PDA

View Full Version : Only 2 inches, but it hurt so much!!

TeaGarden
April 21st, 2012, 05:25 PM
The other day I visited a salon in hopes of getting my blonde hair all one color instead of the ombre it was turning into. (I need no lectures about bleach, trust me I know!!)

My hair was so damaged at the end that she trimmed almost 2 inches off. It's amazing how much I notice it. I'm right at BSL again. :(

But my hair grows fast, so I guess I should just be happy that my hair is in better condition and that I'll have my length again soon.

afu
April 21st, 2012, 05:45 PM
did you get it dyed to match your roots or bleached to match your ends? applying coconut oil before bleaching or dying can drastically reduce damage (for future reference if needed :) ). did she trim off more than you wanted or were you happy to let her trim as much as she thought was required for health?

TeaGarden
April 21st, 2012, 07:38 PM
I used a protein pack the day before I colored it. And I bleached the roots to match my ends. :) The color is beautiful now!
And she only trimmed what she had to. She gets nervous when she has to trim her hair as well (her hair is almost to her waistband!) I wouldn't be surprised if she was a member here too.
She did, however, accidentally cut my bangs partially. We had a miscommunication and while I was talking about styling, she thought I meant to cut them. But I think that the way she cut them will make them look better when they've grown out a bit.

Lady Neeva
April 21st, 2012, 09:51 PM
I had the (recent) mistake of cutting off 4 inches. I should've waited longer to maintain now the hemline's still diagonal. At least your cut worked out.

Scarlett brooke
April 22nd, 2012, 04:18 AM
Its strange how you notice such a small amount just feels different against my back somehow! I trimmed mine myself for the first time I didn't do a very good job was uneven so had to take off more than I intended too! Never mind.

mzBANGBANG
April 22nd, 2012, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I know your feeling. I began lightening my hair again recently (got tired of the multitude of tones in my natural "blond" hair). Luckily it's not too painful letting my roots show for awhile, but trimming is so necessary. If you think about it in the long run, it doesn't set you back too far depending on what your goal is. Mine is waist, so I don't get frustrated with the lightening. I can't choose between length and color, so compromise.

spidermom
April 22nd, 2012, 10:24 AM
It's the right season for a growth spurt, so those 2 inches should be back in no time.