PDA

View Full Version : Just an observation....

Jessibear2854
April 21st, 2012, 11:19 PM
I just want to share something I'm sure others have noted before, but maybe it will encourage someone out there. My hair has seemingly been stuck at BSL for a long, long time. I have been feeling discouraged about it and even had thoughts about cutting it, but didn't. It must have grown though because I'm now able to do two new buns (figure 8 and nautilus)! You really cannot tell by looking at it, but it's definitely longer because a month or two ago I could only do a lazy wrap bun. So be encouraged! Even if you think your hair isn't growing, it probably is :D

fridgee
April 22nd, 2012, 03:18 AM
That's so true. I find if I feel I'm not growing putting it up and not obsessing about it helps because when you do pay attention again you notice the extra length. And yay on the new buns! :cheese:

Jing
April 22nd, 2012, 04:19 AM
I have the opposite problem - I feel like my hair is growing like weed sometimes, but when I check it's just creeping along at its normal pace. :p

Othala
April 22nd, 2012, 06:56 AM
That is excellent advice and encouragement. Too many folks desperate to have long hair fast don't realise that it is growing all the time.

einna
April 22nd, 2012, 08:02 AM
So true. My hair has looked almost BSL for months, but in other aspects I know it has grown. It hangs differently, and I need to slightly adjust the way I make my buns. Weird really. I think it might be because my layers have grown, but my longest hairs have stalled.
I am guessing that all hairs does not grow at the same time?

PolarCathy
April 22nd, 2012, 08:03 AM
That is excellent advice and encouragement. Too many folks desperate to have long hair fast don't realise that it is growing all the time.

OP, I wish you had opened this thread like half a year ago ;) :D

spidermom
April 22nd, 2012, 08:09 AM
BSL is one of those lengths that seems to drag on forever.

jacqueline101
April 22nd, 2012, 09:29 AM
I done the 90 day no measuring. I'm thinking about extending it until my year anniversary.

lapushka
April 22nd, 2012, 09:46 AM
Yeah, just put it out of your mind, and put it up, and before you know it you've gained length. That's the way to go. :D