PDA

View Full Version : Colorfix? Orange Hair?

ChristyCaroline
April 20th, 2012, 07:11 PM
I've been coloring my hair dark brown for a few years. The last time I colored it dark brown was in December. Quite a bit of it has grown out.

Simply, I've been googling for hours trying to figure out if I use ONE N' ONLY COLORFIX is it going to turn my hair orange? If it does, and I use Avon's Dark Golden Brown will it just color over it?
http://reviews.avon.com/5588/44495/reviews.htm

I know you're thinking "girl, get to a salon!" But I don't have $200, I'm a college student. Thanks so much!

vampyredolly
April 20th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Don't permanent dyes strip out the natural pigment and deposit color? Hmm.

A color stripper will remove the dye but won't return it to the natural color (usually) I had a mix of brown & black dye and a color stripper turned my hair an orangey/brown. I know for sure Color Oops removes dye!

A dark color would deposit over orange.

From what I remember, most dark (browns) dyes come out a shade or two darker than shown on a box.

lapushka
April 21st, 2012, 05:18 PM
Simply, I've been googling for hours trying to figure out if I use ONE N' ONLY COLORFIX is it going to turn my hair orange? If it does, and I use Avon's Dark Golden Brown will it just color over it?
http://reviews.avon.com/5588/44495/reviews.htm

I think it will, yes, if the colorfix strips the color enough so you can dye over it. Make sure the dye is darker than the color obtained after colorfix.

manderly
April 21st, 2012, 07:44 PM
Am I having deja vu? I think I replied to you already - must have been on the New! Start Here Forum :)

sarahbrownie
April 21st, 2012, 09:42 PM
ColorFix never made my hair orange, unlike Color Oops (found at any drugstore) which contains peroxide. Just make sure you put ColorFix on only your color treated hair. If you do put it on virgin hair it might lighten or discolor it. However, ColorFix will not get it back to it's original color. Are you trying to match your dyed hair with your new regrowth?

cheetahfast
April 21st, 2012, 09:57 PM
ColorFix never made my hair orange, unlike Color Oops (found at any drugstore) which contains peroxide. Just make sure you put ColorFix on only your color treated hair. If you do put it on virgin hair it might lighten or discolor it. However, ColorFix will not get it back to it's original color. Are you trying to match your dyed hair with your new regrowth?

??? :confused: Color oops has:

Part 1 - Deinonized Water, Hydrosulfite, Fragrance, Polysorbate - 80, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Cocamidopropylhydroxysultaine
Part 2 - Deionized Water, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropylhydroxysultaine, Xantham Gum

Colorfix has:

Part 1 Color Reducer
Water (Aqua), Sodium Hydroxymethane, Sulfinic Acid, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose,Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothizolinone.
Part 2 Conditioning Catalyst
Water (Aqua), Citric Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol/Dicetyl Phosphate/Ceteth Phosphate,Cetearyl Alcohol, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, PentasodiumPentetate.
Processing Lotion
Deionized Water (Aqua), Hydrogen Peroxide, Dimethicone Copolyol Medowfoamate,Simethicone, Phosphoric Acid.

sarahbrownie
April 21st, 2012, 11:27 PM
??? :confused: Color oops has:

Colorfix has:

Thanks for the correction. I assumed ColorOops did have it because turned my hair orange while ColorFix didn't. My bad.

hototogisu
April 22nd, 2012, 12:43 AM
All conventional dyes, even dark ones, contain enough peroxide to lighten your base, so if you've got dark hair you will have a brassy result after colouring.

I used the British version of Color Oops, and after a few emails with their customer service (who were PHENOMENAL, btw), I learned that they don't recommend colouring using a semi or permanent dye for up to a month after B4ing or Oopsing, as there's still a chance your original colour might reoxidise. So if you want to dye your hair immediately after removal, you should use a direct deposit dye like Elumen to stop it from reoxidising.