PDA

View Full Version : Hi hair lovers :)

Pooglebloom
April 23rd, 2012, 01:25 AM
My name's Laura, I'm from the UK. I often stop by the LHC and have a read through some threads that appeal to me and thought I should join up to share my own thoughts and recommendations :)

Up until recently, my hair was TBL (tail bone length?) but it was looking a little unhappy on the ends, as I dye my hair alot, so I decided to cut my hair short to start again! My hair grows quickly (slightly longer than the average 6 inch per annum) it's now neck length and I'm taking skin hair and nail suppliments and drinking 2 large whey protein shakes per day (as well as veggies!) and begun exercising. I've been on the new hair diet about two weeks now and my mum said she thought my hair looked longer :)

I'm 24, a vegetarian and an animal lover. My dream hair would be the super long wavy 'mermaid' style.. I loved how my hair looked after having it in a few braids over night.

It's great to meet you all and I hope to give and receive lots of healthy hair growing tips :p

Knotted
April 23rd, 2012, 05:13 AM
Welcome to LHC, Pogglebloom! We have a lot of mermaid fans (and people who have gorgeous hair like mermaids!) so you'll fit right in. :)

SpinDance
April 23rd, 2012, 05:39 AM
Welcome to the forums!

Pooglebloom
April 23rd, 2012, 07:00 AM
Thank you :) I'm doing everything I can to will my hair to grow faster! I want it back to where it was before and longer - Past my bum!

Micayla47
April 23rd, 2012, 07:07 AM
Hi. Nice to meet another "newbie." I've been lurking too, but only because I couldn't figure out how to activate my membership! Anyway, my story is I'm a "hair saboteur."

i really wish this site would have existed 30 years ago! i could have saved myself a lot of pain and suffering.:mad: oh well, live and learn. i'm so happy to find so many people who are equally obsessed with long hair. my sister and my best friend and i have been talking about and wishing for long hair for 30 years! i'm 47 and i've never been able to grow my hair longer than the bottom of my bra strap. and it's all my own doing (or undoing).

i could write a book about all the times i sabotaged my hair just when it was on the brink of being long (past the bottom of the bra strap). my whole life, it has been like clockwork. as soon as my hair is healthy and long, i over-bleach it, or dye it black and then a month later strip it and dye it blond, or cut my own bangs and end up with a mullet... the list goes on ad infinitum. i can't even count the number of times i have said "this is it; no more cutting, dying, or perming. i'm growing my hair out. for once in my life i'm going to have truly long hair."

fast forward to April, 2012 and here i am recovering from yet another hair fiasco. thankfully, they seem to be getting less intense and farther apart, but they persist nonetheless.

anyway, i found LHC last week and i've been on it practically 24 hours. all the great stories, advice, pictures, etc. have inspired me!

i'm so excited. i'm on my way to the beauty supply store, armed with a list of products i culled from all the articles here.

so, once again, i'm promising myself "no more dying, cutting or perming. i'm going to have really really long hair." wish me luck :o

Pooglebloom
April 23rd, 2012, 09:50 AM
Awww, good luck! My hair's short now because it was getting over processed from the mid lengths down (It was down to my bum) so now I'm back to my natural blonde colour, I'm going to try and take better care of the ends as they grow as split ends with a nightmare for me.. It became a hobby, sitting with a pair of scissors, sutting them off one at a time! lol

Anyway, here's to us all having beautiful, long mermaid / repunzel / princess / fairy hair :D

KarpatiiSiv
April 23rd, 2012, 09:59 AM
Welcome to LHC from another UKer. :waving: