PDA

View Full Version : Losing hair with roots intact.

MissHair
April 19th, 2012, 03:01 PM
When I lose hairs, I sometimes shed with the whole root intact. Does this mean the hair will never grow out from the same place again?

http://i42.tinypic.com/2rzyz3b.png

http://i42.tinypic.com/t6yqdg.png

Khiwanean
April 19th, 2012, 03:04 PM
It's just a root bulb. That's how you know a hair is shed and not broken. I've never seen such good pictures of one before.

barely.there
April 19th, 2012, 03:04 PM
I'd only start worrying about hair loss if it is excessive, or you notice that your ponytail is thinner. Its best that your hair comes out with the root because then you know that your hair care routine isn't damaging (breaking off only a section of the hair).

Jadecas
April 19th, 2012, 03:10 PM
i recently started shedding like this abt 2 weeks, i heard that rinses help though ACV or tea!!!!

Amber_Maiden
April 19th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I've never had that happen to me before.... hmmm...

nobeltonya
April 19th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Usually when mine shed, it's just the white ball.. that means it comes off completely, and was ready to shed. IDK about that whole piece on the end. I think I've seen it on one or two at some point..

Roscata
April 19th, 2012, 03:44 PM
It's normal to shed hair with the bulb, but yours looks like it might have a bit of build-up too.

You might want to exfoliate your scalp. You can use a sugar scrub (oil+[brown] sugar, or conditioner+[brown]sugar) or scritch with a comb (preferable wooden or bone comb, keep it parallel to your scalp and gently massage) or nails (be gentle, you don't want to harm your scalp).

Hope that helps! :)

MissHair
April 19th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the replies. Build up kind of explains it! I've been oiling my scalp recently and maybe that could be it too.

fridgee
April 19th, 2012, 04:26 PM
That looks how my plucked eyebrow hairs sometimes look. I've never had voluntarily shed hairs have that on tho, only ones I've pulled out. The voluntary ones have the round bulb but not that sort of layer of cells around them. Have you been doing anything that might be pulling hairs out before they are ready? Maybe too tight updos, or pulling tangles?

McFearless
April 19th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I believe that is how they are supposed to look. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Mesmerise
April 19th, 2012, 08:24 PM
It's normal to shed hair with the bulb, but yours looks like it might have a bit of build-up too.

You might want to exfoliate your scalp. You can use a sugar scrub (oil+[brown] sugar, or conditioner+[brown]sugar) or scritch with a comb (preferable wooden or bone comb, keep it parallel to your scalp and gently massage) or nails (be gentle, you don't want to harm your scalp).

Hope that helps! :)

This is my thought too. Sometimes when I shed a hair it'll have a flaky bit of skin/dandruffy stuff on it. Have a good look and see if it's a bit of buildup or shed skin or something just adhering to the normal root bulb.

Diamond.Eyes
April 19th, 2012, 08:32 PM
I have never had this issue before; with the whole root bed coming out like that. I would consult my physician if shedding like this continues.