PDA

View Full Version : crying my arse off

YumiYume
April 21st, 2012, 08:45 AM
Hi, My longest layer was at waist and my shortet BSL. Went to a hairdreser who was new at work and I asked for a bigger trim in a soft U shaped hemline (since I destroied my hair and had to bleach out the dye there to) but I ended up wit an realy uneven and weard looking outdragged V/bluntcut at APL!, she said it was because she wasnt aloud to straighten it. and front I asked for a strait line from ear to ear, but she took way to much of the back's hair to the front it looks horrible and will take like 5 years to grow out... Im so sad about the cut looks like crappiest thing on earth so sad and when she didntget it even she kept cutting off! I will NEVER let her cut my hair again :cry:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: and it will take so many years to even get down to mid back :cry::cry::cry::cry:

goldenmoments
April 21st, 2012, 08:50 AM
I am so sorry sweetie!

Have you tried self trims? search for faye's method

Amanah
April 21st, 2012, 08:54 AM
I'm so sorry . . . I don't think I'll ever go back to the hairdressers again.
Self Trim is the way to go.

afu
April 21st, 2012, 08:54 AM
oh no :( do you have a picture of your new hair? i know its hard but try to think of some positives :hug:

XcaliburGirl
April 21st, 2012, 08:56 AM
Aw, sorry that happened to you. It will probably grow out a lot more quickly than you expect. Plus, even if the front will take a long time to grow out, it will eventually look like face framing layers that you can blend in with the back of your hair.

Maybe you can try a moisture treatment or something to distract you from the cut.

Isa Ferrara
April 21st, 2012, 08:58 AM
Hugs, I would be crying too. No more hairdressers for either of us, I guess!! Try to focus on the positive when you can, I'm sure it still looks beautiful, even if vastly different from what you wanted...

Karala
April 21st, 2012, 09:06 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that hun, I've had the same thing happen to me a couple months ago and I know how awful it feels :[ I know there isn't much to say to make it better except that in the future I'm sure you'll be EXTRA careful with who gets to cut/trim your hair (I recommend self-trims or choosing maybe a friend or family member who knows how important your hair is to you) and so the same thing won't ever happen again. Then there's supplements to help your hair grow better, and the whole thing of wearing your hair up and babying it etc to prevent it from getting damaged, so you won't have to trim much as you go along, and then you WILL have waist lenght hair again or even longer. I'm sure that even if it's shorter your hair is still beautiful, especially now that the dye damage is gone. I know it sucks, but you will reach your hair goal eventually, it's a game of patience ! :blossom:

BritHair
April 21st, 2012, 09:09 AM
Wow....I am so sorry that happened to you. It takes a lot of guts to walk into a hairdressers and ask for a trim in the first place. I used to have a wonderful hairdresser who trimmed and lowlighted my hair. She moved two years ago and I have not had the nerve to trust anyone else.

Many years ago, my hair was BSL length, I went in to have my hair trimmed and I ended up with a David Bowie (Iggy) haircut. I was sooooo pi#*%d and it put the fear in me since, except for Justine who moved away : (

Perhaps some really soothing scalp massages, conditioning and some pretty updo's will make you feel a bit better : ) I feel for you : (

NeenyOtaku
April 21st, 2012, 09:11 AM
Im so sorry to hear this:( I have many instances like this with hairdressers despite showing and telling them exactly what I want. I self trim now and so happy. Self trims are free also I dont have to go through the anxiety of sitting there wondering what the result is.

Kelikea
Ugg! That happened to me, 2 1/2 years ago. I asked for a U-shaped hemline and layered bangs, with length enough to braid. My hair was waist to hip at the time. I ended up layered shoulder to BSL. When I asked where my hair was, she said she didn't know how to make a U-hemline, so kept cutting. Why don't they just tell you before hand instead of just cutting?

Ok, 2 1/2 years later, it is now just past hip, and the bangs are grown out to almost APL. So, with a lot of patience and TLC, it will grow back:)

You could call the salon and talk with the manager. Try to stay calm, and they will probably offer to trim it slightly, if its uneven, and find a solution to the problem. Once it is even and styled properly with your new cut, it will look better and be easier to grow out.

Have fun with your new look and enjoy the journey!

Honeyfall
:grouphug: I think we all know how that goes. I am sorry it has you feeling sad!

afu
April 21st, 2012, 09:12 AM
i never seem to be able to get it across to hairdressers how i like my hair, so i microtrim/s&d myself as i prefer a fairytale hemline anyway. I have my highlights topped up at the salon but never let her cut it (she still asks if she can doa trim every time!) I know it's too late this time but maybe get yourself a good sharp pair of hairdressing scissors for future and maintain it yourself, especially as you now have a clean trim to start from. Like the others say, try to focus on getting really healthy hair and try to forget about length for a bit. Maybe try the 'wear hair up for a month' challenge to force yourself not to focus on loose length

MissHair
April 21st, 2012, 09:24 AM
Sweetheart! This has happened to many of us here. I know it's not much for comfort now.. But it will grow out faster than you feel NOW. And your hair is going to look much better than it did before. :( Im sorry.

Neodrache
April 21st, 2012, 09:37 AM
I tell you what, the day I met my wife, I asked her to get her hair done at a hairdresser and told her that if she didn't I would cut it because she was too much of a conservative to do it. So I sat her in her chair, combed all of it back and snipped straight across.... she cried for hours. =( SO I assumed she would always get it done from then on out... NOPE, i felt so horrible inside that learned how to layer hair and dye it so guess who always has to do it now... =\

She is scared of hairdressers since she had a bad episode but hey, it all works out in the end! =)

Bedhead
April 21st, 2012, 09:46 AM
I don't understand how a trim can be equated to a foot of hair! :(

So sorry this happened to you. I agree, you should talk to the manager and get it fixed so you can focus on your growing rather than the shape.

:grouphug:

spookyghost
April 21st, 2012, 10:13 AM
Omg-Im so sorry. I feel awful for you as I bet everyone on here does! We have all had this type of thing happen to us so we all feel your pain. My absolute worse trim(it was suppose to be a trim) was when I asked for just a little hair framing at the bottom to come in just a little for a little fresh sexy look. Kinda like Jennifer Anistons when her hair was longer. Nothing dramatic. I explained in detail that I was growing my hair to my waist and wanted the length kept. She had me put my head upside down and put my hair in a ponytail with one of her hands and chopped:eek: One layer was between my nose and my part! It was the worst hair experience of my life and I will never forget it. To be honest, I was also mad at myself too because I should have stopped what she was doing when my head went went down to my knees. I mean who does that?

I truly believe that the hair oils help hair growth so if you already dont oil your hair start checking into that. My hair did grow back faster than I thought it would and I wasnt even using oils back then so I bet yours will too;) The only good thing about my nightmare was that my hair sure was healthy because she cut all the horrible stuff off-thinking that helped me get thru it.

I'll say a little hair prayer for you:)

BrightEyes
April 21st, 2012, 10:24 AM
I'm so sorry this happened to you. She should have been upfront with you and told you she didn't know how to or wasn't very experienced in cutting a U-shaped hemline.

I really don't think many beauty schools spend enough time teaching how to do U-shaped hemlines (or V-shaped either). In my experience, my school didn't. I didn't really learn until I was out of school and working in a salon. That's not to excuse what she did. She should have been honest with you before she tried. Sometimes stylists don't stop to think that it took their client years to grow their hair long.

Try to focus on something else for a while, your favorite hobby or something. Keep pampering your hair and it will grow back.:)

lapushka
April 21st, 2012, 10:29 AM
I'm so sorry that happened to you. I'm seconding Feye's Self-Trimming method.

Immera
April 21st, 2012, 10:32 AM
Feye's self trim method is one of the best things I have found on the LHC. I trim by the millimeter.

These people should see long hairs as a threat to their careers. If you don't get a complicated cut that requires regular cutting to maintain, you don't need them.

Why pay someone to do something you can do for yourself and have control over your results?

somethingwicked
April 21st, 2012, 11:09 AM
Definitely self trim when it's long enough! I still cut my own hair even after chopping it all off, and it's even easier when it's long enough to pull around and trim, I'm not going to completely bash "professionals" because the last one I went to was VERY careful to make sure we were one the same page - I think she understood when hair was as long as mine I'd be inclined to be picky. But waaaay too many of them are chop happy. The infamous "I'm just going to even it up" completely stalled my hair growth back in the day, that's when I gave up beauty shops.

Kittyxx
April 21st, 2012, 11:18 AM
oh that's awful - I agree with seeing if the salon can do a tidy up although I can totally understand if you never want to go back there

I alway ask for someone experienced with whatever I'm after now when booking after some dodgy haircuts by stylists who didn't understand curls - it makes a big difference if you're able to be flexible with times

KittyBird
April 21st, 2012, 12:16 PM
:( So sorry this happened to you, I would be crying too if someone had done that to my hair. :(
You could try self trimming, there are quite a few good tutorials on youtube. I started self trimming after I decided to grow my hair long, it's not difficult and it also saves you a bit of money.
I second what other posters have said about babying your hair and keeping it in updo's to prevent damage and take your mind off the length. Try to stay positive and make the most of your new hair. It will probably grow out a lot faster than you think :grouphug:

Artisticat
April 21st, 2012, 12:18 PM
You are not alone. I had this happen to me in January. I was BSL and was cut (horribly I might add) to dusting the shoulders. The best thing is I joined LHC and "no trims in 2012" thread. I don't think I will ever go to a hairdresser again in my life, but IF I ever do - I will bring a buddy with me who will watch like a hawk every snip of the scissors.

Please take care and I understand your tears.

Bianca
April 21st, 2012, 12:25 PM
How awful... :(

I hope you feel better soon... It must be hard. :grouphug:

Valfreyja
April 21st, 2012, 03:56 PM
Oh, NOOO! That sucks so bad. :( It WILL grow out though, please don't fret. You're not alone in this experience!

May I suggest: getting a pair of professional hair scissors. If you only want a trim it's so easy to do at home.

Faye's method: http://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/

Youtube tutorial for a U-shape following this method: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Erf49Eyxc

Othala
April 21st, 2012, 04:00 PM
Gosh, I am so sorry this has happened to you. Please, please keep away people wielding scissors in the future. Trust only yourself if you must cut.

I am sending good hair growing wishes your way. Just take extra special care of your locks from now on and they will be long in a couple of years and in better condition than ever.

Think positive and look forward to your future long hair.

heidi w.
April 21st, 2012, 04:12 PM
Hi, My longest layer was at waist and my shortet BSL. Went to a hairdreser who was new at work and I asked for a bigger trim in a soft U shaped hemline (since I destroied my hair and had to bleach out the dye there to) but I ended up wit an realy uneven and weard looking outdragged V/bluntcut at APL!, she said it was because she wasnt aloud to straighten it. and front I asked for a strait line from ear to ear, but she took way to much of the back's hair to the front it looks horrible and will take like 5 years to grow out... Im so sad about the cut looks like crappiest thing on earth so sad and when she didntget it even she kept cutting off! I will NEVER let her cut my hair again :cry:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: and it will take so many years to even get down to mid back :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Write a letter of complaint to the manager of the salon, Request your money back AND request this hairdresser be under training in the salon, and garner more training in school. That's what I would do. Take a picture and date the photo, if you can, for proof. This is uncalled for. What does she mean she wasn't allowed to straighten it? Is she referring to your request of the u hemline? She really, really misunderstood your request by far.

I would complain and I wouldn't pay.

heidi w.

heidi w.
April 21st, 2012, 04:14 PM
You are not alone. I had this happen to me in January. I was BSL and was cut (horribly I might add) to dusting the shoulders. The best thing is I joined LHC and "no trims in 2012" thread. I don't think I will ever go to a hairdresser again in my life, but IF I ever do - I will bring a buddy with me who will watch like a hawk every snip of the scissors.

Please take care and I understand your tears.

Give an actual measurement of how much to be removed, such as an inch. And bring a tape measure and measure Before and After, to keep them honest. Most hairdressers think 2 inches is an inch, if you ask them to show you with their hands what an inch is. They have no idea that they do this, most times.

heidi w.

jacqueline101
April 21st, 2012, 04:17 PM
I'm sorry your hair was ruined. I'd try the feye self trim method. It seems easy.

Beckstar
April 21st, 2012, 04:21 PM
*hugs*

Maybe you could play around with some fake ponytails? It will give you some length and you can get all different lengths and styles of them. Curly, straight, or even wavy.

UpNorth
April 21st, 2012, 04:24 PM
Oh no:( I´m so sorry!

I really think most hairdressers are, no offense, stupid. I have met two good hairdressers my entire life, my current and a friend of my mother.

AndreaPetrea
April 21st, 2012, 04:26 PM
I'm so sorry :( I wish I could do anything to make you feel better!

Addy
April 21st, 2012, 04:35 PM
Oh ghesh! I think we've all BTDT at one time or another. I do know there are no words that will make you feel better about it. I'm so sorry. :(

CaityBear
April 21st, 2012, 04:36 PM
Aww! *hugs* That sucks. I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience. :(

CocoBean
April 21st, 2012, 05:48 PM
Hugs, hugs, hugs... I would be crying too. As hard as it seems, try to focus on the positive when you can, I'm sure your hair is still beautiful, even if radically different than what you expected... As others have posted here, we've all had bad hairdresser experiences, most are what I call 'scissor happy', and not thinking about how important your hair is to you.
As already suggested here, do Faye's self trimming technique... I just do little itsy bitsy trims here and there, and S&D too.
We're all here to help support you and encourage you on to your knee length dreams... we all have them!!:agree:

Lindsey999
April 21st, 2012, 05:53 PM
I am so sorry that this has happened to you :( I hope it regrows quicker thank you are thinking it will at present. I think what the others are saying about self trims is a very good idea - at least you control what is taken off

punkcatknitter
April 21st, 2012, 06:01 PM
Write a letter of complaint to the manager of the salon, Request your money back AND request this hairdresser be under training in the salon, and garner more training in school. That's what I would do. Take a picture and date the photo, if you can, for proof. This is uncalled for. What does she mean she wasn't allowed to straighten it? Is she referring to your request of the u hemline? She really, really misunderstood your request by far.

I would complain and I wouldn't pay.

heidi w.

I agree. I would make a HUGE fuss. I self trim, but if I ever set foot in a salon, I'd threaten them within an inch of their lives if they cut more off than I wanted. The hairdresser would know ahead of time that if they went one millimeter further than I said was okay, I would NOT be paying.

YumiYume
April 21st, 2012, 07:00 PM
Oh my, this must be the best bord ever, only you guys understand how presius hair is, you have sended so cind words and tips in 4 pages it realy lit my mood up. I promise I will answer you all tomorrow its the middle of the night here now, but I made photos to show, I reeeeeealy apriciates all your hugs and it feels like even if this is years backstep, at least I'm not standing alone facing the long hair journy, thank you *hugs back with teared eyes*

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp57/YumiYume/haircut.jpg
Here's the result of bleaching the dye out from my avatar and I think it is ok start I want to henna over it later, and The first ones is the hemline, (the colour is a bit lighter) and compared to my avatar there were a lot of hair to make a soft U :'( ! picturres with wite lines is marked where I think a strait line is from the ear, and the last picture is when I took the to much hair away to show how much extra there is

Silverbrumby
April 21st, 2012, 07:10 PM
I am so sorry. I haven't had this happen as I stopped going to a salon a while ago but last time they offered to straighten it for me and I agreed because I love long, straight hair. They almost flat ironed it to death after blow frying. My ends are still paying the price.

lapushka
April 21st, 2012, 08:00 PM
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp57/YumiYume/haircut.jpg
Here's the result of bleaching the dye out from my avatar and I think it is ok start I want to henna over it later, and The first ones is the hemline, (the colour is a bit lighter) and compared to my avatar there were a lot of hair to make a soft U :'( ! picturres with wite lines is marked where I think a strait line is from the ear, and the last picture is when I took the to much hair away to show how much extra there is

O gosh, honey! Compared to your signature picture, looks like they really did a number on you! :( I'm so sorry you feel bad about your hair. But on its own, it's not -at all- that bad. Considering that it was long, yes, it's tragic, but it looks like it's in good condition, and you can at least start to grow it back out - lesson learned.

Quetiepi
April 21st, 2012, 08:54 PM
This happened to me in March of 2009. I went to a salon for a trim and got talked into a major chop to donate for Locks of Love. I went from almost waist length to not even being able to make a pony tail. I cried forever!
I know how you feel! I think your hair is still beautiful, and it will grow back. I love the color of your hair, and you have a really nice hemline!

spidermom
April 21st, 2012, 09:09 PM
That's awful; I'm so sorry.

I hope you have a super-duper, so fast you can't believe it, growth spurt to make up for that awful cut. Hey - could happen!

kittengirl
April 21st, 2012, 09:17 PM
I'm so sorry. I'm sure it doesn't look as bad as you think it does!

YumiYume
April 22nd, 2012, 03:34 PM
I didnít wake up finding this only to be a nightmare no matter how many hours I cried tonight. I will answer your kind posts, and again, It really warms me up to hear all your kind words and to feel your support, only you guys truly understand that hair isnít jut hair <3.
Page 1:
#2, Golden Moments
Thank you, no I never tried because I was afraid to cut wrong or take too much off, but, since I wouldnít take that much I think Iíll try it anyway , thank you for recommending the method =)
#3, Amanah
Thank you, I can understand that , feels like thereí to many who cant cut than there is =(
#4, Afu
=í( , yes I asked my friend to take photo of the back, then I took on the sides myself, they are post number #38 on page 4, My friend who took it said it was still long (sheís not a LHC user) and that it looked healty, but It.. Itís hard, and I still find splits and to me its short =( , thank you for the hug
#5, XcaliburGirl
Thank you, I reaaly hope it does, but my grow rate is not even an inch in 2 months =( , I think thatís a good Idea to, and I donít own any hair treatments, I think Im going to try some of It
#6, Isa Ferrara
Thank you, yeah, I should know to not trust anyone with something that presious =( I find it realy hard to do so, but I want to try
#7, karala
Thank you, and Im sorry to hear that happened to your hair to *hugs* so awful =(, that true I will never trust some random ever again :( unfortinatly, none here realy does understand it much so either self trim or going to the hairdresser I did like, but I cind of lost trust in them because of her,
Iíve tried to read about supliments before but no mather how much I read I still donít understand anything, but I think my vitamins are good but exept for that I donít get it =/. Yeah, keeping it up is probably a good Idea Iím going to try, and baby the ends, I realy want classic lenth . thank you, but I had to bleach my whole hair to get the dye out, but this part is not in as bad shape as the bottom were, thanks to LHC I might get that extra patience , thanks for the flower =)
#8, BritHair
Thank you, yeah but last time I had one that did listen to me, so I felt comfortable this time but ended up scarred, How sad that she moved, and I understand why you donít want to try anyone else, thatís a horrible experience :( its like there too much who cant cut better than youself can in your sleep :(. Treatments and pretty updos sounds nice, I think thatís a good Idea to try =/
#9, NeenyOtaku
Thank you, all this and everyones experiences makes me wonder if they teach ignorance, lying and ďdonít give a crap about what the customer wantsĒ as the main subjects in hairdresser school =/..
#10, Kelikea
Oh my! Thatís awful! Keeps surprising me on how stupid and ignorant people can be! nice o hear that your hair did grow so much and that, thank you for sharing as support.
I thougt about it last night to go there but I donít know if I have the guts to, and besides it will become even shorter so I donít want them to touch it for now =(
Thank you, I will try some stuff to make my hair in better condition along this new long journey

YumiYume
April 22nd, 2012, 03:37 PM
Page2:
#11, Honeyfall
Thank you for your hug and words
#12, Afu
I think hairdressers talks the same language but change every words meaning into something else.. Ihave bought a hairsissor for S&D earlier, but I loose patience quick when I start, but I think I’ll keep only doing that and try selftrim later on, It cant get worse than she did anyway. I think I am going to join that wear hair up challenge you wrote, thank you for your support and tips
#13, MissHair
It’s so sad that it does happen to people =( ! you guys do make me feel better, and I really hope it will grow in a hig-speed, thank you
#14, Neodrache
Oh was her hair in such a bad shape it had to be done :(? It is nice that you did learn how to cut and colour for her sake and that she trust your hands and mind more than anyone to touch her hair =) Its awful how something can scar one for life, hope that the saying is true “nothing bad that doesn’t
#15, Bedhead
I don’t understand that eather, she said I had to take a dm for the worst part, not 3 times as much =’(, thank you, Im not sure I want to talk with them since I don’t want them to talk me into a freshen up cut =/
#16, spookyghost
Thank you, yea everyone sends so much kindness and support =)! Oh its so sad that it has =(. Your worst trim sounds like the dresser should be fired and find herself another job, how can “I want to keep my lenth” become “lets cut it al off”?!
I tried to learn about oils and stuff but I cant seem to understand it, and then Im conused if oils get washed away with only CO method, they had morrocan oil to sell but I didnt buy it becaue I didn’t know if I could use it to the washing method . Its good to hear that your hair growed fast =)! Yeah,, I guess I have to try think that aswell, the worst part is gone =/, thank you
#17, BrightEyes
Thank you, yes she should =( .. Oh ok, do they usually cut straigt across or layer? I think to many people think hair’s just hair =(, yeah there’s some hobby in front for now, I do LARP (Live active role playing) and Im going to be half human half fox from my younger sisters own race she made up, and there’s chlothes to be made and the event is 14-16 june, exited to go =)
#18, Lapushka + #19, Immera
Thank you, okey, Feye seem to know how to cut easily =), and if everyone are able to cut nicely then your right, there’s no need for a hairdresser to destroy-cut it and pay for it aswell =/
#20, Somethingwicked
Ok, I will try that, but as you say it hav to be long enough so It will have to wait a while. Maby there’s a lot of cutters but a few who can be considered as professionals, Its nice to hear that you went to a good one that listened and understands you. Yea, they lock ears and only see sissors and even up means cutting al off because they didn’t know how to even up

YumiYume
April 22nd, 2012, 03:38 PM
Page 3:
#21, Kittyxx
I realy don’t want them to touch with sissors again for now =/. I have poofy hair/texture and she said she couldn’t cut it bether because I said no to flat iron it. I said I wanted it to look even when dry not straight while the one I went to before did cut it after my wayvy structure while it was dry and it became good, Im so angry with myself that I didn’t wait until he had time =( I cant even guess how your curly hair ended up like after a cut from someone who cant cut curly =(
#22, KittyBird
Thank you =(. Ive always being scared to screw my hair up, but I might even be cutting better in my sleep than she did.. yeah it does cost a lot to cut at a saloon =/. Some have recommended feyes method so when Im going to trim I will try hers for u-shape for sure. I will try to baby it, when I figure out how to =/. I really hope it will =)
#23, Artisticat
Ohh im sorry for you too they’r a bit evil =(, I understand your thinking, that person who watch over the cut should scream loudly in their ear if they even thinks wrong.. =/, thank you!
#24, Bianca
Thank you, and thanks for the hugs
#25, Valfreyja
Thank you, I did bought hairsissor not to long ago for S&D, I hope that one will be ok for self trim to, thank you for the links =)! I didn’t cuite get how to cut when brought to front on each side, is it straight across or cut like a “/” ?
#26, Othala
Thank you for your kind words and support, I will try to do much more with my hair now than I ever did, I will try you al here are so supportive, I like your signature =)
#27, Heidi w.
I just wanted to go and didn’t want to make a big sene, when I said it was uneven she said it was because I didn’t let her use a flat iron and if she wasn’t aloud to then she cant cut “proporly”. I said that I wanted it to look even as my hair is because that’s the point and she just said that she could cut more of and I didn’t want that =(
Im to.. weak to complain =(
#29, jacqueline101
Thank you, I think I will when it has grown a bit longer =/
#30, Beckstar
Thank you for the hug and tip, but I don’t want to use fake ones, I want to wait until its al mine =(

YumiYume
April 22nd, 2012, 03:40 PM
Page 4:
#31, UpNorth
Thank you, yea its like they hear you but no mather what you’ve said they didn’t listen, as I mentioned before there might be many cutters but only a few profecionals =/
#32, AndreaPetrea
Thank you, and you along with the others did by writing here, It made all this a bit better
#33, Addy
Oh its so sad to hear that this is common, what do they think they are doing destroying for people =(! By writing here It made me feel better and less like a big cry-baby =)
#34, CaityBear
Thank you, and for the hug =(
#35, cocoBean
Thank you for hugs and supportive words =), It is awful that everyone have been going throuhgt crappy cuts =(. I will try that later on when I can feel it a bit of growth first, Im to scared of touching a sissor near my hair right now
#36, Lindsey999
Thank you so much, it means a lot to hear al your supportive words, and yeah, selftrim sounds good Im just going to wait for a while before trying to
#37, punkcatknitter
Yeah it is a good thing to do, but Im not as strong as a person who can do that =(
#39, Silverbrumby
Thank you =(. That’s good to hear that tey didn’t cut it al off, but awful that they fried your hair so much that they killed your ends and such a bad thing as if they did cut it =(
#40, lapushka
Yeah, I cant believe her eye-messurement is that bad =’(! Thank you for sayin that it look ok, but I do find splits guess that’s because of the bleach =/. . Yeas, lesson Is defenatly learned =(!

YumiYume
April 22nd, 2012, 03:42 PM
Page 5:
#41, Quetiepi
Oh that was evil =(! I can understand that must have been so awful and horrible and painful =(! Thank you, It makes me feel better to hear that it looks ok, that’s the result of bleaching it of, it might become to orange in some lights, but after an LARP Im going to and play fox, I will henna on it and hope for a deep nice copper colour
#42, spidermom
Thank you for your supportive words, I really hope for that too, I just don’t quite know how to do so it can grow faster than it usually does with less than an inch in 2 month =(
#43, kittengirl
Thank you, I’ve been so locked up about the lenth that I would never think the cut looks ok, but Im glad if it does look ok in others eyes because that makes me feel a bit better to

Im sorry If I missed to write something in everyones answers, Im realy grateful for all support, kind words, hugs and tips for making the best out of it, this realy made me feel better thank you *group hug*!

NeenyOtaku
April 22nd, 2012, 05:01 PM
Your so welcome,Im glad you are starting to feel better. :)

Valfreyja
April 22nd, 2012, 06:14 PM
Aw you're so sweet, you replied to everybody. ^^ *hugs you*

About the scissors, yes those types are perfect. Just don't ever use them for other things so the sharp parts don't become blunt (and blunt scissors cause split ends! Heaven forbid). When cutting, always cut straight across, so that the hair and scissors form a T shape together. This way of cutting also helps prevent split ends.

Good luck growing! You WILL get there. xx

Valfreyja
April 22nd, 2012, 06:15 PM
Aw you're so sweet, you replied to everybody. ^^ *hugs you*

About the scissors, yes those types are perfect. Just don't ever use them for other things so the sharp parts don't become blunt (and blunt scissors cause split ends! Heaven forbid). When cutting, always cut straight across, so that the hair and scissors form a T shape together. This way of cutting also helps prevent split ends.

Good luck growing! You WILL get there. xx

Mesmerise
April 22nd, 2012, 08:28 PM
I think most of us can identify with you, at least to some extent! Surely a hairdresser's training is solid enough that they can do most cuts :rolleyes:.

I once asked for long layers, and ended up with a really thick layer that was probably chin length... it staggered me that it would be considered "long" I was thinking a few light layers from maybe APL at the very shortest!

I've also seen a "shaggy bob" complete with illustration, end up as a spiked mullet :rolleyes:. It was on my sister's hair... when I gently suggested the hairdresser might just want to shorten the back, she said she didn't want to take off too much hair! It was spiked short at the top!!!

Self trimming is not so hard, and you really can't mess it up too much :). This is especially true if you just trim off a very small amount.

xoxophelia
April 22nd, 2012, 09:17 PM
Oh dear.. :(

If it were me I would be trying to convince myself that the hair was damaged or that now my ends were thick and flippy but... meh. If you can find any comfort in that or the new styles you can do it might help. Luckily it will grow out again but it must be infinitely frustrating!

If you need to get it evened up, I don't think you should go back to that salon. Maybe even get somebody you trust to even it out for you. Then you could put your hair up for awhile so you can adjust to the idea of it (and don't get reminded all the time).

I'm sure your hair is still beautiful :flower:

KrystalPixie
April 23rd, 2012, 02:04 PM
I currently have a pixie cause of damage and then the stylist ended up cutting way too much off :( it could be worse. I hope your hair grows quickly!

Carrie Ingalls
April 23rd, 2012, 09:46 PM
:grouphug: I'm sorry you had this experience. Others have given you far better words of wisdom about how to deal with this situation. I hope you have speedy regrowth!

LaurelSpring
April 23rd, 2012, 10:08 PM
It is so upsetting when this happens. Like others I went through it too many times and started doing it myself. There is Feyes method and lots of great youtubes on self trimming. I also like the creaclip.

catamonica
April 23rd, 2012, 10:11 PM
Im sorry that happened to you. My hair stopped growing for two years. From November to march 2012 I started wearing my hair in a braided bun five days a week. It grew from past waist to hip. I wear it down on weekends. I hope that will help. There is a web site called
singing mommy. The womans hair is down to her knees. On her blog she says buns promte growth. And she has not cut her hair in twernty years.

hennť
April 24th, 2012, 04:41 AM
I'm sorry sweetie, but it will be alright!

I've also had something quite similar happen to me about 2 years ago and thanks to that I go only to expensive hairdressers now because they know what they're doing. It's the cheap places that ALWAYS mess up one's hair. I always make it extra clear - to the point of getting almost bitchy - that I only want 'this much' hair cut off and no layers and no thinning scissors, etc. I even told my hairdresser the last time that the reason I went to her is because at the cheaper places they always cut off way too much and never do what I tell them :D I just had to drive the point home, y'know? :D

But I do let her flatten my hair as it does make her job easier and my hair surely won't die after one straightening ... but I know that others might feel differently about that ... I'm just way too scared of them cutting it wrong, so I agree to their terms.

It will feel better in a few days, you will see!!!

HUGS!

aggie_deirde
April 24th, 2012, 05:41 AM
I feel so sorry for you.I would have cried and killed propably the hairdresser with his/her own scissors.Hugs from of also

ladyshep
April 24th, 2012, 11:17 AM
:( I am so sorry this happened to you. My heart goes out to you.

YumiYume
April 25th, 2012, 02:24 PM
#49, NeenyOtaku
^__^
#50, Valfreyja
Aw thanks for the hug, everybody was so sweet to me to and took time to support so I realy wanted to answer everyone =^_^=
Okey that’s good =) no I wont, promise =X. Ok, thank you for explaining =)
Thank you ^^!!
#52, Mesmerise
Oh, its so tragic, yeah maby theirs are but most is in their own world not hearing the one under the sissor =(
OH =(! If they don’t know whats long in your world they should have asked =(
That thing happened to your sister sounds more like one of those pure-evil hairdressers..
It does not seem to hard when I checked the tutorials a few times and got it explained what angle to cut aswell =), hopefully my hair grows so It will get a bit longer before I try, I would cry even more if it ends up shorter than now (want U-shape) :P thank you for replying ^^
#53, xoxophelia
Yeah Im trying to =/. No I’ll wait until It grown a bit to cut myself, I don’t dare going there now =X. Im planning to join the hair up-challenge that some of you suggested ^^ thank you =)! There’s a pic on page 4 but I hope you still think it is if you see it =X
#54, krystalpixie
Oh Im sorry =(!! Thank you, and I really hope that for you aswell =(
#55, carrie Ingalls
Thank you, and for hugs =) Yes everyone have been so supportvive, and every post makes everything a bit better =)!
#56, LaurelSpring
Yeah it is =/. Its so sad that everyone has to come to that decition by a hairdresser who don’t care =/, I will try fays metod later, its so cind of you all to help and recommend it =). I have no Idea what a creaclip is =P
#57, catamonica
Oh that’s a nice growth! Thank you for sharing metod and her blog =)
#58, henn&#233;
Thank you, yeah hopefully it will =)
Oh sad to hear =(. I know, but, this one IS the expensive saloon :’(, and the other one was realy good just she who only worked 2 months =(! If I ever go back(maby even up sometime if I mess upp) Im going to do like that, bring a mesurment tape, and demand either to watsh over with a mirror or have a friend behind as suggested before :P
Okey, but my hair has it wayvy texture it looks more uneven when cut straight, and it was almost straigt since she blowdryed it with a styling brush after my bleach treatment =/
Yes thank you, at least Im not crying, no its more obsessed over finding right roducts to care for it
Hug ^^
#59, aggie_deirde
Thank you, haha that sounds like a good payment ;P! hug ^^
#60, ladyshep
thank you, how sweet =)!

Everyone
Thank you so much for every single reply, you made me feel much better =). I will join different threads (even if Im a slow poster) and try to do what I can and I tressure all your support and tips =)! *grouphug*!

Lalital
April 27th, 2012, 08:08 PM
I feel for you and can relate to you. I have had so much trouble growing my hair (second time around) because of hair stylists and I have only ever gone in for simple trims. They continue to cut inches off at a time and my hair never seems to grow. I will never see a hairdresser again!
My hair has grown so much since I decided to not go back and I look after my splits with s&d's- which works very well. I have a goal length before I will trim and even it up myself. That way I can be sure to not lose too much length.
Just look after it, play with different up-do's while it's growing back and try not to look at the length too often and your hair WILL grow back. And this time, YOU can be the one to determine it's growth.:D

Doxieee
May 2nd, 2012, 08:10 PM
I am so sorry.. I have a serious fear of salons. I def. know what it feels like to want to cry after a hair disaster.. unfortunately I can only blame myself for mine :( only God knows why I went for a hideous "scene" mullet look.. eh!!

YumiYume
May 6th, 2012, 04:00 AM
Im sorry for my late replies =/

#62, Lalital
thank you, andIm sorry that they used to do so, but It is nice that your hair started to grow nicely with selftrims :). yeah sounds nice I will try my best and hope for a growing-boost, thank you for your support :)

#63, Doxieee
thank you, and ohh thats not a nice experience :(! I think a hairdresser should tell out off ones hairtexture and how it would look like with the faceshape, but they seem to not and then there's a realy sad customer :(... and somehow some dont do it proporly eather =/

barely.there
May 6th, 2012, 06:37 AM
A couple years ago, my then roommate had gorgeous Blonde BSL hair. She asked for APL, but the hairstylist layered it heavily, hemline ending a couple inches above APL. It DID look good, but we were all pretty shocked.

YumiYume
May 6th, 2012, 10:41 AM
#65, Barely there
Even if it looks good it is still sad, if the hairdresser in some reason doesnt understand what a cut to apl is, they should ask her to point it out and not guess randomly layers :( somehow hairdressers more and more sounds like .. evil non-listeners who cutts randomly, everyone in here seems to both been to a bad hairdresser and have friends who has to =/.. They who are good and listens is getting in the shadow because of all the bad cut-stories other hairdressers made =/

RisaMoe
May 6th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I am SO SORRY. I, like you and many others, have had this horrible experience and I think it takes about a week to stop feeling sick to your stomach (or really angry).

I've come to the conclusion that, since hair extensions are a quick way to have long hair, that stylists have forgotten just how much work and patience long hair is to grow out. They don't seem to respect the fact that you earn long hair, you don't glue it on.

I get my hair highlighted to control an allergy issue, so I go to a salon every 3 months. It took me several years to find a salon I could trust and I only work with one stylist - who owns the salon. Occassionally she suggests a trim, but she never cuts my hair unless we're both ok with it. (I microtrim)

When I was trying different salons I always laid down very clear rules before we started. Use my comb, highlight only, NO SCISSORS UNLESS WE DISCUSS IT FIRST and we agree on exactly how much comes off before a single cut is made.

When I say 'agree', I mean the stylist pulled up my hair and showed me exactly how much she wanted to cut and we discussed it from there.

There should be no surprises with a good stylist, but it's also important to be very clear about what you expect to happen while you are there.

I'm very sorry. Your hair will grow back faster than you think, but it's going to take a while until you feel better about the whole situation.

Shepherdess
May 6th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Oh no! :( I feel so bad that this happened to you! Ugh, wow, I would be so upset and angry if someone did that to my hair. I have been hearing so many horror stories lately, I just don't get why some people are so insensitive to other people's wishes. Anyway, even though they did that to your hair, I'm sure it looks okay, and I'm sure that it will grow back fast! Don't give up hope! *big hugs*

Ashlbee
May 6th, 2012, 12:38 PM
I am so sorry too! If a cut is something you want it can be the most wonderful, liberating thing in the world, if it's not, it can be so devastating. I never noticed how much most hair dressers take off until I started growing out my hair, now, every inch is precious. (I also realize how growing up my hair never got last shoulder length, my mom would take me in for regular trims so any and all new growth was snipped away! I thought it just never gre :/ ). After one too many traumatic salon experiences I am terrified of going back and have major trust issues. What happened to you in unexceptable. I think salons should be better regulated and when things like this happen a stylist should have their license put on probation or even revoked.

Take heart in knowing your hair is a gorgeous color, has a luscious hemline, and is still longer than my hair ;) I hope it grows back at super speed!

catamonica
May 6th, 2012, 01:05 PM
I used mane & tail horse shampoo. In 2009. It grew just past midback to waist. Fourteen inches. It seemed to help. I dont know if they sell that in Sweden. But maybe it will help. If you try it, add a capful or two of olive oil. It makes it soft. Im not sure if it helped growth.

YumiYume
May 15th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Risa Moe: thank you, yeah it is so sad that everyone goes throught this cind of stuff :(
you have a good point of the extention thinking, sounds like that is something and i think that goes for everyone who is used to se it. ohh I see, but it is really nice that you have that speciol one hairdresser that do respect you that much :)! and a really good tactic to find good ones

Shepherdess: thank you, yeah the horror seem to be all over the world, how hard can it be to listen and only cut as much as is agreed on :(

Ashlbee: thank you, ye it is true I gone tru those fases aswell and thers a huuuuge difference, like when I was a teenager I cut of all my waistlenth really unhelthy hair into a pixie and loved it was a feeling of controll I was finally able to get it off. Then I did other cuts I felt like years after, but now, I reaaly want it long an dbeautifull, not to get it snatched away =/. It is tragic that you got yours taken growth away =/, I will try feyes self trim metod so many tipsed about later on and dont go to a saloon for now :). thank you for the compliment! I bet your hair is not that shorter and beautiful too :)

Catamonica: Oh that sounds like a nice experience =O! I have no Idea if it exists here, but thank you for the tips, but I am a CO user to so I dont think I would dare to go on that schampoo, but I try to look around for different vitamins ^^

All: Thank you so much for your support and super-speed-growth cheers, It makes me happy and I dont feel that bad anylonger :). It took a while but I can look at it without feeling sad and my braids become almost equally thick all trhu the end, wile before it got a lot thinned out in the end ^^, once again thank you everyone made it so much better and I look forward to my upcoming journy and sorry for my late replay, group hug!

lapushka
May 15th, 2012, 10:41 AM
All: Thank you so much for your support and super-speed-growth cheers, It makes me happy and I dont feel that bad anylonger :). It took a while but I can look at it without feeling sad and my braids become almost equally thick all trhu the end, wile before it got a lot thinned out in the end ^^, once again thank you everyone made it so much better and I look forward to my upcoming journy and sorry for my late replay, group hug!

Aww that's so sweet of you to say! :) Wishing you well on your growth journey!

Kherome
May 15th, 2012, 11:49 AM
I'm sorry, but you still have nice hair. And on the plus side, you know you really got any bad ends off. I know that's poor consolation, but I went through this too. I went in (at waist) and asked for 1.5 inches off. I showed her 1.5 inches, she agreed to 1.5 inches. I left 3.5 inches lighter. I called the main office, demanded a refund, and that the stylist be reprimanded somehow. I got the refund, not sure what if anything was done to the stylist.

Slug Yoga
May 15th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Oh my gosh, your hair is absolutely gorgeous! Your hair color is amazing and it looks very shiny and healthy. I'm so sorry you had this experience, I think we can all sympathize. It will grow back, and you can still have the hair you dreamed of, keep that in mind! :) And now you know how to take care of it well, and the dye damage is gone. Maybe you can do some deep treatments and get some cute hair toys/accessories, as a treat for your lovely hair, and it will make you feel better?

anime_length
May 15th, 2012, 01:18 PM
I'm sorry that happened to you. Stylists are known for being caviler with people's hair.

I'll be wishing you a speedy re-growth. :heart:

Servana
May 17th, 2012, 02:24 AM
That sucks =( The same thing happens to me almost every time I go to the hairdressers. 2 or 3 trims ago, I had hip-length hair & I asked for a 1 inch trim. Needless to say, I came out with hair at BSL!!!!

I know it seems impossible, but once you stop dwelling on it, it will grow before you know it! But for now, I'd suggest some scalp massages. Bending over & massaging your scalp will stimulate the cells & can aid hair growth. It always works for me =)

DancingQueen
May 17th, 2012, 03:09 AM
So sorry to hear that :( same thing happened to me, but nowhere near in your case. But if your new hair is the hair in your avatar, I still think it looks good.