PDA

View Full Version : Castor oil for lash growth

Kwantslonghair
April 21st, 2012, 06:13 AM
Has any one actually used it and had growth/ thickening? Does anyone have pictures of it. Mine are horribly thin. I won't even wear mascara because it pulls out what I do have.

jel
April 21st, 2012, 07:19 AM
I used castor oil for a while on my top lashes overnight, and I noticed a thicker and slightly longer appearance. Maybe it was just the darkening. Anyway, I didn't really keep it up as I have fairly thick eyelashes anyway.

Here are a couple of threads on the Health board about this:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=63834&highlight=castor

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=84983&highlight=castor

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=23318&highlight=castor

spookyghost
April 21st, 2012, 09:57 AM
Hi! I just started using jamaican black xtra dark castor oil for my hair and lashes. Its been about one week for my lashes and I have noticed a slight difference. I only say slight because I am also using a eyelash growth enhancer from walmart. Im not at home right now to check the name of it but I can check in here later and let you know. From what I got at walmart, I have noticed a thickening and more lashes sprouting. Not alot, just a couple here and there. They are very short like they just started to grow so I am excited to see how much thicker my lashes will get once they are full grown. Theres one at Sallys too and that one also worked pretty good but it didnt seem to last too long. That one was $14.99. The walmart one is about $7.00 and is lasting longer than the one at Sallys.

I hope I didnt get too off topic from the castor oil but I wanted to say that I am also using something else. I love putting the castor oil on my lashes, and my eyebrows, because the jamaican black is very thick and it just makes my lashes and brows look so much darker and longer while I have it on. Im trying to see if I can wear it during the day without looking greasy because they look so much better with the oil on them.

I really think the castor oil is going to work. Maybe I just have high hopes but I feel pretty confident. I have to stay positive because my lashes are so thin and light you can barely see them! It sure cant hurt:lol: I dont wear mascara either because it alwasy runs down under my eyes and I look like a racoon! Does this happen to you? My eyeliner too. I experimented and used just the mascara one day and then just the eyeliner the other day to see which one was running and it was both. I have used all brands-smudge proof and water proof-just everything. And they all run. I thought maybe I have a greasy complextion but it doesnt happen to my friends who have a greasy complex. Needless to say it looks horrible so I am trying to thicken and darken my lashes so you can see them since I dont wear mascara.

Sorry this is so long!:D

MagicalMystery
April 21st, 2012, 08:43 PM
I've tried castor oil on and off and it honestly did nothing for me. It actually seemed to do the opposite. What did work wonders on me however... emu oil.

absinthewilde
April 21st, 2012, 09:41 PM
I noticed a difference in length in less than a month but they didn't seem any thicker.

AlannaMaria
April 21st, 2012, 09:41 PM
I think coconut oil has worked better for me than castor oil, honestly. : )

spookyghost
April 22nd, 2012, 08:22 AM
I was going to try the coconut oil first but the glass jar fell onto our ceramic floor and shattered. Brand new bottle. I didnt even get to use it once!:( And I also have been thinking about getting the emu oil too-that one has me really intrigued. I just havent ordered it yet. So since I already had the castor oil I decided I'd try that first.

Have you tried the emu oil on your hair yet? I'm so sorry I forgot to write your name down, I dont mean to sound rude. I'm starting to get confused on using oils a little bit. Some penatrate the hair and others dont. But they are all good for your hair and that I dont understand. I have been using the castor oil and argon oil but I dont think they penatrate my hair but they are suppose to do wonders! Then of course I figure if it works on my hair it'll work on my brows and lashes:D

Any thoughts?

sarahramen
April 22nd, 2012, 08:32 AM
I used it consistently for 3 months I think.I did see results in length and a little bit in thickness. I would apply with a qtip or evey once in a while my fingers, both to top and bottom lashes. In the morning my eye skin would look nice as well, moisturized and glowy. When I would curl my eyelashes the would touch my eyebrows! My mom would comment on how long they were or was I using mascara? I hadn't even told her what I was doing:D I stopped for no reason but pure laziness. Hmm I should start again:hmm:

MonaMayfair
April 23rd, 2012, 07:13 AM
People seem to have varying results. I tried it on my eyeBRoWS a couple of years ago to try to thicken them up - I've always had sparse eyebrows, which got worse when I developed an underactive thyroid) but the castor oil made no difference.

What HAS worked is Revitalash, which has thickened up my brows a bit, and given me really long curly eyelashes. I dyed them black (the lashes I mean!) a few weeks ago, and I haven't worn mascara since. They already look startling enough! I've been asked if they're real several times!

I know this isn't "natural" and it's not cheap either, but for me it works so well I will keep using it.

margarettt
September 8th, 2017, 08:47 AM
It was a question 30 and 40 years before and it's still a question now! :) Well me personally I dislike castor oil: its smell, consistence, and when it's on any bodypart of mine, especially inside... )) Plus I simply cannot remove it from my lashes after the procedure: some part always remains, and the mascara cannot cover the lashes in a normal way!.. Yuck. In any case, I prefer modern serums like Cherish Lash for example, never had any problems with it. The effect is strong too: my lashes are becoming much more spectacular, and I know this product is not chemical!! That's all I actually need.