PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

BeccaAngel
April 21st, 2012, 11:01 PM
The past few days or so whenever I go to shampoo and condition my hair in the shower, everything seems fine but when everything is rinsed out, my hair feels kinda gooey/slimy. Like I rinse my hair out thoroughly and yet it still feels gross to me. it feels fine once it dries, ya know normal. Any ideas of what could be causing my hair to feel like this? It looks normal and healthy just feels different.

P.S. I did start using an older conditioner (which is about 5 months old probably) about around the same time, maybe I should go back to my newer one? I just wanted to not waste conditioner but if Its doing this to my hair I will throw it out.

Clem_Dela
April 21st, 2012, 11:07 PM
it sounds to me like you need protein!

when your hair is wet, pluck a hair and pull it; if it stretches it needs protein, if it snaps easily as though brittle it needs moisture.

Quixii
April 21st, 2012, 11:12 PM
I sounds like you could need a good clarifying wash.
Do you use cones?

BeccaAngel
April 21st, 2012, 11:15 PM
I sounds like you could need a good clarifying wash.
Do you use cones?
I try not to use cones, as far as I have checked my products don't have any.

BeccaAngel
April 21st, 2012, 11:19 PM
it sounds to me like you need protein!

when your hair is wet, pluck a hair and pull it; if it stretches it needs protein, if it snaps easily as though brittle it needs moisture.

If my hair needs protein, how can I get more protein in my hair without having to spend much money. Maybe I can do something food or oil related or liquid. That would be better and cheaper. :) What can I use to add more protein?

Clem_Dela
April 22nd, 2012, 12:04 AM
If my hair needs protein, how can I get more protein in my hair without having to spend much money. Maybe I can do something food or oil related or liquid. That would be better and cheaper. :) What can I use to add more protein?

I use egg and/or coconut milk for a deep condish.

if i'm using egg i mix it with oil (coconut oil is my preference, olive is great too), if i'm using coconut milk i don't add anything, just apply to dry hair and leave it for 20 minutes or more and then shampoo it out.

there are other ways but i'm not familiar with them :P this is what i use.

BeccaAngel
April 22nd, 2012, 12:21 AM
I use egg and/or coconut milk for a deep condish.

if i'm using egg i mix it with oil (coconut oil is my preference, olive is great too), if i'm using coconut milk i don't add anything, just apply to dry hair and leave it for 20 minutes or more and then shampoo it out.

there are other ways but i'm not familiar with them :P this is what i use.

Thank you much :) I will give those a try in a couple of days.

fridgee
April 22nd, 2012, 03:13 AM
As I understand it the protein from eggs is too big to enter the hair so doesn't actually help (it may still make it feel nice tho). You need something with hydrolyzed (sp?) protein in it. The good news is I'm pretty sure I've seen people say cheap conditioners (such as I think the suave coconut or milk ones) have protein in so shouldn't cost you too much. I'm not from America tho, so wait for someone else to confirm the products!

BeccaAngel
April 22nd, 2012, 03:45 AM
As I understand it the protein from eggs is too big to enter the hair so doesn't actually help (it may still make it feel nice tho). You need something with hydrolyzed (sp?) protein in it. The good news is I'm pretty sure I've seen people say cheap conditioners (such as I think the suave coconut or milk ones) have protein in so shouldn't cost you too much. I'm not from America tho, so wait for someone else to confirm the products!

My problem is I don't have money to spend on hair products, even the cheap ones. that's why i said anything food related because all i get is money for food. But I'm sure I can figure something out or someone could share what they know and i would take from that too. I'm always willing to learn new things especially with hair. So any advice is welcome. Thank you very much. :)

BeccaAngel
April 23rd, 2012, 03:02 AM
Well today I took a rinse shower without using any products in my hair, and Its not gooey like before. So therefore, I figured out it was just my conditioner that was too old. I'm gonna throw it out and go back to the newer one, should be alright. Thanks for the help and advice, :)