PDA

View Full Version : Hair cut tomorrow!

joflakes
April 19th, 2012, 09:14 AM
I'm a bit nervous. I haven't had a cut since the end of November but where I am growing out from my pixie, it is all a bit uneven and makes me very annoyed!

I've also decided to get some light bangs cut in, which I am looking forward to but am nervous about. I need to find some inspirational photos!

Just thought I would share as I am sceptical. I had a chat with her and she gets that I am growing out my hair so she should be good but we'll see.

Eep!

Amanah
April 19th, 2012, 09:32 AM
I understand how you feel . . .
I scheduled an appt for a microtrim yesterday and was so nervous about it that this morning I cancelled it, hehe.

joflakes
April 19th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Haha. Nevermind. I'm definitely going to mine as I hate my hair atm!

Amanah
April 19th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Well I can understand that, you have been pretty patient, it's been 5 months since you had yours trimmed?

swearnsue
April 19th, 2012, 10:51 AM
You will feel much better when the pixie shape is trimmed back into a smooth grow out shape. Once you get the hemline straighter you will be able to enjoy your hair growth a lot more. At least, that is how it was with me.

joflakes
April 19th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Well I can understand that, you have been pretty patient, it's been 5 months since you had yours trimmed?

Yep. Nearly 6!

You will feel much better when the pixie shape is trimmed back into a smooth grow out shape. Once you get the hemline straighter you will be able to enjoy your hair growth a lot more. At least, that is how it was with me.

It isn't too bad. I just feel like it is shapeless and blah at the moment and I am not enjoying it at all.

Time for a small but significant shake up! :cheese:

Amethyste
April 19th, 2012, 11:01 AM
same here! I have a bang and a full length bob that is below chin at the moment and I am so happy that I did trims to get to this length. now I am letting it grow for the next 2 years, though i'll micro trim here and there to make sure my ends are in good shape since I still use a low heat iron to curl the ends. After I am able to twist and clip, i'll switch to benign neglect and will not fuss so much about it after that.

Post pictures!!!

joflakes
April 19th, 2012, 11:07 AM
same here! I have a bang and a full length bob that is below chin at the moment and I am so happy that I did trims to get to this length. now I am letting it grow for the next 2 years, though i'll micro trim here and there to make sure my ends are in good shape since I still use a low heat iron to curl the ends. After I am able to twist and clip, i'll switch to benign neglect and will not fuss so much about it after that.

Post pictures!!!

That makes sense. I'll try to do the same. We'll see. I hope it comes out alright and yes I will post pics!

mzBANGBANG
April 19th, 2012, 12:24 PM
You may find after you get the pixie reshaped your hair will appear longer since it will be closer to one length. I don't know why this is, every time I cut my face framing layers in the front my hair goes from pretty long to "oh, it's short again." Even though the back of my hair is still growing. If that makes sense :P

cheetahfast
April 19th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Do we get a pictures update tomorrow :popcorn:???
And good luck!

barely.there
April 19th, 2012, 09:47 PM
do you want fringe bangs or side swept?

joflakes
April 20th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Yes of course!

Front ones, kinda like this:

http://betterhairstyles.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Wispy-Bangs.jpg