PDA

View Full Version : Hair karma

fridgee
April 21st, 2012, 05:47 AM
So last night I was feeling frumpy and like I'd lost the punkiness I used to have, so I decided to get dress to go out in some of my old style, including straightening my hair. I know how damaging it is (my hair is still recovering from daily straightening but it's been about 4 or 5 months since I last did it) but I couldn't help but love it when it was done. It was soft, silky, tangle free, shiny and seemed so much longer. I felt really good and confident for a change as I stepped out the front door...

It rained on me the whole 25 minute walk to meet DBF! :( and I had no umbrella! Hello frizz! Each raindrop was laughing at me saying if you'd just have embraced your hair rather than tortured it into submission it would dry and stay curly, but we can't allow you to benefit from torture so say goodbye to your straight hair! (when did raindrops become so moral?!)

That's hair karma! Just letting me know resistance is futile! If I love my hair it will love me back, if I heat it to 200 degrees centigrade it's going to conspire to misbehave to teach me a lesson. (It must have done the rain dance while I wasn't looking!)

So make me feel a bit better, tell me about the times hair karma caught up with you! When you punished your hair and you got punished right back!

Kwantslonghair
April 21st, 2012, 06:02 AM
Mine is the opposite. When I curl it. It gets windy and the wind whips all the curl away. I might be different than some here but I don't think it hurts to heat style now and then as long as you protect it before and give some TLC after

MaryMarx
April 21st, 2012, 06:10 AM
I believe in karma, and definitely hair karma. I've learned my lesson. :p

XcaliburGirl
April 21st, 2012, 07:24 AM
Your hair and the weather are in cahoots! :wigtongue

Hmm, hair karma. I think my hair likes to punish me for chopping it short. It looks great in a faux bob, but then when I do cut it: cowlicks, fluffing out, both sides flipping to the right! It grows super quickly when I want it short so I have to keep trimming it and slowly when I want to grow it out. :rolleyes:

I give up, hair. I'm just going to leave you alone.

Isa Ferrara
April 21st, 2012, 07:56 AM
Your hair and the weather are in cahoots! :wigtongue

Hmm, hair karma. I think my hair likes to punish me for chopping it short. It looks great in a faux bob, but then when I do cut it: cowlicks, fluffing out, both sides flipping to the right! It grows super quickly when I want it short so I have to keep trimming it and slowly when I want to grow it out. :rolleyes:

I give up, hair. I'm just going to leave you alone.

I could have written this xcalibur girl. Holy cow. Except mine is a pixie. Which looks great, but I have to constantly be washing it and using products to get it how I want...which is a vicious cycle...no heat needed, though, but still...

fridgee
April 21st, 2012, 10:32 AM
Mine is the opposite. When I curl it. It gets windy and the wind whips all the curl away. I might be different than some here but I don't think it hurts to heat style now and then as long as you protect it before and give some TLC after

It seems my hairs not the only one the weather is in cahoots with! :D It's reassuring its not just me!

Mine also did the faux bob thing. I had nearly BSL hair that looked good when I pinned it up to look like a bob, had it cut that way and hated it. I'm still growing back from that mistake! When will I learn?! My hairs gonna do what my hair wants to do, don't cross it, or else!