PDA

View Full Version : How to help my poor hair after being ill.

irishlady
April 20th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Hi everyone,

I have been very ill lately and am still recovering.
Needless to say, this has left my hair feeling like straw, and I admit that I have just not had the energy to oil it before washes like I usually do, and have not been washing it as much as I need to, not been using enough/any conditioner.

So the neglect coupled with my ill health has left it rather drab and ugly.

Any suggestions, treatments I could do to cheer it up?

Seeshami
April 20th, 2012, 10:22 AM
A deep conditioning may help bring some happiness back so sad hair. When my hair gets outrageously angry with me that's why I do. It makes it sorta happy. But The naughty mess isn't really much for happiness and good behavior.

Anje
April 20th, 2012, 10:55 AM
If your hair likes oilings, I'd say you should certainly try a nice soak in warm oil.

I'm a real fan of deep moisture treatments like SMTs, but it can be wise to stick to what you know works well, especially if you don't have much energy yet to experiment.

Othala
April 20th, 2012, 11:39 AM
A relaxing head massage followed by a hot oil treatment, a luxurious shampoo and a deep conditioner.

I hope you get back to good health very soon.

Phalaenopsis
April 20th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Hi everyone,

I have been very ill lately and am still recovering.
Needless to say, this has left my hair feeling like straw, and I admit that I have just not had the energy to oil it before washes like I usually do, and have not been washing it as much as I need to, not been using enough/any conditioner.

So the neglect coupled with my ill health has left it rather drab and ugly.

Any suggestions, treatments I could do to cheer it up?
I've had the same problem, I would suggest to just start oiling and using conditioner again :) And to give it a kick start with a deep treatment. Big fan of the Rosa Mosqueta conditioner from Aubrey as deep treatment here :)