PDA

View Full Version : Nat. Blondes- carpet match the drapes?

Magdalene
April 23rd, 2012, 09:36 AM
This is a question for natural blondes only- does your body hair/pubic hair match the hair on your head? I get so many people convinced that if you are a natural blonde it will match, yet of the natural blondes I know (myself included) it doesn't match (my body hair is blonde, but my pubic hair is natually dark)

auburntressed
April 23rd, 2012, 09:43 AM
LOL! Redheads get asked the same question... I wonder why no one seems to care if brunettes or ravens match?

I think it is normal for hair that has never seen the sun to be a bit darker shade than hair that has - where ever on the body it sits.

PorkChop
April 23rd, 2012, 09:43 AM
Ive put match. My natural hair colour now is a darker blonde, and I class down below as dark blonde too.

lunalocks
April 23rd, 2012, 09:45 AM
I always thought that bit in the movie MASH perpetuated the myth that the carpet has to match the drapes.

Carissamarie08
April 23rd, 2012, 09:45 AM
I'm a natural blonde and I can say that the "hair down there" on me is light brown hahah... But I get rid of it all so I never see it.

elbow chic
April 23rd, 2012, 09:46 AM
No, it is about the same color as my eyebrows, which are also a few shades darker, sort of a dark ash color. Not quite "brown" but certainly not as light as my head-hair.

and YES I have been asked this question many times over the years. lol

whitedove
April 23rd, 2012, 09:54 AM
Erm well from what I have discovered/learned that many peoples pubic hair is same colour of their eyebrow/lash hair rather than their head hair. I worked with 1 lady who assumed that everyone had brown pubes :run:.

auburntressed
April 23rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
Erm well from what I have discovered/learned that many peoples pubic hair is same colour of their eyebrow/lash hair rather than their head hair. I worked with 1 lady who assumed that everyone had brown pubes :run:.
My eyelashes actually don't match my eyebrows. Eyelashes are golden red, and my brows are mostly dark brown with individual red hairs mixed in.

spidermom
April 23rd, 2012, 09:58 AM
Nope. Visible hair was always a sunny golden blonde.
Not-so-visible hair has always been some shade of ash.

KittyBird
April 23rd, 2012, 10:29 AM
I'm a natural blonde and my carpet does not match the drapes. Or I guess they match now because I dye my hair dark :p I used to think I was a freak because the hair on my head was blonde and the rest of my body hair was dark brown. Nice to know that I'm not the only one :D

WaitingSoLong
April 23rd, 2012, 10:35 AM
Erm well from what I have discovered/learned that many peoples pubic hair is same colour of their eyebrow/lash hair rather than their head hair.

Yep.

I voted don't match. BUT, my hair comes out my my head rather dark but lightens considerably with sun exposure, which my nether regions never get. Though my eyebrows do...they must not be fade-able. My lower lashes are pale enough they don't really look like they are there without mascara.

Medium to dark brown. My other body hair is very fair and light with the darkest being on my lower legs, but even then, I can go over a month without shaving my legs and wear shorts and no one notices. I would say my natural head hair color is medium golden blonde. I don't seem to have the ash tones like I always thought I did.

jacqueline101
April 23rd, 2012, 10:36 AM
I'm a natural blonde mine is darker down stairs compared to my head.

holothuroidea
April 23rd, 2012, 10:38 AM
Whether you would consider me a blonde is up for debate, but the carpet definitely does not match the drapes.

My "carpet" is black. Or at least a brown so dark that it is indistinguishable from black to my eyes.

Phalaenopsis
April 23rd, 2012, 10:40 AM
I used to think I was a freak because the hair on my head was blonde and the rest of my body hair was dark brown. Nice to know that I'm not the only one :D
I felt like a freak too! I have almost black eyebrows and eyelashes and dark brown bodyhair, but dark blond/golden light brown hair on my head. I've been asked if I dyed my hair, just because of the "mismatch"

dwell_in_safety
April 23rd, 2012, 10:41 AM
I have brown hair, and my carpet doesn't match. It's black.

ouseljay
April 23rd, 2012, 10:49 AM
Interesting. My hair down there is actually slightly lighter than my head hair, and my arm pit hair is much lighter. :shrug: But there's certainly no sun-lightening going on in the nether-regions!

Aveyronnaise
April 23rd, 2012, 10:53 AM
My eyelashes actually don't match my eyebrows. Eyelashes are golden red, and my brows are mostly dark brown with individual red hairs mixed in.
My son and DH are like that and it's cool , but sometimes I kind of marvel at it , how can it not match? They have black eyelashes , and ash - clear colored eyebrows , DH has a bright red beard with all of this and dark brown hair - they are like calico cats.

ByGrace90
April 23rd, 2012, 06:11 PM
I didn't think it mattered that much. =)

Honeyfall
April 23rd, 2012, 06:27 PM
I don't match at all, but I didn't know how common it was for other ladies. I always sort of figured it was due to the Mediterranean I have from my mother's side... :o

It's very refreshing to have people so willing to talk about it!

MinderMutsig
April 23rd, 2012, 06:34 PM
Interesting. My hair down there is actually slightly lighter than my head hair, and my arm pit hair is much lighter. :shrug: But there's certainly no sun-lightening going on in the nether-regions!Me too. It does match my eyebrows but those are so light that it looks like I don't have any.

My nether-regions do get regular sun exposure though. I go to the sauna at least once a month and prefer nude beaches.

Hollyfire3
April 23rd, 2012, 07:01 PM
My son and DH are like that and it's cool , but sometimes I kind of marvel at it , how can it not match? They have black eyelashes , and ash - clear colored eyebrows , DH has a bright red beard with all of this and dark brown hair - they are like calico cats.

But calico cats are only ever girls, lol, sorry cat/animal freak over here just had to point that out to be funny...:)

sun-kissed
April 23rd, 2012, 07:15 PM
Nope, my head hair is blonde, and my carpet, leg, and pit hair are all brown, about the color of my eyebrows.

Nedertane
April 23rd, 2012, 07:24 PM
Although I'm more of a "blonette" than "blonde" (it's level 7 on top layers, level 6 on the bottom, CLOSE ENOUGH :p) and everything matches, except my eyelashes which are a teeny bit darker (I still prefer to have dark liner on them, though). Personally, it seems stranger to me to have everything match than not! :D Almost everyone I know seems to have "mis-matching" to some degree.

Calaelen
April 23rd, 2012, 07:40 PM
I'm a natural blonde and mine match fairly well with the carpet being a golden blonde but a tad darker then my hair was, due to sun bleaching. Now that I colour my hair anything BUT blonde they do NOT match.

Calaelen
April 23rd, 2012, 07:48 PM
But calico cats are only ever girls, lol, sorry cat/animal freak over here just had to point that out to be funny...:)

In most cases, but Shriners Circus used to offer $10 000 for a male calico cat, and it has happened. I've also met a male calico, and it wasn't a case of mistaken identity, he had the wares and had produced 2 litters making him incredibly rare, in most cases a male calico is sterile.

GabrielleRose
April 23rd, 2012, 07:51 PM
I voted I do match, because before I started shaving my pubic hair they matched. What is funny to me though is that I have dark eyebrows, with blonde eyelashes at the root half and the length half brown.
But now that I shave, my hair comes in darker but if I let it grow out it turns blonde again. What is also funny is that just like my hair has a mixture of blonde/brown/red hairs my pubes do too. LOL!

RoseOfClare
April 23rd, 2012, 08:59 PM
My mum knows this gent who had a saying he could always guess a women's pubic colour and nipple colour. Pubic hair will almost always match eye brow colour and lip colour will give away your nipple colour. And I have yet to have a women argue with me when I tell them this hahah

And yes natrual blonde here that doesnt match, BUT my eye brows match down below

holothuroidea
April 23rd, 2012, 09:59 PM
My mum knows this gent who had a saying he could always guess a women's pubic colour and nipple colour. Pubic hair will almost always match eye brow colour and lip colour will give away your nipple colour. And I have yet to have a women argue with me when I tell them this hahah

And yes natrual blonde here that doesnt match, BUT my eye brows match down below

Here I am!! LOL

My eyebrows are dark blonde/light brown, my pubes are almost black.

Also my nipples are much more red than my lips, which are more pink. And also nipple color is something that changes throughout a woman's life, they are darker when pregnant and nursing on most women.

ALSO, what kind of guy walks around telling ladies that he can predict their nipple and pube colors!?!?!

Quixii
April 23rd, 2012, 10:03 PM
I haven't voted yet as I wanted opinion: My hair is kinda a golden blonde bordering on sandy blonde, and my "hair down there" is kinda a light brown. Is that close enough to be considered matching?

Mommyof4
April 23rd, 2012, 10:37 PM
I'm a natural blonde, my "down theres" are dark brown and my eye brows are light brown.. Nothing on me "matches".. Oh yeah, I don't get visible hair on my legs lol... I can go months without shaving my legs and you can't tell... My body is a non-match for sure!

Mommyof4
April 23rd, 2012, 10:41 PM
Here I am!! LOL

Also my nipples are much more red than my lips, which are more pink. And also nipple color is something that changes throughout a woman's life, they are darker when pregnant and nursing on most women.

ALSO, what kind of guy walks around telling ladies that he can predict their nipple and pube colors!?!?!

Hmm.. I quit breastfeeding about 5 months ago.. my nips are still dark brown, before my first pregnancy they were a very transparent pink. I wonder what color they will come back if it ever changes? LOL My lips are much darker than my nips were before pregnancy/nursing. Aren't bodies strange?

Mononoke
April 24th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Naturally I have dark blond/light brown hair, and my carpet definitely does not match (it's dark brown).

LadyKate
April 24th, 2012, 12:58 AM
I'm a natural blonde, and while my lower hair is a shade darker, I'm fairly sure that's because it does not get any sun lightening, since I don't make a habit of of sunbathing naked! Or, at all for that matter, the sun is my natural enemy.

zombi
April 24th, 2012, 01:46 AM
NOPE. Natural strawberry-ish blond, body hair is brown.

Oksana
April 24th, 2012, 02:27 AM
I'm a natural blonde, and while my lower hair is a shade darker, I'm fairly sure that's because it does not get any sun lightening, since I don't make a habit of of sunbathing naked! Or, at all for that matter, the sun is my natural enemy.

I'm exactly the same. My head hair lightens dramatically in the sun so the hair down their is probably the same colour as what initially comes out of my scalp.

Rosetta
April 24th, 2012, 03:49 AM
Doesn't anyone else find this slightly (or actually more than slightly) degrading, pubic hair being called "carpet" and hair in your head "drapes"...? :rolleyes: All the more as it only seems to be asked of women, these terms and the whole thing having been invented by men, it seems... (Not that I'd ever heard anyone asking such things here, for that matter...) Also why on earth would it matter if they're the same colour or not...?

laceyfairy
April 24th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Hair on my head- ash blonde
pubic hair- coarse and dark brown

holothuroidea
April 24th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Doesn't anyone else find this slightly (or actually more than slightly) degrading, pubic hair being called "carpet" and hair in your head "drapes"...? :rolleyes: All the more as it only seems to be asked of women, these terms and the whole thing having been invented by men, it seems... (Not that I'd ever heard anyone asking such things here, for that matter...) Also why on earth would it matter if they're the same colour or not...?

I don't really find euphemisms degrading in and of themselves, especially not when it's a group of women having a discussion about their bodies. They can be kind of fun.

I didn't know of these terms being invented by men and only asked to women, as a man has never asked me this or used those terms to me. I have actually had IRL discussions with ladies about similar topics, though, using the same euphemisms, so I thought it was just girl-talk.

I guess it depends on your experience whether or not it sounds degrading. The way you put it, I think it definitely would be, but that has not been my experience at all.

And does it matter? No, not at all, not even in the slightest. :D Not all topics need to be important, sometimes it's just fun to talk about stupid stuff. I doubt if anyone thinks this is a matter of importance. :D

holothuroidea
April 24th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Hmm.. I quit breastfeeding about 5 months ago.. my nips are still dark brown, before my first pregnancy they were a very transparent pink. I wonder what color they will come back if it ever changes? LOL My lips are much darker than my nips were before pregnancy/nursing. Aren't bodies strange?

Mine never got brown, just dark red. My complexion is really rubicund, though, so I'm not surprised. I'm sure it's different for everyone. The last time I breastfed they did return back to their pre-pregnancy color when I stopped.

Yes, bodies are full of curiosities aren't they? :laugh:

Maiken
April 24th, 2012, 06:50 AM
i'm naturally a dark blonde. And the.. uhm.. carpet is a little darker but definately still blonde:D

MonaMayfair
April 24th, 2012, 07:07 AM
I'm a natural blonde and I can say that the "hair down there" on me is light brown hahah... But I get rid of it all so I never see it.

Me too, LOL!

Bonkers57
April 24th, 2012, 08:07 AM
When I was younger and my hair was lighter, it didn't.

It does now.

kitschy
April 24th, 2012, 08:10 AM
When I was younger and my hair was lighter, it didn't.

It does now.

Me too! But now they are both gray! :tmi:

holothuroidea
April 24th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Me too! But now they are both gray! :tmi:

I always wondered that!

And now that I know absolutely everything I can die peacefully knowing my life was well spent. :laugh:

SwordWomanRiona
April 24th, 2012, 09:11 AM

Disclaimer: A non-blonde accidentally popping in :D

About the colours, I think that can be fun.
But I agree with you about the terms, I don't find them very nice either (I didn't even know people referred to pubic hair and hair upon one's hair like that, actually!). I hate euphemisms, in my view they never did any good to anyone. Why not refer to pubic hair by its name? Why think it's something sort of shameful so it deserves a masquerading term? :confused:

Mini rant ended!

sazzie88
April 24th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Mine is darker brown, though recently I have been getting some hairs that are pure white and then grow darker again on the smae hair so sometimes its split! The hairs n my legs are very pale blonde like my head hair! :)

PinkyCat
April 24th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Non-blonde who wanted to vote.
FWIW mine match.....:p

BrightEyes
April 24th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Nope mine don't match. Much darker down there.

WaitingSoLong
April 24th, 2012, 01:03 PM
I wanted to chime in and say my DH's head hair is medium brown. His eyebrows are the palest blonde...you cannot see them at all. It looks like he has no eyebrows, seriously. I will decline to comment on his other places.

Here I am!! LOL

OK...TLHC REALLY needs a LIKE button.

LIKE.

The last time I breastfed they did return back to their pre-pregnancy color when I stopped. [quote]

Wow it was too long ago for me.

[quote=kitschy;2096632]Me too! But now they are both gray! :tmi:

:spitting:
OK, so THAT hair can turn gray, too? Someone once told me THAT hair just sort of gets thinner and thinner until it barely exists as you get old. Not sure what "old" was to them, though. I assumed the elderly.

Coan-Teen
April 24th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I'm a natural medium gold/strawberry/dark blonde depending on the lighting at the time and no, my pubic hair doesn't match. It is chocolate brown. My eyebrows are half platinum, half black, and my eyelashes are also chocolate brown, so I guess my body decided it wanted to the run the gamut.

TheMechaGinger
April 24th, 2012, 11:38 PM
I'm a ginger top and bottom, except I have blonde hair on my arms, legs, brows and eye lashes (a lotta people think I'm naturally a blonde because of this). So I guess I'm half blonde and half red head?

UltraBella
April 25th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Yes, mine match !

xoxophelia
April 25th, 2012, 12:40 AM
I voted no but I have a mix of brown and blonde.. with no other details provided XD

My hair used to be considerably lighter and it has always been this way. Much of my body hair is light blonde though.

CajunBaby
April 25th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Nope! It was so funny when i was 13. My hair on my head was naturally platinum blonde and my carpets came in pitch black :)

Tota
April 25th, 2012, 04:07 AM
The hair on my head and my arms is blonde, everywhere else - dark brown :( This sucks, I wish at least the hair on my legs was blonde so I didn't have to shave it ;)

Katze
April 25th, 2012, 04:52 AM
I am sort-of blonde in some lights, and carpet and drapes have always been pretty much the same - varying from brown to blonde. Armpit and arm hair is much lighter, leg hair blonde above the knee.

It always made sense to me that eyebrow and other body hair would kind of be the same - and my eyebrows were always mixed. However, both eyebrows and body hair on me are getting darker. I attribute this to age and to no longer living in a sunny climate. :)