PDA

View Full Version : Tea Tree Oil for Hair Growth and Preventing Hair Loss

misspixie
April 21st, 2012, 05:47 PM
Hi Everyone!

So, a few months ago I stopped using store bought skin cleansers and starting using things like coconut oil, honey, and olive oil to take care of my skin. Long story short, my skin has stopped breaking out and looks 10X better! I've heard through the grapevine that tea tree oil is great for the skin and can be used as a spot treatment.

Anyways, today I bought some Tea Tree Oil and was doing a little bit of research online about it, because I've heard that it's pretty much good for anything!

I saw that TTO is GREAT for hair growth and preventing hair loss because it helps your scalp and strengthens your hair follicles. I am going to give it a shot and let you know what happens..

My question is, have any of you used TTO before and if so how was it?!

Sorry for the long post!

Kelikea
April 21st, 2012, 06:25 PM
I've used it a bit for my skin and scalp. It feels really good on itchy, flaky scalp. I put a few drops in aloe vera gel, mixed with a bit of jojoba oil, and massaged it in. Leave on a few minutes before washing hair. It really helps soothe the scalp. For an all-over rinse (face, hair, body) I use diluted vinegar with a few drops of tea tree. I use it after shampoo or conditioner, and after washing face and body. It makes a great toner:)

RitaPG
April 21st, 2012, 06:48 PM
I used it when my scalp was itchy and flakey, a couple drops mixed with jojoba oil and massaged it in, and it worked great and was very refreshing. But in the long run it can be drying to the skin, even my sister had that issue, she used products with Tea Tree to try and get rid of her acne but it ended up making her skin really dry.
So if you notice that it's starting to dry your skin, use a bit less or stop using it for a couple weeks.

corvinadea
April 21st, 2012, 07:35 PM
My hair is drying right now from its first tea tree oil treatment! I found recipe for a deep conditioning rinse for oily hair and I'm loving it. I haven't seen a reduction in shedding yet, but it was only the first treatment...The recipe also includes aloe vera gel, acv, and jojoba oil to counteract the drying affect of that tea tree oil can have. I hope it does help with the shedding; my bathroom usually looks like I skin animals in there.

Dragon
April 22nd, 2012, 03:31 AM
It’s been years since I have used it so I don’t remember how it affected my hair and scalp but my parents use to put a few drops in our shampoo since it helps prevent headlice which we found worked.

fridgee
April 22nd, 2012, 04:42 AM
I use a few drops in my ACV rinse after washing my hair (I dont rinse it out) and I think it helps my hair not get greasy so fast. I'm glad you got such good results on your skin from switching your routine, I'm considering doing a similar thing, but am a bit apprehensive in case it goes badly!

einna
April 22nd, 2012, 08:39 AM
I am using it in my castor oil scalp treatments for faster growth, I think it helps stimulate the scalp, and has antiseptic properties. I am going to try it on DBFs problem scalp, with som AVG, ACV and jojoba, maybe some honey to. Anyone have good recipies?

Zapookie
April 22nd, 2012, 11:25 AM
I put about half a small cap full in with my rooibos tea, and i do it as a last rinse right before I get out of the shower. It counteracts the itchiness of the rooibos and it seems that my hair dries faster. I also can say that I don't shed much now!

afu
April 22nd, 2012, 11:39 AM
tea tree really dries out my skin so for me its a no no, also the scent reminds me of when people used to use tea tree to get rid of headlice on kids when i was back in primary school :s