PDA

View Full Version : Glorious hair comment just now...glorious I tell you!

buttercupmcgee
April 19th, 2012, 11:03 AM
When I started this job my hair was around collar bone length. I wear it up most days, but today I wore it down, after using curlformers last night. It now hits a few centimeters below APL.

A colleague just stopped me in the hall and said "Wait ,I thought you had short hair?" And gave my hair this quizzical/studying look like maybe I was wearing extensions, haha!

Best comment ever! I guess wearing it up a lot has another benefit---surprising people (including yourself) when you finally wear it down!

The best part about this was hearing someone imply that my hair is long! After a mid-neck chop last February, it feels so good to not have "short" hair anymore.

:cheese::cheese:

CopperHead
April 19th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Yay! Aren't hair compliments the best? They can really make your day. I wear my hair up all the time and I love to take it down and see the look on other's faces. It is always a surprise. :) Congrats!

mzBANGBANG
April 19th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Those compliments are the best because you know they are honest :) I'm sure you'll get the same when meeting with someone who hasn't seen you in awhile, bound to form a smile.

WaitingSoLong
April 19th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Always great to get a nice compliment!

I get this a lot when I have worn my hair up for some length of time...I always wondered...how can my hair be short and still be in an up-do? Like, do they really think I have collar length hair in a twisted spiral bun? Really? lol It is always guys who say this, too. I just don't think guys look at hair in the back.

PeacenQuietGal
April 19th, 2012, 12:31 PM
That IS Glorious!! Sussin you out for extensions lol! I could live for a week on a comment like that :)

C_Bookworm
April 19th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Aw that's great. Aren't hair complimented the best?

buttercupmcgee
April 19th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Thanks guys! Compliments truly are the best--especially when accompanied by a look of disbelief! Hehe!

jacqueline101
April 19th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I had a male friend tell me my hair is lush and lovely. They're the best compliments.

Oksana
April 19th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Don't they make you feel so good!

I saw a friend last week who I hadn't seen for a few months, she was convinced to start with I had extensions and said she didn't know anyone with long hair that was natural...If only she visited LHC!

embee
April 19th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Way to go! :) Yes, those comments are so good to hear. They are *real*.

Now we have to remember to Pass It On: make a good comment to some other longhair who's been getting carp from family and friends about needing to cut, being too old for long hair, etc.

spookyghost
April 19th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Awe-thats so awesome!

Jadecas
April 19th, 2012, 06:26 PM
As i trying to grow out my hair,i most likely frustrated my DH with all my new found knowledge on growth and health of hair.but he takes it all in, One day while dressing our Baby boy ,my hair just CWC and air dry ,my DH said Honey i Truly enjoy your hair at every stage as it grows ,looks so lovely and healthy,i am happy our son can know his mother's natural hair. i couldn't stop smiling days after.

nl-apl-bsl-??

Long_hair_bear
April 19th, 2012, 06:40 PM
I get hair and hair toy compliments from the girls at college. They always seem to be interested and intrigued about what hair toy I'm wearing that day. They always ask to see my hair sticks and moon so I turn my head and let them look. I love being unique, and as far as I know, I'm the only one who wears hair sticks and forks, though I'm slowly getting them caught on to the idea. I've given them several etsy sites including hairjems and mairzydozy.

JellyBene
April 19th, 2012, 06:55 PM
That is a very lovely compliment! Congrats on growing so far!

barely.there
April 19th, 2012, 08:21 PM
your hair must grow so fast....*jealous* :P