it off and you have something to move around should you feel like dancing around :D

I quite like this hairstyle with rope braids.

I should say that this style works for me and my hair is barely 24 inches and it has lots of short layers, my hair is also very slippery, it holds just fine.

novemberfoxtrot
April 23rd, 2012, 03:42 PM
I think you might want to wear it up. It will surely be crowded, and you have to keep your hair out of people's beer!! And no sticks, don't want to poke out any eyes!

Have fun!! and DANCE!!

leslissocool
April 23rd, 2012, 03:48 PM
I have no idea!

I go to a lot of concerts. My attire is cute black top (either cut off t-shirt or something fancy but firm in case someone pulls on it), shorts/jeans, and flat boots (something I can run away in!).

My hair though, it's always down. I listen to metal, I headbang a lot. I used to mosh a lot, but I have hernias now and I don't want to get hurt. I also wear ear plugs since I always go right up front! When DH plays I get to hang out on the private room and backstage, so I tend to look a bit more "dressed up" like wear dresses. But I always end up in front.

ETA: beer is good for hair though!

Freckled.Thing
April 23rd, 2012, 04:42 PM
I usually wear my hair down for concerts as a special treat to myself. It just so much fun to have my hair all around me when I dance. The only problem is that it gets HOT! When that happens I almost always end up putting my hair in a ponytail. It's nice to have the length down but I always feel guilty because I know how much damage I'm doing. Other times I'm actually clever about it and decide not to wear it down. I find that a dutch (or french) braid is a pretty good middle ground. Do whatever you think will make you happy, but remember that there will be a lot of people all crowded together and it will get very, very warm. And definitely keep a hair tie on hand just in case.

AdaClare
April 23rd, 2012, 06:24 PM
French braids would be nice, maybe do 2? :)

carolinaberry
April 23rd, 2012, 06:33 PM
hello everyone!

so tomorrow night i'm going to see The Black Keys!!!!

I'm pretty sure i know what i'm wearing (shorts, tee shirt, chucks) but i haven't decided on my hair!

Should I do something crazy with it or leave it down and show off the length? :D

so excited! i'd love to hear some opinions! this is my first concert

I always get really sweaty at concerts...even with shoulder-length hair. Also, people always grab at you, you'll be pushing through close-quarters. If you wear it down, you chance getting puke, beer, gum, and who-knows-what-else in it. Also, it could get pulled or tangled.

You could always wear it down to begin with and just keep a hair tie with you. But, if you want to do something interesting, I'd put it up.

Clem_Dela
April 23rd, 2012, 08:39 PM
Hi everyone, thanks for all the feedback!

I don't know if the beer/vomit/etc is going to be a problem, i'm going with my brother, sister, and their respective best friends and i'm not expecting to be at close quarters with any drunkenness but then again this is my first concert! so i don't really know. Anyway,

I wear my hair down a lot and am not too concerned about damage, i'm thinking about the rocker style.

I decided i'm wearing combat boots, cutoff short shorts, and a graphic tee... what kind of hair styles, half-up or up, would match that style and stay firm?

GoldberryHair
April 24th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Hi everyone, thanks for all the feedback!

I don't know if the beer/vomit/etc is going to be a problem, i'm going with my brother, sister, and their respective best friends and i'm not expecting to be at close quarters with any drunkenness but then again this is my first concert! so i don't really know. Anyway,

I wear my hair down a lot and am not too concerned about damage, i'm thinking about the rocker style.

I decided i'm wearing combat boots, cutoff short shorts, and a graphic tee... what kind of hair styles, half-up or up, would match that style and stay firm?
that sounds similar to me lol

I would wear a high pony, and then braid it (rope braid would look hella cool),

that way its up and out of your face, but you still show off length and it looks pretty edgy.

Clem_Dela
April 24th, 2012, 11:58 AM
update;

i finally decided! I committed hair sin this morning and straightened my hair to show off the length of it, and now it's in a bun until later.

I'm going to leave it down with very small fishtail accent braids through the body of it. I'm also thinking i'll have one fishtail braid crossing like a headband behind my bangs.

what do you think?

leslissocool
April 24th, 2012, 12:01 PM
update;

i finally decided! I committed hair sin this morning and straightened my hair to show off the length of it, and now it's in a bun until later.

I'm going to leave it down with very small fishtail accent braids through the body of it. I'm also thinking i'll have one fishtail braid crossing like a headband behind my bangs.

what do you think?

Sounds great! Take a picture if it when you are done!

Clem_Dela
April 24th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Sounds great! Take a picture if it when you are done!

will do! I can't wait B) i'm so excited to be going out tonight and showing off my mane a little bit. not to mention The Black Keys!!! haha.

aisha.christine
April 24th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Glad you found a hairstyle to work for you :)

Just wanted to pop in and say that I'm jealous you get to go see them! I've heard they put on a great show. :D
Have fun!

vindo
April 24th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Not sure what type of band it is, but I wear mine down for (black/folk/death) metal concerts so I can headbang.
Detangling works well with oil. :)

Maelyssa
April 24th, 2012, 07:44 PM
I'm going to a concert tomorrow that's a mix of metal, electronically, post hardcore, subscreamo type of stuff. The venue is rumored to be very hot but I'd live to wear it down. Glad to see this post, helped me decide...thanks!

Clem_Dela
April 25th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Well I'm home from the concert. I ended up just leaving my hair down and the braids didnt really show so i took them out. But I didn't care! I liked having it all down.

And yes, the Black Keys are AMAZING.
And yes, I danced my a$$ off.
And yes, when they started the encore, and the giant disco ball lowered, and Dan Auerbach's beautiful voice started crooning "Everlasting Light" into the mic, and light played over the crowd, my panties dropped so hard so fast that it caused a sonic boom between my knees.

Best show i have EVER seen and ever will see, hands down. To quote Pam Beasley; "Hmmm, how do I put this... IT ROCKED. IT ROCKED MY A$$ OFF."

I'll post any photos i have tomorrow! thanks ladies for your advice!

CajunBaby
April 25th, 2012, 12:59 AM
I vote for down! Last year i cheated and wore waist length extensions to a sevendust concert and i got hit on by two of the bandmembers. That's when i became a believer in the power of long flowing hair!!!! LOL

Clem_Dela
April 25th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Hi! I promised photos, so here is one;

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m32fznBb9a1rrkdauo1_500.jpg

I can't post all the photos I want to right now :( LHC is having some kind of problem with that... this one is from tumblr

the other photos i have are shirtless (from the back, don't worry) so you can see the length better, and i dont wanna post those on tumblr! it's safe her a LHC but the rest of the internet is not so innocent...

MandyBeth
April 25th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Usually I'm all for down, way more fun to headbang to.

But next concert for me is Rammstein and right up front. My hair is going back with nothing flammable in it. I may be routinely dumping water over my head.

ApatheticFairy
April 25th, 2012, 11:00 PM
I <3 your bangs, Clem_Dela.

I like doing a ton of little micro-braids (Rope braids) with the bangs out.In the Florida heat, you need air flow, and lawd it gets humid, so down = limp, sweaty roots, frizzy ends.

The headbanging and the water fights won't get the hair tangled. Because you know that when it comes down to it, if someone offers to pour water down your back/head... you're gonna say yes.

I had a few haters on it, saying I was trying to "be black" (I'm blonde and of German descent) but they were racist jerks.

Clem_Dela
April 26th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Usually I'm all for down, way more fun to headbang to.

But next concert for me is Rammstein and right up front. My hair is going back with nothing flammable in it. I may be routinely dumping water over my head.

wow- sounds like a REALLY fun concert!!!

Clem_Dela
April 26th, 2012, 10:16 AM
I <3 your bangs, Clem_Dela.

I like doing a ton of little micro-braids (Rope braids) with the bangs out.In the Florida heat, you need air flow, and lawd it gets humid, so down = limp, sweaty roots, frizzy ends.

The headbanging and the water fights won't get the hair tangled. Because you know that when it comes down to it, if someone offers to pour water down your back/head... you're gonna say yes.

I had a few haters on it, saying I was trying to "be black" (I'm blonde and of German descent) but they were racist jerks.

thank you!!! so do I :3

microbraids are fun! i thoughtabout doing something like that but with all different types of braids, and all the braids are down the center, mohawk style, very punk. But I thought maybe it was a little too punk. Next time I really want to do this!

and screw those haters! we do what we want :~)

meeliah
April 26th, 2012, 10:21 AM
I love doing concert hair! Usually, I'll wear mine up because I get so hot, but I make sure its special. Usually I'll do several robe braids up on the crown of my head with ribbons or some type of accent. Then I'll bun each one up into rosettes. Its the only time I really get compliments on my hair and I think its just because of the fun factor.