PDA

View Full Version : Haircut!

sarelis
April 21st, 2012, 12:50 PM
After my last salon experience I swore I would never see a hairdresser again, but last night I was combing my hair & decided I wanted my face framing layers back that had grown out. I'm far too cack-handed to attempt this myself, so today I thought I would pop into the local barbers where my OH gets his hair cut to see if they would do it. No appointment, had a 5 minute wait with a cup of coffee then into the chair. I took my hair stick out & got loads of lovely comments about how long & pretty my hair was, then the stylist took a spray bottle to the front sections that I wanted cut. I explained what I wanted, & got exactly that. No horrendous hair washing, piled on top of my head to create as many tangles as humanly possible, no tearing through wet hair with a fine tooth plastic comb, no thinking she knew better, no slathering on of silicone laden products, no hard sell. It took all of 5 minutes, cost me £5, and was the best salon experience I have ever had! I will definatly be going back before xmas for my yearly trim :) Will post pics tomorrow when my camera has charged

afu
April 21st, 2012, 12:54 PM
ooh fantastic :D congrats on finding somethere which caters for your exact needs (i wish i could find somewhere!) can't wait to see pictures

BrightEyes
April 21st, 2012, 01:01 PM
That's wonderful! It's refreshing to hear good salon experiences. I'm looking forward to pics:)

whitedove
April 21st, 2012, 01:38 PM
I used to goto barbers too, they are great for no nonsense haircuts :D

Carrie Ingalls
April 21st, 2012, 02:23 PM
It is so nice to hear your wonderful experience!

I think sometime we can start to forget that there are lots of fabulous stylist out there, and a few give the rest a bad name. :)

leslissocool
April 21st, 2012, 02:31 PM
That's great, I'm very happy for you!

:popcorn: waiting for pics!

spookyghost
April 21st, 2012, 02:39 PM
It is so nice to hear your wonderful experience!

I think sometime we can start to forget that there are lots of fabulous stylist out there, and a few give the rest a bad name. :)

You are so right! I have had one really awful nightmare salon experience that was followed by some pretty bad ones. And because of that I have forgotten that for every bad hairdresser there are a ton of wonderful ones:D Congrats!

jacqueline101
April 21st, 2012, 03:33 PM
I'm glad you had a great experience.

lapushka
April 21st, 2012, 04:47 PM
Sarelis, that's wonderful to hear. Not all experiences are this positive. It's great!

sunshine-locks
April 21st, 2012, 05:09 PM
Glad to hear you got what you wanted! Barbers may have a bad rep but whenever I went to one, I got the exact hair I wanted!If I need a trim, I'll probably go to a barber :)

Anywhere
April 21st, 2012, 06:35 PM
Its great hearing positive haircut stories. ;)

and I'm also waiting for the pics. :p

shutterpillar
April 21st, 2012, 07:10 PM
That was how my last haircut went, and I was so pleasantly surprised. I was ready to put up a fight over how I didn't need my hair washed or X product put into it.

Cant wait for pics. :)